Chapter 6 – ‘Avoidance’

Full Bloom (Hakumokuren Ga Saita Nara)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sehun was walking along the corridor to go to the restroom when he saw the twins coming from the opposite direction. He was thinking how to avoid the twins, or Byun Baekhyun to be exact, when his eyes catch Baekhyun’s. He saw Baekhyun was about to wave at him so he turned his head to Luna who was passing by.

“Hey old hag, where are you going?” he asked while trying to walk beside her.

“None of your business Sehun.” She answered coldly.

“Right...” Sehun said but didn’t stop his steps. He still walked alongside Luna to wherever the girl is going right now.

Luna stopped on her track and turned to face Sehun, “What are you doing?” she asked, confused.

“Err... accompanying you?” Sehun asked, slowly. No, he din’t really mean accompanying Luna. He was just trying to avoid Byun Baekhyun at all cost. Actually, he has been avoiding Baekhyun since three days ago, when he realized how he felt about Baekhyun. He has been doing well, except today. Today he was always bump onto him wherever he goes, just like now. So when he saw Luna, he thank God that he has an escape.

Oh Sehun knew that he and Luna was rarely get along when they were in the same place, because they have different personality, yet he thought that being with Luna is better than facing Byun Baekhyun right at the moment. Because whenever Byun Baekhyun was near, he would feeling weird. He hated how Baekhyun has that effect on him.

Luna frowned at his answer. “You what?” she asked, not really sure she heard  him right.

“I’m going to accompany you to wherever you’re going right now.” Sehun said for the second time. His glanced at the direction where the twins were coming. When he realized that they were near, he pulled Luna’s hand and get her moving from there.

“Why?” Luna asked, confused by Sehun’s sudden behaviour. She knew Sehun so well. Oh Sehun was never the kind one in their friendship.

“Because I’m a good friend...” Sehun answered.

Luna stopped again for the second time. “Are you sick?” she asked. She put her free hand on Sehun’s forehead to feel his temperature.

“What? No!” Sehun answered while brushing off her hand from his forehead.

“Your temperature is normal.” She said, but then she narrowed her eyes at Sehun suspiciously. “What’s with you, really?” She asked annoyed.

“What’s wrong?” Baekhee asked, Sehun froze in his feet.

“Oh Sehun is weird. I thought he is sick but his temperature is normal.” Luna answered.

Sehun cursed at Luna in his head. What if Baekhyun thinks he is weird? Aiish, so what if Byun Baekhyun thinks I am weird? It doesn’t matter,  is what Sehun thought. He was trying to lie to himself. What he didn’t expect was Baekhyun –Baekhee in disguise– to put his right hand on his forehead to feel his temperature.

BA-THUMP

BA-THUMP

Sehun’s heart began to race. He felt butterflies flying around his stomach. He could feel his face heating.

“Your temperature is normal, but your face is so red. Do you feel dizzy? I think you should go to the infirmary.” Baekhee said softly. Sehun didn’t hear a thing, no, he couldn’t hear anything except his fast heartbeat. Was this what other people called love? If it was, then he is in love. Moreover he is in love with a guy. He was doomed, wasn’t he?

Baekhyun saw it all and he winced. He knew Sehun felt something for his twin sister. But to think that Sehun would fall for Baekhee in her boy form is amazing. What should he do? Should he warned Sehun not to come near his sister? But Sehun was doing that, wasn’t he? Baekhyun was so sure Sehun was walking towards them earlier, but when he saw them he suddenly turned to talk with Luna. Realization hit Baekhyun hard. Oh Sehun was in love with his sister. But he was still in denial because he thought that Baekhee was him. Oh Sehun is a playboy so he date girls. Sehun was sure about his uality that falling for her sister when she was in disguise was driving him insane. That was why he put some distance.

Oh boy, Baekhyun feels sorry for Sehun. He really is. But he can’t do anything about it. If Sehun knew their secret, Jongin would too. Baekhyun didn’t think this was the right time to tell Jongin. He wasn’t ready, or maybe he would never be ready. But sooner or later Jongin will find out about their secret. He just wished it to be later.

Sehun brushed Baekhee’s hand from his forehead with too much force it shocked her. “I’m not sick.” He said harshly before he turned to the direction where she came from. He didn’t mean to said it harshly, it just came out that way.

Baekhee looked taken aback with his answer, but she let it slide since she thought that Sehun was sick. “But your face is so red, Sehun.” She walked to Sehun fast, trying to catch up to Sehun’s long stride.

“It’s none of your business, Byun Baekhyun!” Sehun said again while continue to walk away. he knew he is in love with Baekhyun, but he still hasn’t used to those feeling so he just kind of brushed Baekhyun off of him.

Baekhee stopped in her track. She was not used to hear such cold tone directed to her, she felt hurt. She tried to stop her tears so that they won’t fall down her cheeks.

Baekhyun saw his sister expression and he explode. “What’s with that attitude of yours, Oh Sehun? My brother was just trying to be kind to you!” he was about to chase Sehun but Baekhee hold his hand. He looked at her and saw her shake her head no. Baekhyun just bite his lower lip to stop whatever words that trying to get out from his mouth. Oh Sehun, you jerk! You don’t deserve my sister at all, Baekhyun thought.

“Baekhyun-sshi, are you okay? Don’t worry about Sehun’s behaviour, he is just a brat!” Luna said, smiling to them.

Baekhee nodded. “It’s okay, maybe he was just in a bad mood.”

“Bad mood, my !” Baekhyun said, still angry at Sehun’s behaviour.

“It’s okay Baek. I’m okay.” Baekhee said, trying to calm her angry brother. Luna just gave them a small smile before she told them she needed to go. When Baekhee nodded at her, she went away, leaving a fuming Baekhyun and Baekhee who tried to calm him down.

.

.

Lunch time

Sehun was eating peacefully on his usual table when Jongin came with the twins in tow. Sehun was debating if he should run away now when Baekhee greeted him.

“Hi, Sehun!” Baekhee gave Sehun her best smile. Sehun just murmure a soft ‘mmm’ before he continue eating his food. He was trying to calm his racing heart. Damn, he thought he was going to be okay to have lunch together since they were eating and not talking, but he was dead wong. Tomorrow he will start to avoi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter