Short Story 4

Bad Man (Sequel: Dream Girl)

 

He was told to stay away from his beloved hoobae. However, he could not because other than the two Mystical members, he too knew what SooAh likes and dislikes as they were really close. He knew SooAh too well that he wanted to stay by her side 24/7 to protect her from any harm.

 

“Oppa, please stay away from her,” CR reminded him each time they met.

__________

 

Everyone decided to rent bicycles to explore Jeju-do together as a family. SooAh decided to stay at the villa as she wanted to rest. ChaeRin wanted to accompany her but SooAh insisted that she wanted to be left alone and she would be fine by her own. Actually, she hated bicycles so much because she was involved in an accident while riding on it and almost died.

__________

 

“SooAh, what are you doing here alone?” he asked.

“Why didn’t you follow the rest?” he continued.

“Ah… I know the reason why,” he nodded as though he understood her situation.

 

SooAh got up with her sketchbook and decided to leave the villa. She went out to the beach which JunHyung just came back from. JunHyung chased after her and gave her a back hug. Instead of pushing him away, she let him be. She did not notice that her secretive sketchbook dropped on the sands. They were lucky enough that there were not many people over there as it was on the weekdays.

 

“Nappeun namja…” she began to cry.

“Neo Nappeun namja…” she continued.

“Oppa Jinjja Nappeun namja!” she began to shout.

“Yong JunHyung, neo Nappeun namja!” she continue shouting.

__________

 

JunHyung released the hug when she really cool down. She walked away and pretended that nothing had happened. She did not even look back at him. After SooAh left, JunHyung picked up SooAh’s secretive sketchbook. He decided to chase after her to return it to her. However, he gave it a second thought as he saw his portraits in every piece of paper in the sketchbook. There were notes and dates written on every drawing too.

 

“She likes me…” he thought.

“Pabo! JunHyung, why did you agree to date HaRa when SooAh and you like each other?!” he hit his forehead with his right hand. He finally understood why SooAh called him a “bad man” each time he was alone with her. He finally found out the reason why smiling SooAh became sensitive SooAh.

__________

 

SooAh had not went out of Mystical’s designated room after the incident at the beach. She was looking for her missing sketchbook in the room. It was a total mess in the room.

 

“Where is it?” she searched for it everywhere.

“It is impossible for it to go missing when I held onto it 24/7…” she kept talking to herself.

“Oh gosh!” she remembered that she brought it with her when she was outside.

__________

 

She went to the lost and found counter first as that place was always in her mind when she lost something. She then went to the reception counter and asked if anyone had found her sketchbook. She the searched for it everywhere in the villa including the beach. However, much to her disappointment, she found nothing.

 

“Someone must have found out about it…” she felt like crying but she stayed strong.

 

SooAh went back to Mystical’s room in the villa and stayed in there quietly.

__________

 

Everyone was back from their cycling trip before dinner time. They washed up before preparing for dinner. SooAh had already prepared the food and set up the table. She decided to attempt on setting up the fire. SooAh was not afraid of anything when it comes to cooking. She did not even care when her hand got burned.

 

CEO Hong and Roh Ji Hoon joined them for the BBQ party. They were a little late as there was a delay in their flight. CEO Hong decided to sit beside SooAh as he missed talking to her. He also wanted to check on his condition. He was glad that the girl was able to talk and smile again like how she used to be. However, when asked about the cause that made her changed, she remained quiet.