Chapter 36

We've been swapped!

Loud footsteps echoed through the hallways of Quinnie's building. A few shouts and grunts followed. A confused and bothered expression was plastered on her face, as she looked around while on her chair. "what is that?" She stood up, her blue flower dress dancing prettily at her move. She looked so innocent yet her eyes screams danger.

"Felix..-" Before her minion even could finish his sentence, She shot a glare at him. Strong enough to make a dog whimper. "are you ing stupid? why would Felix go here, and I have tons of troops protecting my base" She gritted her teeth, hands balled into a fist. It wasn't noticeable, but she was anxious. She had multiple men assigned to Stalk Felix, 2 of them reported they have seen 2 adult figures. A male and a female. An image was taken and showed to her, and to Quinnie's despair, it was Felix's parents. Would he tell them what's happening? What about Chaewon? They might approve their relaionship and it would be harder to break them apart. What would his father do, and most importantly. What would HER father do?

Her greatest fear was her own father. A word from his mouth is enough to make Quinnie quiet for the day. His father owns a company, and was the reason Quinnie started to have this princess life of hers. Everyone calls her Miss Dior. She had that classy and elegant lifestyle girls wanted, and these were enough to cover her true self, her devil self. The company was already in a great state, and is rising steadily still. Sales we're rising, which Quinnie thought was a good idea to make a move. She thinks money is everything, and if something goes wrong, she could easily bargain people with money.

Things we're going easily but she may have forgotten something. Weakness. She was all about her strengths and never though of her weakness. It is true she got tons of strengths. Extremely strong ones. But everything has its negative side. "What are the guards doing? the Cctv team? The reception? What are all these people doing and why did no one report anything to me?" She reached for the phone and dialed the other teams, but none answered. Some were even out of service. Was she being attacked? No, She chose not to believe it. She went out of the room, and just in time she did, the lights went red and horns blared all around the bulding. "Ma'am we should evacuate" She was right, they were being attacked.

Her men escorte her, all of them holdin a pistol. She remained alert as she walked, her troops surrounding her. Her steps were heavy, and so is her mind. She bumped into one of the pots as they turned left without realizing, making a loud noise. The men were quick to point there pistol to where the sound came from, but no sign of enemy so they went back to their business immediately. Changmin, one of the men and Quinnie's closest friend walked up to her. "I know there's a lot in your mind, but think straight if you dont want to die" He said, holding her arm quite tight as he looked at her with a serious expression. He's the only person who can do this. "I am not gonna let you die. In fact, you're not gonna die in my arms. I don't want to see you die" His voice was serious but warm. He let go of her arm and continued to guard her from behind.

The room infront of them busted open, a few men went out. All in suits, pistols on their hands too. Quinnie looked at the logo on their sleeves, and she knew she lost the game. Black leather shoes stepped out of the room. Each step making a satisfying sound. Silver, shining watch on his wrist. Different thick rings on the right hand. A nice Navy blue blazer and perfectly tucked in White shirt. Healthy shiny hair was slicked back, and a scar by his mouth that was smiling.

"Minji"

--

"isn't it spicy?" Felix asked Han who was eating fire noodles. It was a brand he hasn't tried yet, so he was not familiar with its spice level. Han's mouth was full so he answered by nodding his head no and pushing the cup towards him. Felix took a quick taste and immediately sighed due to its spiciness. He covered his mouth, eyes closed as he tried his best to chew and eat it.

"don't push yourself too much bro" Bangchan came chuckling, handling him a cup of ice cream. A faint laugh from Hyunjin is heard from the back as the three of then watch Felix eat in despair. It was Winter season and will be Christmas in a few days. Winter schedules just finished, and they now have their break! They decided to spend it with thwir fellow members and a few friends in the industry before they spend it with their parents.

"about our winter vacation. I have a small idea" Bangchan started, sitting down at the couch. Everyone soon came and sat at their own spots around the living room. "It may be a little hassle to some, but I think it will be nice. Let's invite our parents somewhere and let's all celebrate it together. the day before Christmas Eve" He stated. "so are we gonna meet our parents then meet up at a certain place?" Seungmin asked curiously, getting interested at the idea. "or! we can all wait at the place together, then wait for our parents. Our parents know eachother and will be able to recognize eachother" Changbin suggested.

"I like that" I.N said, pointing at Changbin. Most of them agrees. It feels more heartwarming and exciting to see their parents arrive one by one. Or who knows, maybe their parents would decide to meet up and go together at the said place. In no time, everyone started to share their opinion and thoughts about the idea, expressing their excitement.

"how about you and Chaewon?" Bangchan whispered to Felix. He stopped from chuckling but a smile remained. "we decided to have a date, on Christmas eve. Mom and Dad already know about it. Morning is Chaewon time and Afternoon onwards is Family time" He briefly answered. Chan was more than happy to see genuine happiness and comfort on the younger's eyes. He placed a hand on his shoudler, gently squeezing them. "I'm happy for you Felix  I really am." He softly said. It hit Felix deeply, making his smile grew even wilder. "Thank you for being here, Hyung"

It hit differently. Felix was more than thankful for having Bangchan by his side. To have a brother by his side. Words aren't enough to express them. It was him who brought them to serious issues and problems so he was seriously guilty and devastated about it. He was prepared for the hate he will receive. But Bangchan stayed the same and supported him all through the way. The other members did too, but none of then compared to Bangchan. He felt like a true brother. From the moment he was still a trainee, even now that theyre in the same group. He couldn't ask for more, Bangchan was just perfect. "I love you man" He said, making Chan chuckle, "i love you too" He ruffled the younger's hair. Their warm moment was immediately cutted off when Changbin and Hyunjin's shouting voice can be heard. It wasn't something serious, just a typical day at Straykids' dorm.

--

Felix was waiting in the private room he rented. Instead of picking up Chaewon, it would be safer to meet up at the restaurant instead. As much as he wanted to enjoy the morning sunlight, he chose the room without windows and soundproof walls. The door has no designs as well, just thick wooden door. The interior was still pretty enough to lighten up and ease the somewhat tense atmosphere due to the closed and protected design. The door opened which first reveal the Waiter, then Chaewon who was wearing a pretty dress. Before entereing the rooms, there was a hallway which was hidden enough so Chaewon took off her disguise there.

He was in awe. Jaw literally drolpped at the sight of Chaewon. "I could see a fly flying in there" She smiled, as the waiter left the room. "you're just.. so beautiful" He smiled back and walked towards her. "and you're handsome like always. Just extra handsome today" She said before they exchange a sweet kiss and warm embrace to eachother.

"No chair pulling for now. The seat us big enough to fit two people. Plus I think it's better to sit beside eachother rather than across eachother" He said, leading her to the chair. The room he chose was actually originally for meetings or company dinners. It was surely big for 2 people. Chaewon couldn't help but chuckle. She wouldn't lie though, she did like the idea of being beside eachother.

It's what they have done. There may be scenarios where they left the other's side, but eventually they found themselves finding the warmth of eachother. They're a strong couple, based on Bangchan's words. They are perfect for eachother, said Eunbi. They may have a lot of differences but that's what makes them strong. Think of it as a puzzle. One has an extra cardboard sticking out, while the other is missing a cardboard making a space. If you look at them, theyre both different pieces. But they fit eachother perfectly for they compliment other's weakness and strength. One has an extra cardboard to fill the missing space. One has a perfect hole for the extra cardboard to have shelter.

Chaewon and Felix may still have gaps, but they accept and understand eachother, and they will continue to do so. For the sake of their relationship and respect for eachother. And most importantly, because they love eachother.