Short Story 8

Bad Man (Sequel: Dream Girl)

 

“SooAh, what are you doing here all by yourself? Where are MinAh and ChaeRin?” someone approached her.

“You don’t have to know,” she replied to him coldly.

“Here, have my jacket. It’s really cold,” he offered his jacket to him.

“You don’t have to be nice to me after what you have done!” she threw his jacket on the ground.

“What’s wrong with you?” he was shocked by her actions.

“You have no right to ask me any question!” she shouted at him.

 

She stood up and left him. She almost break down but she stayed strong. He chased after her and gave her a back hug. She could not hold on to her tears and began to cry. He made her faced him so that she could rest on his chest.

 

“Nappeun namja!” she began to hit his chest.

“Neo Nappeun namja!” she hit him a little harder.

“Neo Jinjja Nappeun namja!” she continued to hit him without stopping.

__________

 

MinAh and ChaeRin were still searching for their missing little maknae. ChaeRin would not forgive herself if something bad happened to the maknae. MinAh called the other Cube family to ask about SooAh’s whereabouts but she received a lot of disappointing answers. Most of them did not know where SooAh was and some did not even bother picking up her calls. They were busy practicing maybe.

 

“Let’s go home,” ChaeRin approached the tired leader.

“Why? We need to find SooAh!” the leader disagreed to ChaeRin’s idea.

“JunHyung Oppa just called. He found her at a playground near our dorm. I don’t know how she made herself invisible when we were there earlier,” ChaeRin seemed to understand the maknae a lot.

“JunHyung Oppa will send her home later. Let’s go home. You look so pale already,” ChaeRin supported the weak leader and they both headed back to their dorm.

__________

 

“SooAh, do you have anything to share with me?” he asked. SooAh stayed quiet.

“Do you mind if I share my problems with you? I’m too used in sharing my problems with only you,” JunHyung smiled at her.

“I used to have a friend that behaves the same way as you. He was all cool and easy-going. He loves to play tricks on me and we often hang out together. It was fun to be with him each day. However, he began to change his attitude towards me. That chingu started to be cold towards me without me knowing the reason. I tried talking to him but I got ignored,” he began his story.

“I was really shock when I found out that my friend was jealous of my relationship with a girl. I thought he liked the girl but you know what… He actually liked me,” he continued. SooAh began to show interest in JunHyung’s story.

“Is he gay?” SooAh asked bluntly.

“No… He just could not accept the fact that I got a girlfriend and did not spend my time with him like how I used to. But you see, he should share his problems with me rather than keeping it to himself and got hurt. He did a lot of wrist slashing because he was so jealous,” JunHyung informed her.

“Is he stupid or what?” SooAh talked to herself. She was really blunt.

“What did you say?” JunHyung leaned his face closer to her.

“Eh… Nothing… Do you still keep in touch with him?” SooAh asked.

“Of course! It’ll be out 15th years of friendship tomorrow,” JunHyung told her proudly.

 

“Oh… You still haven’t share your problems with me,” SooAh reminded him.

“My problem… I thought that I would not have to face with any ignoring issues but it just happened recently,” he informed her.

 __________

 

“Your members ignored you?” she asked.

“Ani… A really special hoobae,” he looked down.

“Who is that hoobae?” she was curious.

“A hoobae that I really like so much. She have the same reason as my friend for ignoring me. Haiz… She should tell me that she likes me in the first place so that I wouldn’t be in a relationship with someone else. It hurts to see her in pain each day. I was so slow that I could not understand the reason why she ignored me. It was so sudden. I recently found out that she has feelings for me through drawings,” he took out a sketchbook from his bag. He carried it around with him each day.

“My missing sketchbook!?” she hugged it.

“Oppa… You have to answer me honestly… Am I the reason why you break up?” she questioned him. JunHyung nodded.

“But there are other reasons for the break up too. Do you know that I began to like you as I work with you each day? I decided to date HaRa because you did not show any sign of liking me,” he explained.