Twenty-Three

Ready to Hurt [EDITING... Sort of]

“Where do you want to go?”

“Anywhere it’s okay if I go with you.”

“I told you I want to know you better, idiot. Just tell me.”

“Beach, maybe.”

“Okay, we’re going to the beach this weekend. Let’s meet up at the nearer station from your house.”

I replay my conversation with Daehyun on my mind and it is only making me smile goofily. It’s Saturday and it’s the day. I would like to jump happily as I blabber in front of Mom, tell her everything what happened with us, but I can’t. Mom gets back to her work as usual, but not with her mind. She looks skinnier with black mark under her puffy eyes. She’s in the worst state I’ve ever seen. Dad? Forget about him. He spends his holiday time out there. He goes out in the noon and is back to home in the morning. I feel somewhat used to this kind of ing situation recently. Okay, let’s just think about Daehyun if I don’t want to make myself more piss off in this early morning.

“Are you going to have a date with Daehyun today?” Jongin enters my room, makes a gesture with ‘date’ word with his hand.

“Yes, my lovely dear Jongin,” I answer as I scan my closet, trying to find my best outfit. It is still seven in the morning when I make an appointment to meet with Daehyun at three in the afternoon. Is it too early to prepare? Ah I don’t care, I’m just too excited.

I end up using creamy skinny jeans and yellow sleeveless shirt with flower accent. I fasten my wavy hair and wear brown casual shoes without lace and place my purse on the left shoulder. I notice the figure of Daehyun after waiting him for awhile in front of the station. He always succeeds making me dumbfounded just by seeing his perfect figure. He wears casual outfit as well.

“Why are you late?” I pout. How I love to pout a lotin front of him.

“I’m not late. It’s just you who come to here so early,” he shows me his wrist watch as I grin at nothing in particular.

After taking an hour trip, we arrived at the beach. I don’t know where I am, because this is the first time I see this beautiful beach. It is not too crowded here. There are sedge grasses in the shore that makes the beach looks more beautiful. The sky is so bright and it shows off the cirrus cloud, one of my favorite clouds.

The breeze caresses my cheeks as we walk in the shore slowly, enjoying our time together. Who knows it is my first and last to have a date with Daehyun, or maybe it is just the beginning of our love story. I am blushing by myself.

“So, who’s gonna being rescued first if we both is drowning in the sea?” Yes, both, it’s me and Jiyeon. Even if Jiyeon has already rejected Daehyun in the very first place, I’m totally sure Daehyun never makes any plane to give up easily. It is not like I want to ruin our time together, I'm just curious.

“Of course, it’s Jiyeon,” Daehyun answers convincingly.

“Yah! At least you have to act like you’re thinking of it hardly before you answered!” I smack his arm harshly.

“I know you already knew the answer. Aissh your strength is abnormal for a little girl like you,” Daehyun rubs his arms when I grin at him as I make peace sign with my fingers.

“Are you just mad because I’m too fast to answer? Not because I choose Jiyeon as the answer?”

I just nod at his question as I smile. He is true. I know Jiyeon is still in there, in the bottom of his heart. But someday I’ll make sure for him, he’ll choose me over Jiyeon. He says he wants to know me better. Does it mean he is trying to open his heart for me, doesn’t it? Yes, I know he is trying now.

He chuckles now as he runs his fingers through my hair and ruffled it. I give him a look.

“Don’t ask me why, I’m just happy,” he says as he smiles. Oh my gosh, yes he smiles at me with his puffy cheeks! God, save me, I’m out of breath! I’m fangirling inside.

We talk everything about our-self. He asks and I answer. I ask and he answers. He teases me and I blush. I and he smacks my head. I make some jokes and we laugh together. I ask him to buy me an ice cream and yet he refuses it. I cry like a little baby and earn the people’s attention around and yes finally he buy me an ice cream.

The sky is orange colored when we sit on the sand side by side, the sun is going to its bed. It is beautiful sunset ever because Daehyun iss there, seeing the sunset with me. It is silent, a peaceful one, when Daehyun’s phone is ringing.

“Yes, Jiyeon. It’s me,” he answers the call. The call is pretty obvious from Jiyeon. I don’t have any courage to tilt my head and see his face. I know he is smiling right there when he sees Jiyeon’s name on his phone screen and it just hurts me.

“What happened?” his voice changes. “Okay, I’ll be there.” And then he hangs up the phone as he stands up quickly.

“Something happened, we have to go now.”

“But Daehyun, the sun is still there, it haven’t set thoroughly yet,” I say innocently.

“Come on, Eunmi. We have to hurry.”

“You can go first. I’m going to wait the sunset thoroughly,” I smile at him. “You have to be there as soon as possible right? Then you have to hurry,” I shoo him.

“Okay then,” he spins his body and leaves me behind. I see the figure of his back disappearing as I fold my legs, embrace it and rest my chin on my knees, waiting for the sunset by myself. Maybe he is really in hurry and forget to bid a goodbye for me. I wish nothing really bad happened with Jiyeon.


OMG 1 UPVOTER AGAIN!!! BIG THANKS TO MY LOVELY READER Hannah93 /cyber hug/ I don't put too much hope with this story but hey, I've got this bunch of support from all of you, thank you thank you thank you omg my eyes is teary guys ;-;

How's about this chapter? The drama is just begin kkkkkkk~~~ Feedback is really welcome, come on silent reader pls come out from your hideout I'm pleading._. I LOVE YOU ALL >3< Chuuuuuu~~~