Chapter 2 - 'Baek'

Full Bloom (Hakumokuren Ga Saita Nara)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bus stopped. The students hurried to climbed down the bus.

“I wonder why Amber-sshi decided to switch to the third bus today.” The girl with a short brown hair said. She sighed.

“I know, right?” The girl with the black hair answered. She looked back at her friend before said, “Too bad we can’t see her..” she is to busy chit-chat with her friend that she didn’t look at where she was walking. Her left foot slipped. Her friend gasped at the sight. The girl with the black hair was about to fall when a pair of strong arms prevent her from falling first to the ground.

“You okay?” a girl with a long blonde hair asked.

BA-THUMP

The black hair girl’s heart began to race. The blonde girl in front of her was so charming she forgot to answer her question.

“Eunji-a, are you okay?” her friend, the one with the short brown hair, asked.

She came to her sense and anwered, “Yeah.” She looked at her savior and said, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Next time, be careful.” The girl with the blonde hair said, giving Eunji a smile. She then left Eunji and her friend alone. Eunji’s heart throb at that smile.

“I didn’t know we had someone like that at our school.” She looked at the blonde girl dazedly.

Naeun, the one with the brown hair, gasped. “Oh my gosh, that girl! She’s that ‘Baek’, you know!”

“ ‘Baek’ who?” Eunji asked, didn’t quite catch her friend’s sentence.

“Byun Baekhee, or we knew her as Jongin Sunbae’s ‘Baek’.”

Eunji’s eyes rounded at that. “No way...”

.

.

“I’m going to take these papers to the teacher’s room.” Baekhyun said to Baekhee who still busy removing her shoes in front of her locker.

“Want me to come with you?” She asked her twin brother.

“Nah. I’ll be fine.” He answered.

Suddenly the corridor became noisy. Everybody was looking for the girl that make their prince, Kim Jongin, fall in love with her while gossiping with their friends.

“Wich one? Wich one?” some girl asked.

“Look! That’s her.” The other answered, pointing her finger to Baekhee’s direction not so secretly.

Baekhee waved her twin brother a goodbye, thus make Baekhyun appeared in their sight.

“Huh?.. What the..., twins?” another one asked. “They have the same face.”

“And they are really pretty.” Another one joining.

They’re all shut up when Baekhee passed by them. She was about to climbed the stairs up to her class when a familiar voice called her name.

“Baek...”

She looked up only to find the school prince in the upper stair, looking at her.

“Good morning...” Jongin greet her. But all she did is ignoring the prince.

.

.

On the third bus.

The third bus is so full today. Sehun have to remind himself to breath. He looked around the bus but he couldn’t find his bestfriend.

“Why isn’t he on the third bus today?” Sehun asked himself. “Maybe he is taking a day off.” He tought to himself. Well one would think that way considering the incident yesterday.

“Isn’t the bus swaying more than usual?” a girl’s voice can be heard.

“Yeah... It’s making me feel sick.” The other answered.

Suddenly the bus took a sharp turn that make the girl swayed. She was about to fall when a pair of hands supported her from behind.

“Oops. Are you alright?” her savior asked.

“I’m so sorr-“ the girl can’t finish her sentence when she looked at her savior. Because her savior is none other than Amber, the cool boyish girl they admire so much. The girl face blushed at the closenees of their face.

“Your face... are you feeling a little sick?” Amber asked, holding the girl’s chin. The girl’s face reddened at the touch. “Huh? It’s gotten red.” She mumbled to herself. She looked around and her eyes met with her bestfriend, Sehun. “Sehun-ah, there’s something wrong with this girl. Give her your seat!”

Sehun looked at his other bestfriend, beside Jongin, and said “That’s... 90% your fault.”

“Nobody was asking for your opinion! Cut the attitude and hurry up and get up! You damn man!” Amber yelled at him. The girl went ‘aahs’ at her action. They can’t stop admiring the boyish girl.

Sehun just shook his head and get up. “I’m fine... but, why would you asked me specially when I’m sitting all the way back here?”

“Because you caught my eye, handsome.” Amber winked at Sehun.

“Wow, now I feel like a dog.” Sehun said. Amber just let his comment slide.

“Thank you.” The girl that Amber helped earlier said at his direction. Sehun just waved his hand and replied with a weak ‘sure thing’.

Sehun was standing beside Amber right now. “Hey Amber, it’s rare to see you on the third bus.”

“The second one got away from me right under my nose.” She replied. “By the way, what happened to Jongin? He always rides the third bus, right?” she asked.

“Right! I bet he’s taking a day off.” Sehun answered flatly.

Amber sighed. “Are you an idiot?” she asked.

Sehun looked at Amber with shocked expression all over his face. “An idiot? Me? Why?” he asked.

“Jongin will come to school today no matter what.” Amber smiled. Sehun just frowned at her answer since she refused to explain clearly.

.

.

Sehun just arrived at school when he heard everyone whispering with their friend about something that happened this morning before he came to school.

“Don’t you think Baekhee-sshi was a little cruel?” a girl asked her friend.

“She completely ignore Jongin just a while ago.”

“I feel sorry for Jongin.” Another girl said.

Sehun sighed. “Oh boy... maybe Jongin is wallowing in self pity right now.”, he thought. He was walking on the corridor near his class when he saw Jongin chatting happily with their friends, Joonmyeon and Minseok.

“Hah, he seems to be laughing just fine. He doesn’t look that pitiful to me.” Then their eyes meet.

“Good morning.” Jongin greet him.

“You came by the second bus today?” Sehun asked.

“Nope! The first bus.” Jongin answered.

“Huh? Why would you get up that early to get on the first bus?” he asked his bestfriend. The prince didn’t answer, make his mind full of question mark. When he is sure that Jongin won’t answer his question, he asked, “On top of that, you had a nice serving of Baekhee completely ignoring you, right?”

“Ah... yeah.” He answered simply.

“Don’t lose hope.” Joonmyeon aid, encouraging Jongin. Jongin just smiled at him.

Sehun sighed. “You really have a high tolerance for abuse.”

“Is that a compliment?” Jongin asked innocently.

“No! You idiot!” Sehun yelled. But when Jongin just looked at him calmly, he said “Just, take it however you want.”

What Sehun didn’t expect is to hear Jongin saying “I was relieved...” with relief expression clearly showed in his face.

“About being ignored?” Sehun asked, shocked. “Isn’t that supposed to be bad or something?” He didn’t understand his bestfriend at all now. Love is sure something, he tought.

Jongin smiled at him. “I mean, about it not being a dream.” Sehun looked at him, puzzled. “I haven’t been able to calm down all morning since I’ve come to school today.”

Jongin stared at nothing, his mind wander to a certain blode girl he saw this morning. I was unable to contain myself. Getting on the first bus in the morning because I wanted to see you, ‘Baek’. Jongin thought.

“So since I’m glad it wasn’t a dream, I just thought I’d have to give it my all.” Jongin added.

“Oh here he goes...” Joonmyeon thought.

“He really is a prince of purity.” Minseok talked to himself after hearing Jongin’s pure intention.

“There’s no helping this guy...” Sehun sighed.

“So, Jongin will taking the second bus starting tomorrow morning.” Minseok said with a cute smile forming in his lips.

“Huh? What for?” Sehun asked, puzzled. The answer came to his mind when he saw Jongin smile, “Ah...” Of course because Baekhee took the second bus. “Cissh, the prince is becoming one heck of a stalker....” He added. Minseok and Joonmyeon laughed at his remark.

.

.

Class 2-3. Jongin’s class.

Baekhee was chatting happily with her twin brother, Baekhyun, when a guy come to her and said, “Hey, Baekhee-sshi... It’d be great if later we-“

The guy can never finish his sentence

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter