Prologue

From Left Field

~~ Yun Hee POV ~♥~

“Nyaa.”

“Alright, Fibi. I'll get you some treats once I’m done.”

“Nyaa.”

“Go ask Jiyoung for some if you want it so badly!”

The calico tabby mix did as she was told and scampered away. Although she is somewhat overweight, I spoil her with cat treats every day. I think it’s cute that she’s fatter than average.

I was finishing up sweeping the front of the temple that is my home. My mother is from Japan, but she moved here in Korea to enter college. She met my Korean father in one of her classes. Eventually she decided to stay here and marry him. However, back in Japan, she owned a temple. Religion was unusually important to her, so she decided to build one here and raise me in a Japanese style. Right now, I just clean up the place. I don’t usually wear the traditional attire of white robes and red hakama. I don’t have the intention of someday taking over, either. I have my goal set for more practical things, like music.

Currently, I am enrolled at Seoul School of Arts. My major area of study is string instruments, especially the cello. My two closest friends are students there too.  Jiyoung, also my twin sister, focuses on literature while my cousin Kyou does photography. We’ve been together almost our entire lives. Kyou lived in Japan where she was born for the first year of her life, then moved just down the street from me. She comes over almost every day.

Back to the present time, I had finally completed my chores for the day. It’s probably around five o’clock, I guessed. 

I headed back inside and replaced my outdoor shoes with my favorite pair of slippers. I could smell the aroma of food being cooked. Yummy! I was walking to the kitchen while wondering what was being made. It smelled like… soba noodles and tofu! I entered the kitchen and saw that I was correct.

“I’m hungry,” I told my mother while she was stirring the sauce on the stove. I started spinning and turning the bowl on the table.

“I know. I’m cooking. It’ll be done in ten minutes. Did you finish cleaning?” She didn’t even look back.

“Yup…”

“Okay, go in there.” Although she didn’t point, I knew she meant the living room. She didn’t like me in the kitchen while she was cooking because it was a small room. I did as I was told and began to sing a song.

“Lucifer doo doo doo doo doo. Loverholic, robotronic, loverholic, robotronic. Nana nananana lalala.” I didn’t know the lyrics and sang in a weird tone. This is why I don’t take singing classes in school.

“Stop!” I heard Kyou’s voice. She doesn’t like Kpop.

“Uwah! When did you get here?” I just passed the living room a minute ago and hadn’t seen her.

“A while ago.”

“Why didn’t I see you?”

“Because… I’m ninja like that.” She gave a straight and serious face, holding back a smile.

“We were upstairs when you came in,” Jiyoung revealed the truth to the mystery. She descended the stairs.

“No, I’m just a ninja.”

We sat in the living room discussing manga and anime and made fun of the people on TV until 8:00 pm when Kyou had to leave. We had school the next day. I took a shower, read manga, and went to sleep at ten. Just like usual.


So, You met all of the OCs. Yun Hee is supposed to be me ^-^" Jiyoung is based off of my sister and Kyou is supposed to be my cousin. We'll meet Jay in the next chapter, yay! Please don't be too cruel when you comment~ Oh, and don't forget to write your opinions on this lovely poster made by my sister, "Jiyoung"!