LUNCH

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo went straight to a client brief on a Monday morning with Hayi.

"How's the date?" Hanbin must have told her about it.

"It was actually fun. Mino's cool to hang out with." She said as they waited for their client inside their conference room.

"He's actually like a younger, cooler version of Boss Ji, right?" Hayi said with a dazed look in her eyes.

"Woah. Calm down, girl. Last I heard, you were still in a relationship with Hanbin." Jisoo laughed at her.

"Well, last I heard, you're still single." She nudged her.

"And what are you trying to say now?" She has an idea, and she doesn't like how her chest is thumping wildly at that thought.

"What I'm trying to say is that our client is here now. Hi, Ms. Suzy. Good morning!"

 

Jisoo calmed herself and put up a smile in front of their client. Hearing what Hayi had to say made her feel giddy. What the heck?

 

--------

 

Mino kept looking at the wall clock. It's already 10AM and Jisoo is not yet in. He wanted to ask around, but something in him feels conscious that he may be misinterpreted.

"How was Friday night, Song?" Seunghoon wheeled on his chair to him.

"It was fine. I think my tongue went numb that night." He suddenly can feel the of the 200% wings.

"Wait, what? Did you french her?" Seunghoon whispered and he was seriously looking at him.

"No! We went to AKMU's and I ordered the damn 200% wings and got my tongue burnt." But the idea that he frenched Jisoo got stuck in his head.

"Did you say AKMU's? Best in wings in town, right?" Chanhyuk, for the first time, talked to him that's not related to work.

"Uh, yes. Maybe. When it's not burning a hole in my mouth, yes." He mumbled, completely unprepared to answer him.

"Hey, what are you up to for lunch?" Seungyoon joined their huddle.

Mino remembered the bento Jisoo promised last Friday, but seeing that she's probably out of the office…

"Do you guys know a good place for bento meals?" He asked Seunghoon.

"There's only one place you should get your bento here, Mino. Kang's Kitchen."

"You're going to Kang's? I'm in!" Deukie raised his hand, while his eyes are locked on the artwork he's finishing for a client.

"Damn it. I shouldn't have brought lunch today. I want a bento!" Anda cried out.

"You better call for reservation now, Seunghoon, or we won't get a table." Yoon told him.

"Hey, Hanbin! Want to join us at Kang's Kitchen for lunch?" Hoony asked the guy who's quietly going through a file.

"Heck yeah!" He answered immediately.

"So, this place must be really good, huh." Mino asked Seungyoon.

"Really really good. You should see Jisoo's face whenever someone mentions Kang's Kitchen. Her eyes light up like a Christmas tree."

Mino remembered about how Jisoo doesn't mind about the bet, as long as she gets a bento. Not having her around today .

"Wait, should we ask Hayi and Jisoo? They're probably on their way back now." Seungyoon asked Hanbin.

Mino suddenly remembered the client brief Dara mentioned last Friday. Should he ask Jisoo himself about the bento lunch out?

He checked his phone and read their last messages. Their conversation seemed cut off. He fell asleep that night, that's why.

"Hayi said that they started the meeting later than scheduled, so they won't be able to join us." Hanbin reported to them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter