Trip #4

Indifference

In Amber's head

"What happened to both of you? I thought that you both became friends." Luna was worrying about us.

"Nothing. We had some disagreement."

"She'll calm down anyway. It's gonna be like before. I saw some progress yesterday, she helped you skate first."

"No, I don't think so." I scratched my head, looking down, avoiding Luna's eyes. "I've been terrible to her."

"You're bullying her again?" Her voice got up an octave.

"No. I kept her hangin' on." I knew that Luna didn't understand me, but she restrained herself from asking more questions.

"Cheer up Amber. It's sightseeing time. I don't want to be happy alone."

"There's still Sulli for that."

"Hmm about that. She's with Krystal right now. She'll come to you when the tour begin."

"Good then she's not alone." My tone was horribly flat. "I'm not in the mood."

"But tomorrow it's ski. You have to come. Please." She begged like she always did.

"Tomorrow" I took a deep breath. "Ok." In the end, she always win; she won't stop until she got what she  wanted.

"Hehehe. You're the best."

Our class walked with teachers and tour guide leading us. The villagers diligently put the snow aside every morning. So we didn't sttruggle going sightseeing. The weather was nice, the sun rised up ahead giving more warmth to the cold temperature. At some point, we were faced with a high stairs similar to an s line. It was pretty high judging from the first step. As Sulli's partner, I had to hold her hand and help her when she almost slipped. As far as I knew, Krystal was Luna's partner, I was a little bit worried. The more step I took the more exhausted I was; I felt like it never ended.

"Sulli. Where are we going anyway?"

"Look, it's a temple." She pointed.

It was a simple temple; the roof was obviously covered by snow. The typical korean architecture, a little bit influenced by chinese culture. I looked around, the landscape was unbelievable. The mountains around us touched the clouds.

"This is superbe... Amber look. There's a monk. He's approaching us."

"You. Young girl" As he was pointing at me. Never in a history of my life, a stranger knew my gender in the first meeting. Sulli was as surprised as I was. "Love or life. You can't have both. You must choose one.."

"Huh?" It didn't make any sense. Sulli and I glanced at each other.

"Remember that." He walked away. That was the weirdest thing anyone had ever said about me.

"Amber, don't worry. He might be wrong." Sulli consoled me, hugging me comfortably because of our similar height.

"How can i not be?" I sighed.