Short Story 10

Bad Man (Sequel: Dream Girl)

 

“We debut as Shin2! Finally~!” SooAh hugged him.

“Yes… After all those delays, scandals and controversies. We finally managed to debut!” Peniel hugged her back.

“I’m sorry for all the trouble I caused. Thank you for always being there for me. You are really my greatest best friend,” she tightened the hug. 

“Ahem…” someone let out a dry cough.

“Unniedeul!” she was happy to see the Cube family in the waiting room.

“Congratulation on Shin2 debut!” the Cube family congratulated SooAh and Peniel in unison. 

 

SungJae and IlHoon brought in a surprise cake that they specially prepared for SooAh and Peniel. After singing a congratulatory song, the Cube family took pictures together before eating the cake. They had a mini celebration in the waiting room.

 

“SooAh Noona, can I have a word with you?” SungJae approached SooAh who was talking to Peniel about their debut performance earlier.

“What is it?” SooAh asked.

“Please take care of our DongGeun hyung,” he said.

“Could you repeat it again?” she pretended not to hear what he said earlier.

“Please take care of our DongGeun hyung,” he repeated.

“Then… Who is going to take care of me?” she pouted.

“You!” he pointed at her.

“Yook SungJae!” she started to chase SungJae around the small waiting room. The others could not say anything as both of them were the youngest in Mystical and BtoB.

__________

 

“Coke or vitamin drink?” she placed two bottles in front of him.

“Shin SooAh!” he was shocked.

“Hahaha, your expression is so funny! Oppa, why are you so cute?” she could not stop laughing.

“Aigoo… This kid,” JunHyung smiled and ruffled her hair.

 

SooAh’s relationship with JunHyung went back to normal after those scandals that involved the both of them and JunHyung’s endless confessions. SooAh thought that she should no longer acted so cold towards JunHyung because honestly, he did nothing wrong. Her feelings and emotions were the ones playing with her all this while. She was still unclear why JunHyung and HaRa broke up but she did not bother to ask. It could not be only her the reason why they both broken up.

__________

 

She was alone at the company’s rooftop taking some pictures. Due to Shin2 never-ending promotions, she stopped all her photography and art activities for months. While she was checking the pictures that she took, she noticed that there was one man standing near the exit door in the first few pictures she took. She zoomed in the picture and realized that it was JunHyung. She looked at the exit door and saw JunHyung was still standing there.

 

“Oppa, what are you doing there?” she asked.

“I’m lost…” he approached her.

“Are you sure that you are lost? You’ve been in this company longer than me,” she passed him a bottle of coke.

“I don’t recall you drinking coke,” he took the coke bottle from her.

“I thought of giving it to you later. If you don’t want it, you can give it back to me. I’ll give it to someone else,” she said coolly.

“So… Why are you here? Don’t you have any schedule or practice today?” she asked.

“I miss you!” he wanted to hug her.

“Oh… Stay away from me. I don’t want to get involve in another scandal with you again!” she pushed him away.

__________

 

They spent their time talking to each other. SooAh update him about her schedules and he complaint to her about how his life was boring without her in the company’s building.

 

“How can you blame me? You already have a boring life in the first place,” SooAh stuck out her tongue.

“Aigoo…” he sighed.

“SooAh, I have a serious matter to tell you,” he looked straight into her eyes.

“What is it? Are you sick Oppa?” she was worried.

“Worse than that…” he said.

“You are joking right? You look so fine to me!” she smiled at him.

“I have a problem with my heart… The only antidote that can cure this heart problem is you,” he touched his chest.

“Eww… Enough of those cheesy statements. I get what you mean so get straight to the point,” SooAh said bluntly.

“Would you be my girlfriend?” JunHyung proposed.

 

SooAh was taken aback. She did not know how to reply JunHyung. She wanted to say yes but she would be in trouble if CEO Hong catches her dating. CEO Hong had ever mentioned that she would receive incentive trainings if she gets involved in another scandal with JunHyung ever again.

 

“Oppa… How long did you wait for me at the exit door earlier?” she decided to change the topic a little before getting to the main point.

“About an hour or more,” he looked at his watch.

“Will you be able to wait for my reply like how you waited for me earlier?” she asked.

“You will reply me an hour later?” he looked confused.

“No… I’ll reply you 5 years later,” she replied.

“Why?” he questioned her.

“You should know without me telling you,” she smiled at him.

“I understand. Well, I’m not sure if I can wait for your reply for 5 years. It all depends on my heart,” he winked at her.

“Oppa! Neo Jinjja Nappeun namja!” she hit him on the stomach and ran away with her camera bag.