Chapter LXXXIX

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I felt like a contestant in Masterchef waiting for the judges' decision when I met up with Jessica's friends (Tiffany, Woo Bin and Sunhwa) and her relatives (Mr. Mitoba and Mr. and Mrs. Seo) at Woo Bin's café a night after we returned to Seoul. My palms were sweating and I can't keep my legs still under the table while staring at them.

"Speak Yoona," Mr. Mitoba stated with a matching hand gesture.

I cleared my throat and took a deep breath to calm my nerves.

"Um...Mr. Mitoba, Mr. Seo, Mrs. Seo...everyone, will you let this girl in front of you to ask Jessica's hand in marriage?"

The six looked into each other's eyes and didn't say a word for quite a while. Finally, someone spoke and I'm glad that it was Jessica's guardian, Mr. Mitoba.

"Where are you planning to marry her?"

"In New York sir. On a date that she prefers."

"You still haven't asked her to marry you?"

"No, sir. I'm waiting for everyone's approval. Even if we're already at the right age to decide for ourselves, it still is important for me to ask everyone's opinion because Jessica is important to all of you."

When silence once again reigned my nervousness grew bigger. My heartbeat, the ticking of the clock, their breathing - I think I heard all of it. Cold sweat run down the side of my face while I waited for them to speak.

"I'm not against it," Mrs. Seo said while smiling at me. "You love her so much, Yoona. I've seen that and I could not ask for anyone else to be with her for the rest of her life other than you. My sons will say the same if they're here. Unluckily, they're still in their concert tour so they won't be able to tell you now how much they want you for their cousin."

"I agree with my wife. The two of you have been through a lot of difficulties but it only made your relationship stronger. Jessica went missing and when you found her she cannot remember anyone, not even you. But during that time that she cannot remember her past, Jessica allowed you to continue loving her because she knows that even if her mind can't recognize you, her heart knows that she loves you. So you have my permission Yoona."

"You have our permission too," Tiffany uttered while holding the hands of Woo Bin and Sunhwa. "Me and Sunhwa should be one of the bridesmaids okay?"

I smiled to them and nodded. "Thank you."

"And I should be responsible for the hair and make up," says Sunhwa.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter