Chapter 29

We've been swapped!

Stray kids entered the van, Bangchan making sure they were complete by head counting.

"Our promotions will end soon" Jisung beamed as he stretched his arms. Hyunjin cheered with him, as the others chuckled. "I wanna go on a vacation," the youngest said, making his hyungs agree.

"Where do you guys wanna go?" Chan asked. "I want to go somewhere not that far. But a trip to a different country sounds nice too" Changbin suggested.

"Let's go to Australia!" Felix beamed at the thought of going to his home country. "Oh! That sounds nice" Minho said. "Manager-nim, I'll be expecting that" Minho joked making the youngers laugh.

After a few chatters and waves of laughter, everyone except Felix eventually fell asleep, either on their own or each other's arms. "Felix, aren't you sleepy?" their manager asked. "I'm not Hyung" Felix replied with a smile. Stray kids and their Manager have a very cute bond. It's obvious they were close and it's such a blessing to have that kind of relationship.

Chaewon

It's a day off for us, Izone. We are almost done with the promotions and barely have any schedule now. It's mostly just practice and lives now.

We were all scattered around the dorm, having our worlds. I'm with Chaeyeon and Nako in the living room, watching random shows. Until notification from my phone dinged loudly.

Felix

Hey
What are you doing?

A smile crept in my face, seeing his message. We talked as I watched the show and he does his own thing. Ever since we met Jisung's friend, he became somewhat more protective of me, always messaging me now and then.

I would be lying if I said I'm not confused and curious as to why he was acting like that. It could be just, his promotions are about to end, but my guts said it's something related to Quinnie.

Felix
H

ey
What are you doing?

Nothing really
why?:)

Before she could even see the boy's reply, she was called by one of the members to do their scheduled chores.

Felix on the other side patiently waited for her reply. Knowing both have their own private lives, he respected it. He waited with a smile.

--

"And what type of air did you inhale for you to be like this?" Changbin asked the lying sick Felix on his bed. "I did nothing" he sighed. He still had his phone in his hand, waiting for the girl's reply. "Take a rest! Just go to sleep" Changbin said. "I can't.." He said, covering himself with the blankets. "And why is that?" The elder asked.

The younger didn't answer and just kept quiet. "Look, just get that thought, whatever it is, just get it off your mind and sleep. Give me your phone" Changbin handed out his hand, waiting for the younger to give his phone to him. They would be lying if they deny this isn't the first time Felix had become this stubborn. But it surely is a first that they don't know the reason behind his stubbornness.

With the ongoing problems and struggles they are facing, they can't help but think that if one of them is down or not in a good mood, it's something related to it. "I'm fine Hyung don't worry," Felix reassured with a soft smile.

For an unknown reason, Felix caught a fever once they got home. It was completely out of nowhere. "You know how when ghosts appear in mv's and that means it will be a hit?" I.N started, the hyungs all ears to him. "Maybe this is also a sign that everything would go well now" he said with full hope. They hoped things would go well now. "Let's think of it that way" Bangchan smiled at them. They gathered in the living room, tired from the schedule they just finished.

Not too long Changbin came back to the living room, looking more tired than he already was. "You good?" Minho asked. "Yeah. Felix was a bit stubborn as usual. But for an unknown reason" The younger replied. "He kept holding onto his phone, maybe something related to that" Seungmin butted in. "Did he see something? And is stressing out because of it?" Jisung asked.

"Guys listen. There is no problem. Just the same old Felix, right? Maybe it's related to Chaewon, maybe they're talking or something. Just give him time." Bangchan said. "Everyone just rests up, he would be fine don't worry too much"

With Bangchan's word, each one of them moved on their own will. They scattered around the dorm, doing their things.

Felix

I'm low-key worried for her. I know she's with her members and probably her manager, but I can't help but get worried. It's been hours and there's still no reply. Usually, her schedules would end faster than mine, and by that, she would reply to my messages. It just seems off or weird that no reply from her yet.

She's fine. If I keep thinking about something bad, nothing is gonna work, it won't make it better. She's fine, she's in good and safe hands.

Letting out a sigh, he checked his phone one last time before putting it away and tucked himself under the soft blankets.

Just as he was just about to fall asleep, his phone rang making him jump on his bed. Immediately regretting it as a wave of dizziness filled his head. "" He cursed, holding onto his head. Still, he answered the phone,

"Hel-"

"I'm sorry I didn't reply! I was just Uhm. I was called earlier then after that, we decided to do a vlive and so we did. And, I was not busy but I still didn't reply I'm very sorry"

Felix can't help but smile hearing the girl stumble on her words. "Chaewon, sweetheart. It's fine. Honestly, I was worried but I decided to shake it off because I know you'll be safe. You don't have to be sorry though, your life isn't mine and you have the rights to reply to me or not" He explains.

"Felix...you're the best. But why is your voice a bit dull? or something, are you sick?"

"Yeah actually. I don't know why and how" he said.

"Are you okay? Have you taken any medicines?"

"I'm alive so I'm fine and I haven't taken anything yet," He said, chuckling.

"And why Is that?"

"I want you to take care of me. Feed me and give me medicine. Actually no you are my medicine"

There was a silence after he talked and he knew damn well she was probably shouting silently. With a small smirk on his face, he waited for the girl to reply.

"I sometimes hate you"

"But mostly love me, we know"

"I guess I'm sneaking into your dorm" she sighed before handing up.

He checked, putting his phone away. This time he decided to finally take care of himself knowing Chaewon is coming.
His flirty never fails to give the girl butterflies