the night of the lights

Internship, and next?

Jaehwan was a good driver. That was the first thing comming to your mind as he started the motor of the car you both were sitting in. Beeing together in a car can be full of interesting things. Is it his car? Is it neat or not? How does he drive? How does it smell inside? Wich music does he listen to while driving? Is he concentrated or talkaktive?...

Your head was full of these things, while the car was fast but savely going onto one of the biggest street's in Seoul. Somehow he really looks like a handsome man, like the most awesome namja. But wait, what? no...NO! this is not a date. You two are just friend's having some fun after work, as you and Hyuk was doing like all the time.

strange, really strange. after a while you found yourself looking at his sideprofile. He was wearing his glasses, he somehow really looked cute with them but also intelligent. And his nose, you never have seen a noticible thing before. It was making him so markant and handsome.

"Is everything all right? Do I have something on my face?" He was asking out of silence. Thankfully he wasn't as awkward as he was a few days before.

Your face turned red as you said "No. I was just not familiar with you wearing glasses, but they really suits you."

He was smiling about this, but didn't said something more about this. The rest of the drive you both were talking about how work is going now, as Jaehwan was parking the car at a big parking place near the Han river.

You two get out of the car and in secound's you noticed the sweet smell of flowers, grass and springsun. It was an late afternoon but though, the sun was shining and the birds were singing.

"we are still at the Han river, right? Where do you want to go?"

"This place is a bit separated from all the city noise, full with fresh air. Me and Wonshik, we came here often to get some inspiration for music, lyrics, dance or just to get a few minutes rest. Always staying in Seoul can be troublesome. Of course it is a awesome city, but nature can get you the inspiration that you miss in these towns. So I thought of walking around with you for a bit." Jaehwan said this so softly, he really must like this place a lot you thought.

It's somehow new to you, to imaginate how the idols who always should be perfect must feel in this dusty and small town with no freedom for them. It must be tough not to be able to see his family and his friends whenever you want to. They must live with more guys together and as you know from you and your sister, living together can be troublesome. You feeled sorry for them, but also gratefull that Jaehwan was able to find a place to get some air and relax a bit.

Deep in your thoughts you didn't noticed that you were at a small way, all few metres was a bench comming it's way, and the best, nearly nobody was around. It was so harmoniously.

The sun was getting down and now you was able to see the last sunlight from the day before it dissapeared under the horizon.

"Now I really can understand why you like this place." You said to Jaehwan. You both where looking at the sun. "It's so nice around here."

He looked at me and smiled. "I think this place might get you some energy, too. It's so peacefull. beside that, are you hungry? If we walk on this way for a few more minutes we will come to a small restaurant where we can take away chicken and than we can do a picknic in the park nearby."

"Sounds good. Aww if I had knew that we will be at such a beautyfull place I would have bring my camera and my scetchbook. I always try to draw in nature, still to get better at drawing."

"Maybe you can bring all this next time when we come here. I would be happy. And I wanna draw something, too." He was smiling again. Somehow he really smiled a lot today. His warm brown eyes sparkled in the sunlight.

You did as Jaehwan said before, you get some chicken and went to the park.

But as you went there it already was darker around. But it wasn't dark at the park at all. There were hunderet, thousands of little lights in rose, gold and pastel colours, shining on the trees. Some people also were doing picknic and other were walking along the ways in the park, looking at the trees, the faszinating sparkle was shining down to them.

"Amazing. I've never seen a place like this. All these lights!" you was absolutely impressed by the way this park showes all it's beauty even at night.

"They do this once in a month, it's the 'night of the light's'. I have seen them once with Wonshik on a coincidence. I was impressed at the first time, too. Just as you are right now. You should see your face haha. But I secretly wanted to see you be impressed like that."

 

 

 

"And that's what happened, did you know about this park, Eunji?" you asked you collegue. You was telling her your evening in detail and also telled her how impressed you were of this beauty.

"Whoah, no I didn't know about it. Sounds like you and Jaehwan had a fun date, right?" Eunji replied.

"That was no date. Nothing has happened. On dates, as far as I know, there will happen something....... you know?!"

"Not necessarily. In Europe the guys are differently from the guys in korea, trust me."

"But... no! I can't had have a date with Jaehwan, that would make everything so troublesome. I don't want this!!!"

"But you like him, right?" Tom asked, who was listening to my story quietly to this point.