Chapter 46

Ready to Hurt [EDITING... Sort of]

“Yah! Where have you been?” it was Jongin. I just arrived home awhile ago and he greeted me with his shout.

“Searching for some fresh air, you know what this home is like right,” I answered carelessly.

“At least, don’t turn off your phone! Why are you so often making me worried these days?” he hissed.

“I’m not— , I forgot.”

I ran upstairs as I heard Jongin called me to stay but I ignored it. I searched for my phone inside my bag. I pressed the power button and it hasn’t showed any sign. The screen was just blank like the last time I tried to turn it on.

I walked downstairs with my phone on my hand.

“Look, it’s broken. I’m sorry, okay?” I said with my flat face. My mind was too random to explain. I have no will to argue him.

“Eunmi, what’s wrong?” his voice heard softer.

“You know everything is wrong, Jongin. Don’t ask me what is so wrong because you know the answer.”

“What I mean is not about Mom and Dad.”

“Ah, whatever. I’m sleepy,” I left Jongin and walked upstairs. “Good night!” I waved my hand as I yawned.

“If it’s about Daehyun, I won’t stay still.”

What was that? I stopped my pace in the middle of the stairs and faced him.

“I know it’s about him. Just wait and see then.”

“Jongin, don’t do something stupid,” I warned him.

“Just sleep,” he made a gesture. What the hell is he thinking about?

 

“Yah, wait for me!”

It was Daehyun. He shouted at me and Youngjae who walked first to the bus stop as he ran to catch up our pace. Why is he so tardy? Yes, we were going to Youngjae’s house to do our project. Since Mrs. Hwang just gave us a week, we have to hurry.

“Yah, where have you been?” Youngjae scolded.

Daehyun held his knees as he gasped. I and Youngjae stopped our pace and faced him.

“Don’t tell me it’s because Jiyeon,” Youngjae placed his hands on his hips, looked annoy.

We waited for Daehyun almost half an hour at the front gate but he didn’t make any appearance until we decided to go to Youngjae’s house by ourselves and then he popped out from nowhere all of sudden.

“I’m sorry. I just helped her with her stuffs.”

Whatever, Jung Daehyun. Whatever! I mentally exclaimed as I continued my pace to reach the bus stop.

“Whatever,” Youngjae sounded my mind and I just smirked when I heard that. They walked side by side behind me. The bus hasn’t arrived yet and I settled down my on the bench at the bus stop.

“Why are you not bringing your car? So, we shouldn’t take the bus. Didn’t Jiyeon ask you to pick her up?” I saw Daehyun nudges Youngjae lightly when Youngjae asked him that question as he murmured something I couldn’t hear. They stood up in front of me and talked like gossip girls, laughed here and there.

“That’s the bus!” I rushed inside the bus first. Unfortunately I saw no empty seat and just stood up with my hand held the handle that hung on the bus’ ceiling. There was a student girl on my left with the same uniform and I saw Daehyun in the corner of my eye on my right side. Yes, Daehyun stood up between me and Youngjae. Why it has to be him not Youngjae?

“Eunmi, why can’t I call you last night?” Youngjae asked me.

“My phone is broken,” I answered shortly, not tried to make the conversation longer. You know it was kinda awkward since Daehyun was there, blocked me with Youngjae and I have to look at him too when I talked to Youngjae and not to mention, I haven’t made any word to Daehyun since I thanked him at the nurse room.

“How could it be?” Youngjae asked me. Again. Aissh, this guy! I acted like I didn’t catch his words and just looked out the window without answer.

“Eunmi, how could it be?”

Aissh! Yoo Youngjae!

“It’s just… You know when I stumbled and you helped me to get up in the class. My phone thrown away and yes it’s broken now.”

I saw Youngjae nodded his head repeatedly there. I took a glance at Daehyun before I turned back my head and ! He caught it. He caught me took a glance at him. You know how it feels like when your ex-crush stood right next to you and you both made a skinship without any purpose and you didn’t know what to do.

I looked out the window, tried my best to ignore a guy who stood right next to me. One second… two seconds… Three seconds… I saw Daehyun in the corner of eye, again, turned his head towards me. What the hell was he trying to do? He looked at me. Yes, I told you, He. Looked. At. Me. And I didn’t know why.

I gave up and I turned my head to his side. “What?” I shot a glare at him.

He showed me a tiny smile and he said, “So, this is what you feel for three years.”


Updated T-------T I’m sorry for my super late update, since there is an event at my campus yesterday and it took a week to prepare for it and it finished almost in the midnight and I’m tired but I still want to update but I lack of idea /take a breath/ oh btw, about EXO's suho, he makes appeareance on the prev chappter as cameo. So yeah, he just made some words for Eunmi to think about. I’m sorry for not replying your comments this time dear, I’m sorry. But don’t worry, I read all of them one by one and I never get bored to say thank you to y’all :’’’’) and especially to bigdogs who upvoted my story, thank you <3 So, how’s this chapter going? I’m sorry for blabbering and see ya on the next chapter. Buh byeeee. Chuuuuuuu~