Chapter 91 (Jessica's POV)

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The soft sound of the piano woke me from my slumber. With my eyes closed, I stretched my arm to tap the other side of the bed to know if Yoona's still beside me. She wasn't. Instead I felt something small and soft on the spot where she once lied. I smiled when I saw what it is because Yoona has scattered rose petals on her bed. There were also some on the floor leading to the bathroom. The words I LOVE YOU were written on the mirror with her kiss mark after the last letter. I couldn't hide my joy while tracing those letters before the reflection of a red rose caught my attention. Sitting on top of a big box above the towel cabinet was a single rose that came with a note from Yoona. 

Good morning, beautiful. This is my early birthday present for you. Wear it and meet me at the living room. I love you.

Inside the box was a red sheath dress with a matching silver necklace and a perfect pair of black sandals. I put it on after taking a shower, applied a light make up, and let my hair hang loose down my shoulders with my bangs neatly combed to the side. I took a deep breath before swinging the door open. The lights were off and the only source of illumination were the small candles lined up on the floor along with the trail of red and white rose petals. Yoona has set aside the furnitures in the living room because she placed rose petals on the floor that formed a big heart shape. Her flat screen TV was and a slide show of our moments together was playing with our theme song as the background music.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I read the captions for every photos. Those words were the dedications of her love, of how I changed and colored her life, and of how much I mean to her. When the video was over, the TV automatically turned off and reflected the beautiful figure standing behind me. Yoona's wearing the same sheath dress with a black blazer on top. She's smiling sweetly while staring at me. 

"Do you like it?" she asked in her sweet voice I always love to hear.

I bobbed and wiped my tear-stained face with the back of my hand. "I already told you that like is an understatement when you're pulling surprises like this, Yoona."

"Then I'm glad that you loved it. I'll never get tired of pulling  this kind of surprises for you, Sica. Because I love it so much when I make you cry tears of joy."

"Why did you do this? You don't always have to make it grand you know? Just hearing you say those words in front of me or while you're in my arms is more than enou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter