Short Story 9

Bad Man (Sequel: Dream Girl)

“What is this?” he entered his recording studio without permission.

“What?” JunHyung was annoyed.

“How dare you get SooAh involved in a scandal with you?!” he shouted at him.

“She just recovered and you…” he was frustrated.

“Hyung, you better explain to me everything!” YoSeob was really angry.

 

JunHyung had no choice but to tell YoSeob everything. He knew that YoSeob would pester him if he continues to stay silent. However, JunHyung did not say that both he and SooAh had feelings for each other as he wanted to protect SooAh’s pure image.

 

“I still don’t get it. If you were only talking to SooAh, why did you hug her in the first place?” YoSeob questioned him. JunHyung was taken aback at first but he managed to answer him.

“She was crying. Do you expect me to leave her crying alone at the playground late at night?” JunHyung asked YoSeob.

__________

 

“Why do I have to wear these?” she asked.

“It’s to protect you my dear. There are a lot of unhappy fans out there. They are all waiting to hurt you,” Rachel, Mystical’s manager, informed her.

“Unnie, why don’t you bring the car to the basement? I’ll meet you there,” SooAh was cool about it.

“Hurt me? Who they think they are…” she thought to herself.

 

SooAh had no reason to be scared of those lifeless fans because she thinks that fans have no rights to control their idols’ life.

__________

 

“CEO Hong wants to meet you in his office,” Rachel informed SooAh who was waiting for Peniel in the recording studio.

__________

 

She knocked the door and entered CEO Hong’s office quietly. She saw JunHyung who was already sitting in front of CEO Hong facing down. She knew she would get a good scolding from CEO Hong as she was banned to get involved in any scandal within a year from the day Mystical debut.

 

“Have a seat,” CEO Hong said in a serious tone.

“Mind telling me what happened?” he passed a newspaper to her.

“I’m sorry…” she apologized.

“I’ve always thought that you know what to do since you are the wisest person in this company. I was wrong… You are just like the other idols,” CEO Hong sighed.

“I’m sorry Papa Hong,” she continued apologizing and even kneeled down to ask for forgiveness.

 

CEO Hong could not bear to see his favourite idol kneeling down in front of him to ask for his forgiveness. He helped her up. JunHyung could not do anything but to watch the whole drama. He was then asked to leave as CEO Hong wanted to talk to SooAh personally.

__________

 

“I understand that everyone makes mistakes. Each idol has their ups and downs,” he told her.

“You used to be on the top with your unniedeul even before you debut as Mystical. Now, you are slowly going down because of yesterday’s scandal. It’s normal for every idol to get involved in a scandal but yours is really unexpected,” he continued.

“For the time being, I’ll have to cancel all your other schedules. MinAh or ChaeRin will replace you in the variety shows. You should focus on Shin2 debut album. I can’t wait to see Shin SooAh going up again,” he smiled at her.

“However, you are still ban from dating,” he reminded her.

“JunHyung Oppa and I aren’t dating though…” she said softly.

“He happened to walk passed the playground and saw me crying. If other male idol instead of JunHyung Oppa happened to be there, that male idol and I will be involve in a scandal too. The news will come out the same even if it is not JunHyung Oppa,” she explained.

“I’ll release a statement later. You are still going to focus on Shin2 debut,” he told her.

“Thank you Papa Hong!” she hugged him and went out with a smile.

__________

 

“SooAh, are you okay?” Peniel approached her.

“I am,” she smiled at him.

“Thank goodness that you are fine. Now, just forget about the news and start recording,” he held her hand.

“I don’t want to get involve in another scandal! Not with you especially!” she hit his hand.

“Shin SooAh!” he chased her till the recording studio. Peniel had always been SooAh’s happy antidote whenever she felt so down.

 

“I’m blessed to have a best friend like you!” she hugged Peniel.