Love You 'Til the End! (Part I)

From Left Field

~~ Jiyoung POV ~~

Groaning the loudest noise I could muster, I fell on top of my bed. Yun Hee and Kyou both rolled their eyes at me annoyed with my antics. Even though they showed that they just wanted to leave, they knew that they couldn’t because this meant so much to me. I threw the hanger in my hands across the room along with the blue plaid dress.

“What am I supposed to wear?!” I asked to the gods that everyone seemed to count on above me. Apparently, they don’t favor me as much as I’d like.

Yun Hee sighed. “Just wear that.” She pointed over to one of the other pieces of clothing that was tossed into the corner.

“No, it looks weird on me,” I cried while rolling over on my stomach and stuffing my face into my pillow.

“Well, pick something. Karam will be here any minute,” Kyou’s harsh voice cut in. She didn’t mean to snap like that, but my frustration was making her frustrated, so I wasn’t mad.

I squealed into my pillows once more. Karam had confessed to me yesterday, and he even asked me out on a date. Today was the date. I spent the rest of yesterday and today finding the perfect outfit, but my search was futile even with the help of my two best friends.

Just the thought of us doing something like this made me shake in nervousness and excitement. How could this be happening?! Someone so perfect actually thought of me in this way.  I squealed again.

Yun Hee and Kyou rolled their eyes at me once more, but this time wore a smile.

 

There was at least half an hour left when I had finally decided on the outfit I would wear. It was the best I had, which wasn’t much. I chose a white dress that went above my knees with a black belt above my waist. I kept my hair down but added a headband with a black bow on it so I wouldn’t look too plain. For my feet, I had on white wedges with a sling back. The only jewelry I wore was simple onyx earrings. I didn’t want to look like I was trying too hard, but I didn’t want to look like I didn’t care at all.

I spent the last thirty minutes before Karam would pick me up at 1:00 for a late lunch brushing my teeth at least three times, redoing my hair over and over, and making sure there was no cat hair on my clothes.

Finally I wasted ten minutes just sitting on the couch mentally preparing myself with Yun Hee and Kyou. Luckily, my parents were working until the evening, so I didn’t have to hear them giving embarrassing speeches about what and what not to do. I fiddled with my off-white bag. It had cartoon mustaches on it. I thought it added a nice charm about myself.

Each passing second I felt more and more like backing out. How was I supposed to breathe around him now? What faces should I make? What would I say? Would I even be able to think properly? What the heck was I thinking? I can’t do this.

As these thoughts passed through my head like a bullet train, I couldn’t bring myself to get up and forget the whole date. My body wouldn’t let me. I think right now my body was smarter than my head.

My internal dilemma was disrupted with a knock on the door.

“It’s him!” Yun Hee exclaimed. She jumped up, pulled me off the couch, and pushed me to the door.

“Wait, no! Let me calm down first!” I protested.

Kyou looked at me with an are-you-kidding-me look. “By the time you calm down, we’d all be dead.”

“If you won’t open the door, I will. It’ll be more dramatic if I do,” Yun Hee thought. “Or maybe it’ll be more dramatic if you do.” She was going over each scenario in her head to decide which will please her more.

Kyou stopped her delusion. “You know, Karam is waiting outside still.”

The two of them stared at me, waiting for me to open the door. “Okay, okay,” I gave up. I slowly made my way to it, and then I suddenly pivoted. “Go away. It’s embarrassing enough!”

Yun Hee and Kyou refused to leave. They wanted to see everything. When I brought up the fact that they wouldn’t want me to be there if they were in this situation, they regretfully retreated to the kitchen. I made sure they wouldn’t sneak back in before continuing on my way to the door. I exhaled to clear my head, and forced my arm to open the only thing blocking myself from my date.

I looked up from my shoes to watch Karam’s expression when he saw me. He was smiling so brightly that it reached his eyes. I nervously smiled back at him, switching my gaze from his face to the floor. I reached up to push my hair behind me ear, but it had fallen out and curled around my chin.

“You look really cute,” Karam greeted. My stomach did summersaults, and my cheeks flushed.

“T-Thank you,” I managed to stammer. I tried to meet his eyes again, but he was watching his own feet with red cheeks. He was nervous about our date too. Knowing this, I felt more at ease. I let out a giggle.

He looked up at me confused. I only smiled at him, this time more calmly. I stepped out of the doorway and turned around to close the door. While I put my hand on the doorknob, I saw that Yun Hee and Kyou were peeking out from the entrance of the dining room. I glared at their eavesdropping to which they just gave a thumbs and mouthed “Good luck.”

 

~~ Yun Hee POV ~~

The two new love birds left the house to go on their first date together. I sighed in content and rested my head on Kyou’s shoulder. She sat next to me on the living room couch.

“They grow up so fast,” Kyou mock wiped a fake tear. I pretended to cry with her.

Even if we were both acting, we really felt like that. This is Jiyoung’s first boyfriend. We were anxious yet happy. We wanted to be there with her, but we knew we couldn’t. By playing around with our feelings as a joke, Kyou and I realized that we were both thinking the same thing about the youngest of our trio.

They really do grow up fast.

Things were beginning to change.

 

Almost an hour had passed when Kyou announced that she had to leave. She had made plans for the day with some of her photography friends to go out and take pictures with them. She grabbed her camera and left despite my whines and protests about being alone.

So, I was loverless and friendless. At least I still had Fibi, my cat. It was kind of depressing, but I got over it. I figured I would spend the day by myself cuddling into the blankets with Fibi by my side while I got some homework done. Fortunately, the homework was editing a composition for the cello, so it wasn’t so bad.

It was barely twenty minutes after I had gotten situated, under the covers, and Fibi finally stopped trying to run away from my embrace when there was a light rapping on the door. Fibi had run away, afraid of the possible intruder. I told her to calm down and protect me if it was a robber. Who else would be at my door?

Cautiously and very paranoid, I made my way to the entrance. I slightly opened the door and peered through the crack I made. I was shocked to see who it was. It certainly wasn’t a robber.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked Mika and Jay. I opened the door wider so we could talk properly.

“Sorry for showing up without notifying you first,” Mika started. “I kind of left my blazer here yesterday.”

“Really? I didn’t see it,” I told him honestly.

“You didn’t?” He was disappointed.

I tried to be as nonchalant as I could when I said, “You can come in and look for it.” I stepped aside to let Mika and Jay in.

“Hi, Yun Hee,” Jay waved energetically.

I waved at him with equal enthusiasm.

“Is Kyou here?” he innocently asked.

That’s probably why he tagged along with Mika, I thought. “No, she went out somewhere with her cooler friends,” I pouted.

Jay patted my back in comfort. “You’re cool, Yun Hee.”

Mika shifted in his position at the doorway waiting for me to go up in Jiyoung’s room with him. I began to head upstairs to find the blazer, but Jay had another question.

“Do you know where she went? I wanted to surprise her.”

“Why?” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“No reason in particular,” he shrugged. “But she never did hang out with me when I asked her that one time, so I figured I’d show up today for it.”

“Okay,” I continued to stare suspiciously at him. “They went to the park, I think, near the river.”

“Thank you, Yun Hee!” With that, he bowed and dashed away. Seriously, that guy…

I turned around to resume climbing the stairs. That’s when I realized I was alone with Mika. Again.

There was an awkward silence as we both went up to Jiyoung’s room. It was awkward for me, at least. I walked ahead of Mika and opened up the door to Jiyoung’s room before stepping inside.

I frantically searched the cloth filled floor with my eyes but saw nothing beyond the usual. “I don’t see it,” I said. I went further inside to let him in to look.

“Would she mind if I’m in here without her permission,” Mika asked hesitantly after lifting up a strewn piece of clothing on the ground.

“No, of course not. Sorry it’s a little messy-well, it’s a lot messy- because she was having trouble picking an outfit for the date and all.” I scrambled into the desk drawer thinking that maybe she had put it in by accident. It wasn’t there.

“Karam was like that, too,” Mika explained while shuffling through some other section of the scattered clothing. “He was whining at Injun and Jay to help choose his outfit and fix his hair.”

I giggled at the image of Karam freaking out about his date. “I’m glad he cares so much about it. I was worried about how things would go. I mean, of course, I know I can trust Karam, but, it’s my sister, so…”

“I understand,” he smiled warmly at me.

I sighed in frustration. Where could his blazer be? I remembered I hadn’t checked under the bed yet. I crouched on the floor and lifted the covers up to get a view of the space between the bottom of the bed and the floor.

I gasped when I saw not only Mika’s blazer, but Fibi snuggling with it. “Fibi!’ I yelled at her. “You’re so bad.” I tried to drag her out, but she kept moving away from me. She must have realized that a stranger was in here. I started making every noise to get the cat’s attention. Mika was only watching me puzzled. I grabbed a bag on the shelf next to me and shook it. She thought it was her treats, and immediately bolted out from her sanctuary upon hearing it. “Good job,” I complimented her, then I grabbed her so she wouldn’t run away when she noticed that food was nowhere nearby. I placed her on top of Jiyoung’s bed and reached under the bed to pull out the blazer.

Mika sat on the edge of the bed and started to pet her. “Her name is Fibi?”

I set the blazer on top of the pillow. “Yeah, but be careful. She isn’t too friendly…”

Fibi was laying there. To others, she may have looked comfortable, but I could tell she wanted to run away. Mika began to scratch behind her ear.

“She doesn’t like that,” I warned.

“Are you sure? She looks happy. She’s even purring,” Mika laughed.

“If you say so,” I sighed. Fibi purrs whenever she feels like it, whether she’s in a good mood or not. She just likes to be loud. I didn’t tell him that, though.

Mika resumed petting her on top of her head when Fibi reached her paw up to swat his hand away. I wasn’t sure if her nails were out until I heard Mika curse. Fibi scampered out of the room while Mika cradled his offended arm. “She scratched me,” he murmured.

“I told you,” I smugly said.


Well, slowly but surely, I'll get to the date... The next few chapters will be what started this fanfiction (and my love)~! These will be based off of Popsicle's MV (obviously). Anyway, look at the poster!!! It's amazing, ne? This is by far my favorite chapter poster. It's made by my sister because she wasn't being a meanie at the time. Actually she made this for a few chapters back so I told her that I'd use it for these events because it fit better, so then she refused to make any more posters until afterwards. Actually, I'm going to be lazy and just make these chapters "Part I, Part II, Part III..." and use the same poster. I guess that's all for now...