07

Later

Because the thing that you thought is the worst, might become the best one in your life.

 

*

 

I didn’t do anything. I just stare at him blankly asking why is he here through my face, hoping that he’ll understand only with my expression. I’m really not in the mood to talk.

 

 

Myungsoo only scratch his head and look the other way then said, “Don’t ask me why.” He stopped. “I just want to make sure you’re…” his voice become quieter at the end.

 

 

“I’m what?” I asked because he talked softly as if he’s whispering, but he didn’t answer me so I asked him again but I got silence, so I stare at him blankly & as I planned, he got annoyed.

 

 

“I just want to make sure you’re not crying anymore.” He said, still looking at the other way. Maybe he’s trying to avoid eye-contact with me? I look at him quietly, and think…nothing’s wrong if I try to be-friend him, right? Besides, I need somebody to just listen to me right now. Let’s just hope he’s going to be a good listener.

 

“Ya, Kim Myungsoo.” I called him, confused how should I address him, adding ‘-ssi’ is too formal, but to call him ‘Myungsoo-yah’…we’re not that close too.

 

He looked at me confusedly, I look at him and look at the swing besides the one that I sat on. Telling him to sit there with my gesture, and he really walk there & sit beside me. “What?” he looked at me, back to his arrogant self, what in the world he really is? “I want to ask you something.” He said first & look straight, avoiding my eye contact again.

 

“What?” now it’s my turn to look at him curiously. He looks like he’s in a deep thought, I wonder what is he thinking about. Anyway, to look at him this close from beside…he’s kinda look good too. Eish, what are you thinking, Suzy! Why should I think about him.

 

Annoyed with my own thought I shook my head and look the other way too, “What did Taecyeon hyung do to you?” his words made me frozen without any reason, the name ‘Taecyeon’ got too much effect for me. Why did he ask about Taecyeon oppa?

 

“Nothing.” I try to keep my voice as cool as possible. But I think he knew I’m lying, because I could see from the side of my eyes that he’s rolling his eyes. “What did you want to ask me that time?” I asked him back, remembering the first time he talked to me. I was really pissed that time because he suddenly talked to me and said he would give me money for that. What the hell, Myungsoo?

 

 

“Ah..” he stopped, “that…” and he continued again. “Just forget it. It’s nothing, I will tell you someday.” He scratch the back of his head again. Now he made me really annoyed. “I’m sorry I was rude that day.” He –again—looks the other way. Why do you always avoid my contact?

 

“It’s okay.” Even if I was angry that time, no need to ask why did he try to offer me money. It’s a common-knowledge in our school that Myungsoo always tries to get anything with money. And as far as I can remember, I don’t think he’s been like this since he’s younger, he’s changed then, and with that I can tell that it’s not the real him to act that way.

 

“Why did you call me earlier?” he swings the swing back and forth, back and forth.

 

“It’s about Taecyeon oppa.” I smiled sadly and start to swing the swing too and I tell him what did I see the night I collapsed. “I was going to Taecyeon oppa’s house because I was pissed with my brother. I always go and sleep there everytime I had a fight with him or everytime you and your so-noisy-friends come to our house. I know it was late, but it’s fine because it’s safe there. But when I was about to reach his house I saw him with a girl, I don’t know what they were doing, and I’ve never thought he would have a girl to come to his house at that late beside me. He didn’t like when girls are all over him so I don’t even think that he has a girl friend other than me. The fact that I saw him hugging a girl at night in his house made me broken down, I went to this park without knowing why do I feel betrayed, why do I feel he’s not faithful to me. I started crying with myself in this swing, and then out of nowhere you came out. Even if I know you’re just passing by or whatever, I feel a little bit better with the fact that someone is there with me, and even bother to ask me why. And when you teased me I felt a little bit dizzy, it feels like somebody was carrying me & spin me around. And when you grabbed my hands… I lost my consciousness.”

 

For the first time, I look at Myungsoo who -once again- seems like he’s in a deep thought. “So, you were sick because of him? Do you like him?” he asked. I thought he would interrupt and tease me or anything when I was telling the story, but he unexpectedly just remained silent and listen to every words I said.

 

 

I shook my head, “I don’t know.” he sighed after hearing my answer. “I think I am just scared that he’s finally found a girlfriend and by that I would have nobody to lean on if I got in to a fight with Woohyun oppa.”

 

 

He sighed again, “Suzy, how could you be such a fool?” what did he mean by that? I wanted to ask why but he didn’t look like he wanted to answer too, so I didn’t say anything and just looked at the ground.

 

 

Myungsoo suddenly grab his phone from his pocket and put it in front of my face, I looked at him with ‘What?’ face. “Your number.” He -for the several times-- look the other way. I’m not the type to give my phone number to anyone, maybe only Woohyun oppa & Taecyeon oppa who have my number, but I somehow just give him my number without much thinking.

 

“Here.” I give him his phone back and he called my phone.

 

 

“That’s my number. If you need some company when nor Taecyeon hyung or Woohyun hyung is not there. Just call me.” He’s getting up and showed me his palm, why would he do that? I look at him again with the same confusion face. He didn’t say anything and grabs my hand, making me stand up.

 

 

“Let’s go home, it’s evening already.” He releases my hand and stuck his on his jacket. I smiled a little which made him shock a little bit. Maybe… just maybe… he can be a good friend of mine.

 

*

Yo! I change the P.O.V to Suzy's kkk hope it'd be okay with you guys ^^

thanks for subscribe, for readingm and everything!

Yorobun fighting!