Missing you

Marriage Booth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

After receiving Wendy’s call, Joy immediately dialed Winter’s phone but to her disappointment, no one answered. It’s almost three in the morning yet she’s wide awake.. and thank God she is because Wendy got a hold of her in a very crucial situation.


 

“Minjeong, sumagot ka naman oh!” Just like Wendy, Joy got nothing but a beeping sound indicating that the call ended without being answered.


 

Joy went to her car to drive to Winter and Karina’s house. All the lights are off except for the porch. 


 

“Minjeong! Andyan ka ba?” She kept pressing the doorbell, yet again, no one came out.


 

“Asan ka bang bata ka?” Joy called Minseok’s residence this time, but they said that Winter didn’t come home tonight thinking that she came back to her house.


 

Winter’s secretary is becoming worried. Karina needs her as soon as possible but she’s missing?! What should she do? What will she tell Wendy?


 

She mentally slaps herself. ‘Eh ano naman? Bakit ba ako nagwoworry eh si [redacted] lang naman to? Tch.’


 

Seungwan calling…


 

‘Speaking of the devil..’


 

“Sooyoung.”


 

Joy’s eyes immediately did an eye roll just from hearing her name from Wendy. She’s still mad at her.. actually, her hate never left her after all these years.


 

“Seungwan.” Saying her name left a bitter taste in Joy’s mouth.


 

“Kamusta? Nasabi mo na ba kay Winter?”


 

“Hindi ko siya mahanap.”


 

“Ha? Wala ba siya diyan sa bahay nila ni Karina? Sooyoung kailangan siya ni Karina ngayon!”


 

“Oo, alam ko Seungwan. Kumalma ka at nag aalala na rin ako dito, wag ka nang dumagdag please lang?” Joy was frustrated. Maybe this isn’t about her searching for the missing Kim Minjeong anymore..


 

“Okay, just call me kapag may balita na kayo.”


 

“Ge.” Joy said nonchalantly. She can’t stand being on call with Wendy for too long. She’s afraid she might say something she doesn’t mean at all.. just like before.


 

“S-sooyoung.. I’m sorry.” Just before Joy dropped the call, Wendy spoke. She said something she hasn’t told Joy years after their relationship ended.


 

No.. their relationship didn’t even have an ending. They didn’t break up. The other just left without a single word.. walang paapaalam.


 

When Wendy dialed Joy’s number, she was actually glad that the latter didn’t change her number after years of not getting in touch. She was scared but this isn’t the time for that, rather, she just needed someone to contact Minjeong  for Karina. Yes, that’s it.. but is it really?

 

 

“Save it. I don’t wanna hear any of it, Seungwan.. ever.” Joy said. She’s done.. she can’t listen to her anymore just like they used to. Hindi na sila yung dating in love sa isa’t isa na isang tawag lang handa nang ibigay ang lahat. They fell apart.. just because of one wrong decision.


 

And the call ended.


 

Joy tried calling Minju, and she thanked the heavens someone answered.


 

“Hello?” Kazuha said. Tulog kasi si Minju sa tabi niya and she’s the light sleeper in their relationship kaya laging siya ang nagpapatay ng alarms or nagtetake ng calls ni Minju while they slept.


 

“Kazu, kasama niyo ba si Minjeong?” Kazuha looked at the caller ID before answering.


 

“Ate Joy? Opo, andito po si MJ pati si Yena, nagsleepover sila. Bakit po?” Joy could finally breathe. Nahanap na rin niya ang nawawala niyang alaga.


 

”Wala kasi siya sa bahay nila. We need to go somewhere as soon as possible. Can you wake her up para masundo ko siya ngayon?” Joy explained as she went inside her car to go and fetch Minjeong to prepare before they leave.


 

“Sure po ate.”


 

“Okay, thank you Kazu!”


 


 

“Minjeong we need to leave for Milan. Our flight is in two hours kaya kailangang kong bilisan mo magpack at magbihis. Okay?” Minjeong was still sleepy, not understanding a thing but she managed to at least give Joy a nod.


 

Joy parked again in front of Winter's house and just let her walk inside. She followed her making sure she's really doing what she needs to, very quickly. Madaling araw pa lang naman pero baka maabutan sila ng traffic kapag nagtagal pa sila.


 

She also helped Minjeong with packing and as soon as she made sure everything was good to go, they left for Milan. Joy’s luggage was already with her when she started looking for Minjeong, she’s prepared enough to even inform Lolo Minseok that they need to use their private jet for the two of them to leave after knowing where Minjeong was.


 

“Minjeong.. I want you to listen carefully.” Winter is now wide awake and she’s starting to doubt why do they have the need to leave for Milan? Wala naman silang kailangang investor doon since they are established already in that particular area. She’s getting curious.


 

“Sure, ate. What is it?” Minjeong said before drinking her water.


 

“Karina.. your wife.” She got alerted immediately after hearing her wife’s name.


 

“What happened to my wife?!” Joy held her hands before continuing.


 

“She’s at the hospital right now. Seungw— I mean, Wendy called me after rushing her to the hospital since she can't get a hold of you.”


 

Minjeong felt her heart ache, she even thought she heard her own heart shatter.


 

“Why ate?! Bakit napunta ng hospital ang asawa ko?!”


 

“She accidentally got pushed by a fan and started bleeding.”


 

Minjeong’s face contorts with the thought of all the possible reasons as to why her wife has to bleed?


 

“Huh? Did she got stabbed? Did someone tried to hurt her? Why did she bleed?” 


 

“No she didn’t got stabbed or any sort of that.. She’s actually pregnant, Minjeong.”


 

Tears flew down her face right after hearing that her wife was pregnant. She wants to be happy, but she can’t. Bleeding due to physical trauma could cause them to lose the baby or even Karina..


 

“H-how are they ate? How’s my wife and our baby? P-please tell me they’re fine..” She was weeping and without hesitation, Joy engulfed her in her arms.


 

“I-I can’t lose them ate.. I can’t lose my family  again. P-pagod na pagod na ako..” Minjeong was losing her breath for crying too much, thankfully Joy was there for her to depend on. Aside from her friends, Joy was one of the people she trusts the most. Despite being in an employer-employee relationship, they treat each other just like how siblings do.


 

“Magiging okay din sila, let’s just pray for them.” Joy said, caressing Winter’s back and hair.


 

Winter fell asleep, tired of crying for the past days. While Joy on the other hand watches the clouds they passed by.


 

‘Should I just let her explain? Baka ito na yung closure na matagal ko nang hinihintay.’ Joy thought to herself.


 

She's been stuck all these years and she also wanted to move forward.. but Wendy never gave her that, kahit na pa naka balik na siya.. She never gave Sooyoung the explanation she deserved after being left out.


 

A few more hours and they finally landed. Somi also sent Minjeong a car to fetch her since she was informed by Wendy prior to their arrival.


 

The driver was also advised to bring them directly to the hospital where Karina was admitted. While on their way, Winter kept tossing and turning on her seat.. probably because she's nervous.


 

“Calm down. Malapit na tayo.” Joy said as she showed her phone with a map on it's screen.


 

“Bab— Minjeong.. ate Joy!” Somi called them as soon as they entered the hospital. She was actually waiting for them since Wendy needs to watch over Karina.


 

“Somi.” Winter said back to greet her friend as they hugged each other.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter