| She Likes Spring, I Prefer Winter

From Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Yu Jimin
 

 

 

 

 

Being with Minjeong has become the happiest moment of my life. 

Growing up, I never really had any friends, and I consider that as my fault because some kids actually wanted to befriend me but I just don't want to. I was basically a loner. 

I had glasses on, the way I dress myself had always been awkward and not good. But my parents, they still think I'm pretty despite my lack of giving importance to my appearance, which is something that I actually appreciate.

Probably the main reason why Mindeongie didn't recognize me from the start. I am too far from what I was before.

I only have my parents, so when they died, leaving me alone in this world, I felt like I died too. 

I was always alone and I was used to it. But that much loneliness, when the people that I cherished left me, I couldn't take that.

I lost my smile that was only made for them.

When the funeral day came, I escaped. 

I wanted to go with them. I didn't want to be left behind. 

I was feeling so lonely. 

Until that someone suddenly sat beside me on the dirty ground, offering me an ice cream. 

And you know what's funny? The first words that came into my mind are not 'Go away' or 'leave me alone'.

She's beautiful.

That was what came to my mind when I first saw her. 

It was love at first sight, I guess?

Is that even possible?

Or maybe I was just attracted. 

But seriously, I can't get her face off of my mind after that situation.

Especially when she became the reason why I smiled again, after a few days of knowing that my parents had just died. 

I didn't even have a picture of her. All I have is the memory of her face, the ice cream, and the pink pringles. 

I was uncertain.

Although I promised that I'd wait for her in the convenience store, that I would try to find her, I was still uncertain.

Because she was a stranger, a stranger who caught my eyes at first glance and had a very big impact on my life. 

But who would've thought?

"Alright," I unbuckled her seatbelt and smiled at her. "Let's go?"

She smiled back at me and held my hands, going out of the car. 

"Let's go."

I met her, once again. 

And now, she's back to me. 

"The cafe is very busy again, huh." I heard her mutter beside me as soon as we got inside her cafe. 

"Winter! Jimin!"

My girl facepalmed when she heard the name from Wendy Unnie, which made me chuckle. 

Wendy unnie went to us with a big smile on her face. 

"Hey, Jimin. Long time no see!" She cheerfully said to me, before turning to Minjeong. "Winter—"

"Unnie, please."

Wendy unnie laughed. "It's been a while since I saw you! How was the vacation in Japan?"

Minjeong and I glanced at each other. 

She cleared before answering Unnie.

"It was…fun. We enjoyed it."

"That's great!" Wendy Unnie clasped her hands together. "So, what are you guys doing here? I thought you're having two weeks of rest, Minjeong."

"We just came to check up on you and the cafe." 

"The cafe is doing fine, Minjeong-ah. Actually, I had to hire new workers because we're getting a lot of customers lately." 

"That's great." 

Unnie smiled at us, but when her gaze went to Mindeongie and I's intertwined hands, her smile grew bigger.

Oh boy. 

"So…" She trailed off. "Care to explain what's happening?"

"Care to explain what?" Mindeongie asked. 

"You know, You and Jimin, friends who are…" She glanced at our hands again. "…holding hands."

I chuckled. 

"I don't think we can still be considered as friends."

Wendy unnie gave me a teasing look. 

"And I'm guessing it's not for a bad reason?"

"Definitely not." Minjeong butted in. 

"Uh-huh. So…girlfriends?"

"No…" I answered. 

Wendy Unnie gave me a confused look.

"…Not yet."

"Oh," She slowly smiled again. "Why not?"

"We're still waiting for the right time." Mindeongie responded. "By the way, Unnie. Can we get some drinks? We will have to leave after this because we're going somewhere."

"Sure, sure." She smirked at us. "Is it a date?"

I answered, "A double date."

We just got a text from Ryujin yesterday that Yeji finally said 'yes' to her. And to say that she's happy was an understatement. That girl was literally screaming when she called us, Mindeongie had to lower the volume of her phone because Ryujin didn't stop screaming her lungs out. 

I offered a double date.

And that's when Ryujin's scream became even louder to the point that we had to end the call. 

I didn't think that she would react like that. I thought it was already obvious because of how I acted at the airport last time. 

Mindeongie told me that was normal because…well, that's Ryujin. She can be very overreacting sometimes. 

But then she also told me that Ryujin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter