Show off

Marriage Booth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the sun rays started getting stronger, Karina felt hot, waking her up from her sleep. She again tried searching for her wife's body, a habit she became accustomed to for the past days, yet again just to be disappointed by the empty space.

 

 

Her throbbing head hits her as soon as she sat up.

 

 

“Ugh! I'll never drink again, ansakit sa ulo.” Karina whined as she went towards the bathroom to bathe as well as do her morning routine. She changed into an oversized shirt that Minjeong owns with just her undies underneath. Wala naman kasi siyang schedule ngayong araw, kaya rin may lakas siyang maglasing kagabi.

 

 

She went out of their room with a towel on her head while her phone was in her hand. She was thinking of messaging Minjeong with another good morning and a bunch of selfies, and so she did.

 

 

Karina was typing her message while she went towards the kitchen. Kabisado na niya ang bahay nila kaya kahit hindi siya tumingin, alam niya kung saan siya papunta.

 

 

She was busy typing while taking a glass and a carton of cold milk from their fridge, not really knowing that Winter was there too.. at the kitchen, drinking her cup of morning coffee.

 

 

Winter just silently watches her wife pour milk on her glass. And after being satisfied with the amount of milk in her glass, Karina decided to send the message and drink her milk at the same time.

 

 

Nagtaka si Karina nang makarinig ito ng phone notification sa malapit, after niyang maisend ang message niya. Lumingon naman ito at agad na nasamid sa iniinom niyang gatas.

 

 

Marahan niyang hinampas hampas ang dibdib niya habang naghahabol ng hininga dahil hindi siya makapaniwalang nasa harap na niya ang asawang tatlong araw niyang hindi nakita at nakasama.

 

 

Natawa naman si Winter sa itsura ni Karina at marahang lumapit dito para punasan ang misis niyang may kaunting gatas pa sa labi at kasalukuyan pa ring nakatulala.

 

 

“Masyado ba kitang namimiss kaya nakikita kita ngayon? Gosh lasing pa ata ako.”

 

 

Agad na ibinaba ni Karina ang hawak na baso at pumunta ng sink para maghilamos. Sinusundan lang siya ng tingin ni Winter, masyado siyang natutuwa sa mga nakikita niya kaya ay hinahayaan niya nalang.

 

 

'She really missed me. She even wore my shirt, hot.' Saad pa nito sa sarili habang pinagmamasdan ang likod ng asawa niya.

 

 

Nang humarap uli si Karina ay nandoon pa rin si Winter. Kaya naman ay lumapit na ito para hawakan ang asawa niya, just to confirm na hindi nga siya naghahallucinate o nananaginip.

 

 

“Oh my gosh! Asawa ko!” Agad na yumakap si Karina kay Winter na agad din naman nitong nasalo.

 

 

“I thought you wouldn't notice, misis ko. I missed you.” Muling humalik sa leeg ni Karina si Winter after niya itong sabihin.

 

 

Karina cupped her wife's face. “Kailan ka dumating? Akala ko wala ka pa kasi wala naman akong naramdamang katabi ko kanina.” She even pouted, remembering the empty feeling while she searches for Winter on their bed.

 

 

“I arrived around 3:30 AM. Don't worry natulog akong yakap ka kahit na medyo amoy alak, misis.” Karina frowned remembering the reason why she drank herself to sleep.

 

 

Agad naman itong napansin ni Winter kaya siya naman ang humawak sa magkabilang pisngi ng misis niya.

 

 

“Does your head hurt? I made soup for you misis ko. Upo ka, I'll have it served.” Hinila ni Winter si Karina papunta sa table nila at pinaupo ito sa upuang kaharap ng inupuan niya kanina.

 

 

Winter went back to the kitchen counter to prepare Karina's soup. Pinapanood lang ito ni Karina, even putting an arm over the table and placing her left cheek over her palm. Ngayon niya lang din napansing hindi naka pang opisina ang asawa niya, instead, naka pajamas pa ito.

 

 

“You don't have work, asawa ko?” Karina asked making Winter to look at her.

 

 

Winter smiled. “I'll be working from home, misis. It's just a few meetings over the internet kaya dito na lang sa bahay. I have my office prepared na rin naman.” She finished before bringing Karina her bowl of hangover soup.

 

 

“Thank you.” Karina said before pulling Winter's shirt to kiss her wife on the lips. It didn't surprise Winter anymore. Nasasanay na siyang clingy ang asawa niya and she likes it.

 

 

“Welcome.” Winter said, kissing Karina's forehead too before going back to her seat.

 

 

Karina took a sip on her soup and she never forgot to compliment the chef for another mind blowing dish.

 

 

“Pwede na tayong magtayo ng resto with just your cookings, asawa ko. But a part of me wants to gatekeep all of it so bad. Dapat ako lang makakatikim ng mga luto mo.” Karina said finishing her soup which made Winter chuckle.

 

 

“Don't worry, I don't have plans on starting a restaurant.” Winter answered, sipping her unfinished coffee that she left a while ago.

 

 

A moment of silence engulfed the two for a second. And Karina knows that she should talk to her wife about the things that are bugging her. She's her other half after all.

 

 

“Actually.. I have something to tell you.” Karina sounded too serious for Winter. It was the same tone she had when they met the first time to talk about their accidental marriage.

 

 

Winter looked at her and nodded, letting her continue what she's about to say.

 

 

“My company.. they wanted me to date someone.” She said looking at her wife's eyes.

 

 

“They’re fully aware that I'm married. But they just kept insisting that it's okay since we haven't made the announcement yet.” Karina paused, she's watching her wife's face but she can't read Winter.

 

 

Karina stood up from her seat and went towards Winter. She took the mug that Winter was holding and placed it at the table. Karina then slowly straddled over Winter's lap.

 

 

“Asawa ko.. I do love my career but.. I'll never tolerate adultery kahit na staged pa yan.” Karina said, assuring her wife. Winter nodded.

 

 

“But I wanna ask you something.” Karina said, holding Winter's hand.

 

 

“Are you sure about me?” Karina's question got Winter furrowing her eyebrows.

 

 

“What do you mean?” Winter asked back, she's confused. Does Karina think they're just playing all this time?

 

 

“I want to know if you're sure of me, Minjeong.” Karina repeated, not really clearing up anything from Winter's head.

 

 

“If you're asking if I'm sure about us spending the rest of our lives being tied together, then yes.” Winter looked at Karina with full determination.

 

 

“I have always been confident with my decisions, Jimin. But I have never been more sure with you.” Winter said which earned her a kiss from Karina. A sweet but eager kiss that Karina had been suppressing after finally seeing Winter after days of being away from each other.

 

 

“Mhm..” Karina moaned as Winter's hands started traveling her body. Winter's touching places she's never touched before and Karina craves it too.

 

 

“Let's announce our.. uhm.. m-marriage.” Karina tried finishing her sentence while her wife was doing her things that makes her roll her eyes over the back of her head.

 

 

Winter went down to Karina's neck and started kissing Karina's sensitive spot which made her wife squeal a little.

 

 

“Minjeong!” Karina protested.

 

 

“What?” Winter stopped, chuckling at her wife who's now pouting because of what she did.

 

 

“Not there! Nakikiliti ako.” Karina said before she hugs her wife, placing her head above Winter's shoulder.

 

 

“Okay, okay misis.” Winter said hugging her wife on the waist and kissing her neck one last time before she hears another squeal from Karina.

 

 

“I missed you so much, asawa ko.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter