The Performance!

From Left Field

~~ Jiyoung POV ~~

Finally, they would begin their performance. Dae Guk Nam Ah rounded up to stand in position. I shuddered in anticipation at their concentrated expressions. What were they doing?

“Okay,” Mika looked up, “we’ll be singing and dancing to our song Admiring Boy… but that’s it.”

“What?” Yun Hee burst. “Why only one song?”

“It wouldn’t be fun to show you everything now,” Hyunmin smirked.

Yun Hee kept her attention on Mika. “Yes, it would. I want to see everything you know. Pretend like it’s a concert.”

Mika watched her for a moment before opening his mouth for a “no” and pivoted to turn the radio on. Yun Hee gave up on her pestering for now while the intro to the song started.

Immediately, Jay was surrounded by his fellow band members as they silently listened to the slow and somewhat angelic beat. Mika began with making an “ooh” sound before they all joined in for a quick English phrase and the dancing began. There was a deeper sound coming off from the music that initiated Jay to push the four others away as they flew back while he began a small rap. Jay chilled on the floor, and the rest of Dae Guk Nam Ah danced behind him. Yun Hee, Kyou, and I smiled at the eye-catching introduction. I was kind of nervous and could feel it in my stomach. My gaze never left Karam, even when Jay’s rap was over and Mika had begun singing in a soft tone again. What was probably barely forty seconds felt like ten minutes until Karam’s solo arrived.

He swung to the center of the group and sang a little quieter than the others, but still had confidence. His voice wasn’t as low as Jay’s, but it wasn’t as high as Mika’s. When he sang, he opened his mouth wide as if his words wouldn’t come out if they didn’t have enough room to flow from. Usually, I would describe Karam as being cute, but seeing him like this has changed my view of him. I couldn’t help the thought of Karam being hot cross my mind, even though their energy seemed like it was an innocent dance and song. I shouldn’t be thinking like this! If he finds out, he would find me weird. My inner turmoil didn’t last very long as the chorus of the song came. Karam and the others placed their palms on their chest and slid them down while bending at the knees before abruptly stopping at their stomach to bring it back up with their bodies. It was too much for me to handle.

Before long, Injun had replaced himself to the center for his own part. Karam had taken the attention once more. The five of them continued going back and forth between the spotlight and sometimes came together for a harmony, but I couldn’t see anything or anyone but Karam. Even during the of the song where Mika and Hyunmin showed off their powerful vocals, it was like Karam was the only existence. How could I be so drawn in to him? He smiled the entire time he was singing and dancing. It was quite enchanting.

The song was reaching its end. Everyone paused their singing to snap after each other to the music. The only instrument heard from the radio was of strings and there was sort of a sparkly noise. They all turned around while speaking in English once again. Drawing out the last syllable, they turned ninety degrees to the left, arched their backs, and slowly swiveled their outstretched arms. Dae Guk Nam Ah returned to face us and elegantly bowed with one arm holding their abdomen and the other gently behind their backs with their legs delicately crossed at their shins. They all looked so princely.

I sat there not knowing what to do. Was it over already? I could only gape at the realization of how breathtaking my new friends were. Kyou and Yun Hee had similar thoughts, apparently, because they were silent as well.

The boys straightened up and looked expectantly. Yun Hee grinned ear to ear and gave them her applause. Her hands smacked loudly against each other, and I winced at the crude noise after hearing such beauty a few seconds before. I decided I would show my how much I enjoyed the show by clapping too.

Kyou displayed her thoughts with words rather than actions. “That was… I don’t even know which word to use.”

“Amazing?” Yun Hee chimed. “Or is that too much of an understatement?”

Dae Guk Nam Ah’s faces lit up and their smiles glowed brighter. There was a mingling of “thank you.”  I giggled at their response.

Mika turned his direction to Yun Hee. I noticed he did that a lot. “Well, I’m glad you said more than just ‘good’ this time,” he smirked, “but what did you like about it?” It took me a moment to understand that he was referring to when Yun Hee had heard Mika in the piano room.

\She didn’t catch on at first either. hung slightly open, and her head tilted to the side in confusion. Yun Hee’s eyes widened when she recognized the resemblance of his question. “All of it!”

“Which part the most?” The ends of Mika’s lips inched higher.

“Last time I said the lyrics, right?” she pondered. “I liked the lyrics in this, too, but I’ll say the singing this time.”

Hyunmin wanted to play along. “Who sang the best?”

Yun Hee got tense at his query. “If I say it, the others will feel bad.”

Injun brought up an idea. “Then each of you tell us who sang the best.”

“And danced the best,” Jay beamed. “I want to be praised, too.”

Yun Hee faked an exhausted sigh. “Fine.” She looked at me. “Jiyoung goes first.”

“Eh? Why? He asked you first.”

Kyou cut in. “Jay was the best dancer.” At this, Yun Hee and I shot her a suggestive smile that wasn’t visible to the boys. She rolled her eyes enough for us to see but not enough for the others to notice. “And I really like Hyunmin’s voice,” she added.

Hyunmin wore a smug look at the comment. “I knew you would,” he sniffed teasingly. Karam, Injun, and Jay went up to him to pretend to choke and abuse him.

“Mika was the best singer,” Yun Hee attempted to destroy his cocky attitude. I could tell that Yun Hee wasn’t being biased with her opinion because she liked Mika the most out of the group; she really did think Mika had the greatest voice.

“I think Mika was the best, too,” I agreed. I still thought Karam was incredible, but Mika was over the top in singing. “And Jay was the best dancer.”

“Yeah, Jay was the best dancer,” Yun Hee nodded.

“I got three votes,” Jay bragged and did a victory dance. Karam and Injun hung on Jay to attack him next.

“We didn’t get any votes!” Injun whined to Karam.

“Are we no good?” Karam pouted and grabbed Injun’s hands.

“We’ll never become idols!” Injun pulled Karam in for a hug to fake cry on his shoulder.

I felt guilty. Even if they were acting, it probably really did hurt them. “You two were great, too!”

“You’re just saying that,” Injun bawled while digging deeper into Karam.

“No, really, I’m not! You were really, really amazing and awesome and…” I tried.

Yun Hee slapped Hyunmin in the arm with the back of her hand. “This is why I didn’t want to say it!”

Karam pushed a chuckling Injun away from him. “Don’t worry. We’re okay. Mika is the main singer and Jay is the main dancer, so naturally, they would be the best.”

I was glad they actually were fine with it. They were really good together, as a group. I wanted to tell Karam that he had the best looks out of Dae Guk Nam Ah, but I chose to save that comment until later because it was too embarrassing. Overall, Karam was the best.


Weee~ Chapter 15~ Okay, so, they performed for the girls... How was it? I don't know if I was descriptive enough. But, yeah, I basically wrote this whole chapter Saturday night, minus the first few paragraphs because I was unusually busy with homework and I got lazy stuff... Anyway, I'm glad I wrote this in time, though... so, yeah... When I was writing Admiring Boy, did you guys recognize the parts I was writing?

Also, I added some MikaxYunHee~ Was it cute? I think it was~ I love Mika~ The chapter I was referring to was chapter 9, Musical Hearts. That was my favorite chapter >.< 

Ugh! I just noticed I (my sister) forgot to put an exclamation point at the end of the chapter poster! And I literally just deleted the psd because I need to save room on my flashdrive! Urgh!!!! Okay, I'm calm now.

Next chapter is a surprise!!!! xD But don't worry, it's a good surprise~ Should I give you a hint? You guys probably don't even care, but Let's just say there is going to be a fail and a success... (Stupid riddle is stupid.) Take a guess at what it means and comment it~! That's me subtly begging for comments.

Lastly, I wanted to thank my favorite friend, chuchu94, and favorite subscriber, kpop_grin, for helping me and motivating me, even if they didn't realize it~! Are the rest of you jealous >:D Probably not OTL