Chapter thirty eight

Boss in office, daddy in bedroom

South Korea is enjoying warm autumn so Chanyeol suggested a trip on bikes. Everyone is thrilled by his idea, only Yesung is faking his enthusiasm. He is praying that his daddy and their will forget about the trip but today after lunch Siwon takes him in a shop with bikes. 

 

Yesung is staring on the long lines of bikes and feels how is his stomach turning into a knot while Siwon speaks with the shop-assistant. He sees kids who are also choosing their new bikes and Yesung wants to cry. 

 

“Which color would you like?”

 

Both Siwon and the shop-assistant are looking on him and Yesung shrugs. Siwon decided for a red bike and then loaded it in his car. Yesung is walking behind his daddy and bites on his lower lip. He is so ashamed and Siwon has no idea about the battle which is happening inside Yesung’s head. They drive home and Siwon started to choose something comfortable to wear on their trip. They decided to drive on the Hangang River path and their trip is going to be around 20 kilometers long so they need to wear something comfortable and yet stylish. 

 

Siwon is roaming through his closet and Yesung sits on their bed while tracing the crease on his black suit pants. He is suspiciously silent and Siwon thinks that maybe he is only tired but after few more silent minutes Siwon goes in the bedroom.

 

“Yesung, don’t you want to choose clothes for tomorrow?”

 

Yesung only shakes his head no and keeps staring on his pants. Siwon walked over to the bed and sat down next to his baby. 

 

“What is wrong? You don’t want to go on a trip?”

 

Yesung shakes his head no and keeps staring down. Siwon sighed and gently grabs Yesung’s small chin and forced him to look up.

 

“Then what is wrong. You don’t like riding a bike?”

 

Yesung’s eyes avoid Siwon and he mumbled something under his breath. Siwon needs to lean closer and only then manage to understand to what he said.

 

 “I don’t know how.”

 

Siwon sighed and again realized how many things Yesung missed because of his missing father. Luckily for Yesung, Siwon is ready to give him everything. Even a lesson. 

 

Siwon called Chanyeol that they can’t go on the trip with them and the next morning they drive to Yunho’s house. His house has a yard where they can practice and Yesung won’t feel stupid in front of other people. Siwon put lots of protective gear on his baby. Yesung has a red helmet with ladybugs, black knee and elbow pads and also gloves.

 

“Hey Siwon, are you going to teach him how to ride a bike or are you sending him to a battle?”

 

Siwon shows a middle finger to Yunho and turned to his pale baby.

 

“First you will only push off and stop by using your feet, okay? Your feet are on the ground so don’t worry.”

 

Yesung nodded and sits on the seat. Siwon smiled and holds back of the seat so he can steady the shaking bike. He let Yesung to just push off the bike, they don’t need to hurry. After a while Siwon told him to place his feet on the pedals. He put his hands beneath his baby’s armpits to catch him if he falls and told Yesung to start pedaling. Yesung is gripping the handlebars and the bike moves. Siwon is keeping his hands under Yesung’s armpits so his baby knows that his daddy is right there with him. He is pedaling forward  and it is a bit shaky but he is really riding the bike. Siwon is proudly smiling and then told him to gently turn the handlebars. Yesung turned too sharply and suddenly lost his balance. Siwon wasn’t expecting it and didn’t manage to catch him. Yesung fell down but luckily he is wrapped in some many gear that nothing happened to him. Siwon picked him up and made sure that he isn’t injured. Yesung doesn’t want to stop because he really wants to learn it.

 

They are practicing for almost two hours and Yesung is really good at it. He can take turn and rides in circles on Yunho’s yard. He is still a bit shaky but this is a good start. Yunho and Changmin take them inside to have an ice cream. Yesung is trying to hide his proud smile. Every kid knows how to ride a bike and he learned it just now so he isn’t something special. They have a chocolate ice cream with whipped cream and colorful sprinkles and then they head home. Yesung is tired after working so hard and Siwon goes to cook some lunch for his smart boy.