Chapter 1 - We Meet Again

Full Bloom (Hakumokuren Ga Saita Nara)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Spring, 2012 . Three Years Ago

The white magnolias was beginning to fall. The scenery was so pretty. But the girl in front of him was prettier than any flower in the whole world. The moonlight made her shines among the fallen flowers. That’s what Kim Jongin thought. He was going to tell her that he likes her. The girl that stole his heart from the first time he met her when the white magnolias was in a full bloom.

“I like you.” He said.

The girl looked at him, shocked. Her hair swayed becuase of the gentle wind. “Will you go out with me, Baek?”  he asked.

The girl in front of him, the one he called ‘Baek’ suddenly run away from him. He didn’t know what he did wrong, but by the time he realized what happened, she’s already gone.

.

.

Winter, 2015. The present time.

“Should I really ask him?” the girl with blonde hair asked her bestfriend when she saw Jongin by the school gate.

“You should!” The bestfriend, the girl with the black hair, answered. “I mean, for that type of thing, you should hear it from the person himself!” She added.

The girl with blonde hair looked at Jongin with determination in her eyes. “JONGIN-SUNBAE” she yelled.

Jongin turned around when he heard someone called his name.

“Is the story about ‘Baek-sshi’ true?” she asked boldly. Her bestfriend looked so shocked with the sudden boldness of her. She didn’t think her bestfriend would really ask Kim Jongin right at that time.

Jongin raised his eyebrow, “Is what true?” he asked.

Suddenly Sehun came and put his left arm on Jongin’s shoulder. “She’s talking about you confessing to that girl you only knew for a few days.” He began. “Then she left at that without an answer, and you weren’t able to get ahold of her again but still didn’t give up.” Sehun pointing his chin to the blonde girl in front of them. “She’s asking if it’s true that you held onto your feelings for her for two years like an idiot.”

“That’s wrong.” Jongin said.

“It is?” Sehun asked while the girls looked at Jongin with hope in their eyes.

“It wasn’t two years. It’s three.” Jongin ansewered innocently.

Sehun slumped at Jongin answers. “Man, just give it up!” He said. “You don’t even know where she could be right now, right? You should think about it for a moment. You were totally rejected, you know?” Sehun explained to Jongin.

“That maybe true...” Jongin said. “But once I’ve made up my mind like this, it’s impossible to change the way I feel. Even now, I still love Baek!” He added with a soft look on his eyes.

The girls’ heart throb at his sentence. “Um...” Jongin looked at them. “It’d be nice if you could meet her again.” The one with the black hair said.

Jongin looked at them for a second before gave them his thousand watt smile, “Yeah.” He said. The girls went ‘oohss’ because the prince of purity just smiled at them. He broke their heart, but they can’t help but support him.

.

.

The bell rang.

Jongin stand up and was about to leave Sehun's class back to his class when Sehun said, “Who the heck is this Soojung that’s e-mailing me...?” Their class is just beside each other. So they usually hang out together.

“Was it that girl yesterday you spoke to at the bus stop?” he asked his besfriend.

“I’m pretty sure her name was Yuri.” Sehun answered. Well, it’s not that he’s bad at remembering names. It’s just that he went out with too much girl. Remembering their names one by one is hard.

Suddenly a girl said, “Sehun, you should learn from the prince.”

“What? You sound like a nagging old hag Luna.” Sehun answered.

“Who’re you to call me an old hag? You playboy.” Luna said, annoyed.

“You want to fight with me, you shortie?” he asked, not backing out. They bicker a lot that they didn’t realized that Jongin has already left.

Jongin was walking to the door when he saw Victoria and said, “Victoria-ssi, thank you for letting me borrow your seat.” She answer with a weak ‘sure things’.

Jongin was about to leave when someone called him. “Prince...” He turned around and saw Sunny and Yoona facing him. “Were you asked about ‘Baek’ again this morning?” Sunny asked.

He answered her with a weak “Yeah.” Giving her his best smile. He was asked about ‘Baek’ twice this morning that he can’t help but thinking about her. He wondered where it is that she went because ever since she’s been gone, he find himself thinking of only that. “She said ‘It’d be nice if you can meet her again’.” He still have his thousand watt smile on his lips.

“You still like her? Even now?” Yoona is the one who asked this question.

“Yeah, I love her.” He answered. They were doing ‘kyaah’ aegyo at his answers, but he just waved his hand and left Sehun’s classroom.

Jongin’s thought back to the girl that stole his heart years ago. Lately he has started thinking, ‘Baek, what are you doing right now?’. He is so caught up with his mind that he didn’t realized two people came to Sehun’s class. The last thing he saw is that a girl’s back and a long blonde hair. His eyes rounded at the sight. The girl looked like his ‘Baek’.

A voice broke Jongin from his reverie. “Kim Jongin!”

He turned around and saw Mrs. Yoon, his homeroom teacher, walking towards him.

“The bell just rang. Come inside the classroom. We will began our lesson.” She said.

“Yes, Ma’am.” He was about to turn around when he saw someone behind Mrs. Yoon back. That someone is so familiar. When he got to see that person face, his eyes rounded at the sight. He has the same face as his ‘Baek’.

“Jongin?” Mrs. Yoon asked.

“Seonsaengnim, this is...” he asked Mrs. Yoon while pointing his finger to the person behind her.

“Oh- this is the new transfer student that will be joining our class from now on...” she said.

“I’m Byun Baekhyun.” The boy said.

The boy has the same voice as his ‘Baek’. And even the same name. But no, he is not his ‘Baek’. His heart began to race.

“Excuse me... Do you happen to have a sister?” He asked the boy, Byun Baekhyun.

“That’s enough, Jongin. We have class.” Mrs. Yoon said. But the prince of this school didn’t even spare her a glance.

Sensing that the boy in front of him waiting for his answer, Baekhyun said “I have a twin sister.”

Twins, Jongin tought. “And her name is...”

Suddenly, he remembered the first time he met his ‘Baek’. They were in a park, in front of a swings. They sat on a horizontal bar and looking at the full bloom of white magnolias when Jongin asked her name.

“What’s your name?” He asked the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter