Jay's Swag and Jiyoung's Brag!

From Left Field

~♥~ Kyou POV ~♥~

Fourth period had ended. I gathered up my camera and photos and stuck them in my binder before putting it on the shelf on the wall. I exited through the right door of the classroom and accidentally bumped into another student. I apologized without looking to see who it was and continued walking.

“Kyou~” I heard a familiar voice whine. “You’re just going to ignore me?”

I stopped walking and turned to Jay. “Oh, I didn’t see you there.” Even if I had, I probably would have still ignored you, I thought.

“Let’s walk to class together,” he beamed.

I came to the realization that he was waiting for me outside of my classroom. I didn’t know we were best friends all of a sudden. If we were, I would be fine with that. “What class did you just come from?”

“Choreography.”

Choreography class is not too far away from our next class. Photography, however, was all the way downstairs. “So you came all the way down here to walk all the way back up there with me?”

“Someone’s conceited,” he playfully looked away. “Who said I came down here to walk to class with you? Maybe I had to do something down here and decided to wait for you at the last minute.”

“Well, did you?”

“Did I what?”

“Nothing, never mind,” I sighed. It probably really was the latter anyway.

“Did I come all the way down here for you?” he persisted. He was a stubborn person, I could tell.

“Sure,” I agreed uncaringly.

“Yup.”

I could see him turn his head to me, so I looked back at him. He was smiling sincerely. At least I think it was sincerity. I felt uncomfortable all of a sudden. I decided to ignore him for the rest of the journey to class while he hummed a song that I had never heard before.

We finally traveled all the way up the stairs and onto the correct floor. “Hey,” Jay suddenly called and stopped his humming. “We should hang out on Sunday.”

“Why?” I asked incredulously. The idea wasn’t absurd, but it was pretty random.

“You don’t want to?”

“I didn’t say that.”

“Well, do you?” I began to notice he does that a lot.

I didn’t answer at first because I didn’t know how I should respond. “Where would we go?”

“I don’t know,” he shrugged.

“What would we do?”

“You’re so complicated,” he sighed. Usually, I would be the one sighing.

“Who else is going?” It would be awkward if it was just the two of us. I wanted to invite Yun Hee and Jiyoung too.

“Us.”

“And?” We were just a few feet away from the door to class. There weren’t a lot of people in the hallway. I hope we aren’t late.

“That’s it unless you want the others to come too. But that wouldn’t be much of a date, would it?”

I halted my steps. A date? “No.”

“’No’ what?”

“I’m not going on a date with you,” I exclaimed and looked at him as if he was crazy, which he was.

“Why not?” he pouted.

“Because I don’t want to.” I resumed walking at a faster pace.

“Why not?” he repeated. We reached the room.

I ignored his question and walked inside. We just made it on time, and I sat in my assigned seat. Jay tried to make eye contact with me while he walked towards the back to his own seat, but I avoided it.

 

After class was lunch. Hopefully, Jay wouldn’t say anymore about going on a date. It would be awkward talking about it in front of everyone. I tried not to look at Jay while watching Yun Hee move a desk over to mine so we can eat together. Jiyoung and Karam came into the classroom together and pushed some random desks closer to occupy themselves.

After everyone got settled and took their food out, Jay did just what I expected him to do. He whined.

“Karamie~,” he complained, “Kyou won’t go on a date with me.” I facepalmed.

Yun Hee and Jiyoung both stopped eating to stare at him unbelievingly. “…What?” Jiyoung was the first to say something.

“Why not?” Karam asked me.

“Because,” I said with annoyance evident in my tone.

“Because she’s mean.” Jay hugged Karam for comfort as if he was really hurt by it.

I didn’t say anything while eating my rice. Yun Hee questioned this time. “So, why did you say no?” She made a face as if to say that was the stupidest thing I could have ever done.

“Why would I say yes?!”

“Because…” She didn’t want to say it in front of Jay and Karam.

“Because why?” I challenged her.

“Because!”

I narrowed my eyes at her in response and continued chewing on my dumplings. I looked over at Jiyoung absentmindedly to gesture to Yun Hee that this conversation was over. I noticed Jiyoung and Karam were making expressions at each other, too. Karam was worried, and Jiyoung was disappointed. That’s way too suspicious.

"What are you guys doing?" I narrowed my eyes at them.

They glanced at each other to come up with an excuse. Jiyoung said it first. "Well, since you won't go on a date with just Jay, all five of us should go somehwere together on Sunday."

"Yeah, I'll even ask the other three if they want to come too," Karam suggested.

It didn't take me long to answer "sure." I really don't mind if it's with just Jay or all of them, as long as it's not a romantic date of some sort. Plus, this could help Yun Hee with Mika. I saw that Jiyoung and Yun Hee were thinking the same thing with bright faces.

"That reminds me," Yun Hee whispered to me. "Actually, it didn't remind me, I've been thinking about it all day. I talked to Mika today, but I'll tell you about that later." She bent over to tell Jiyoung the same thing.

"It's not nice to tell secrets in front of others," Jay scolded and wiggled his finger at me.

"I didn't even tell a secret." I pointed at Yun Hee. "She did."

Jay changed the direction of his index to Yun Hee. She glared at him. "Yes, it is."

"No, it's not. You have to tell all of us," Karam joined Jay.

Yun Hee tried to come up with something witty but failed like usual. "I said... that cats like to hug me."

"That's not a very good secret," Jay replied.

"No one said it was a good secret," Jiyoung, Yun Hee, and I all said in unison and giggled at it.

The boys just gave us another strange look. "Mika was right. You girls are weird," Karam admitted.

"I thought you were the nice one." Yun Hee got up and stomped to the trash can pouting.

~♥~ Jiyoung POV ~♥~

It was time for afternoon classes. Karam was at the doorway saying his last farewell to Jay and the other two. I saw Min Ah coming over to her seat when I realized I could either invite her with us to wherever it was we were going or take the chance to inconspicuously brag about it. I decided to go with the latter.

"Hey, Min Ah, guess what."

She made a curious noise while she chewed the last bit of her food.

"On Sunday, Karam, Jay, Yun Hee, Kyou, and I are going to hang out."

"Really? That's so cool. I wish I could hang out with Karam. We could go to a dinner date and watch a movie, then we'd go to the beach at night when no one is around." She started to day dream.

"Yeah, anyway, " I looked around to see if anyone else saw how crazy she was. There were no witnesses. "Do you know who Jay is?"

"No."

"He's one of Karam's best friends. He's in Dae Guk Nam Ah too." I felt a little proud for knowing something about Karam she doesn't. "He asked Kyou out, so we're trying to get them together. She said no, by the way, which is why we're all going out."

"Aww, you guys have a little mission thing. Like secret crime partners. I want to be partners with Karam." She looked pitiful. I couldn't tell if she was pretending to be sad or really was depressed. She kept that sad look on her face. It was awkward.

I started to feel guilty. "Maybe you could come." I started to say "I'm sure they wouldn't mind," but her cheering was too loud for her to hear me.

"I love you so much. Thank you," she reached her arms out for a hug, but we were too far apart. I uncomfortably patted her outsretched hands in return. I wasn't used to hugging people besides Kyou and Yun Hee.

Karam suddenly appeared in our vision and joined our half hug by putting his hands on each of our backs. "What are you doing?" It reminded me of the time when Karam and I made a pinky promise and Min Ah tried to put hers in as well. They really do have a lot in common.


Hello, readers~! Do you remember me or From Left Field? Probably not OTL Well, I finally updated after almost two months :D Isn't that nice? I'm sorry it's been so long. I have no excuses. I was just being lazy v.v Anyway, yay chapter 10! So, Jay is really forward, isn't he? >.< The next chapter will probably take a while to upload because I don't have my laptop, which has a working Microsoft Word and Photoshop. If you hadn't noticed, there is no poster for this chapter, but I promise to put it up some time next month when I get my laptop back. I'll also try to update regularly again, too~! Next chapter will be their day together. Where? Give me a few ideas in the comments :D

EDIT: So, I finally got my laptop back and was able to finish the poster for this chapter. I'll probably work on chapter 10's poster tomorrow and then chapter 11's the day after that. I'll try to spend noon's actually writing and the evenings making posters... Did you notice I mispelled swag in the chapter poster? I didn't want to spend all my time going back to fix it because I'll probably mess everything up. Sigh.