CAUGHT

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo woke up with an unfamiliar warmth next to her. 

 

She twisted her body around and saw Mino sleeping beside her.

 

He was using a different blanket and was lying at an appropriate distance, but it still felt odd for her.

 

She tiptoed her way out of his room and collected her things on the couch before heading out.

 

A nagging thought is pulling her back inside his room though.

 

But she really didn't want things to be awkward, so she closed the door behind her. She was walking towards the elevator when her steps faltered. Guilt is eating her up as she realized how Mino has been so sweet and helpful to her. 

 

She turned and walked back to his door and she was about to knock when the elevator opened 

 

"Jisoo?"

 

Dara's voice surprised her and her heart slammed to her chest when she turned to see her two bosses looking at her.

 

And how can they not? 

 

It's 6am-ish and she's outside Mino's door.

 

"Hi, Ms. Dee. Boss Ji, hello."

 

She nervously smiled as she tried to tame her hair. Did she look like she spent the night with Mino?

 

"What are you doing here?" Dara asked as she started walking to her unit next to Mino's.

 

"Oh, I was walking out this morning. Jogging. I mean, walking and jogging, and I remembered I need to borrow a book from Mino."

 

That's the lamest excuse she can ever come up with.

 

And as things couldn't get any better, Mino suddenly opened the door looking like he just bolted out of bed and went out to look for her.

 

"Mino, Jisoo said she's borrowing a book. I didn't know you're into reading books now."

 

Boss Ji smirked at his brother. Mino shot her a questioning look.

 

"I meant song book. You know, to help me write the lyrics for Good Day."

 

She almost tapped her back for thinking quickly, but the knowing smiles between Boss Ji and Ms. Dee is enough for her to realize that they don't buy her bull.

 

"I thought you guys were already working on it yesterday when I called Mino?"

 

Jisoo just wanted to melt on the spot.

 

"Yes, but Jisoo forgot my song book. Uhm...I'll get it." Mino turned and left the three of them on the hallway.

 

Dara reached out to her shoulder. "Ji and I have a Sunday breakfast thingy. You and Mino can join us."

 

"Oh, no, Ms. Dee. My brother's waiting for me...because I left early today...to get here. For the song book."

 

Dara's smile was telling though. "Maybe next time then."

 

Mino came back with a booklet in his hand. "Here you go. Can you...call me when you get home?"

 

"Sure, sure. I can do that. Sorry for...everything. I mean for waking you up too early."

 

It was super awkward for both of them so she just walked ahead and never looked back. She heard a door close and waited before turning around to see Mino still waiting for her to get to the elevator.

 

As soon as the elevator doors close, she looked down on the notebook he handed her.

 

She almost dropped it when she realized he really did give her his songbook. 

 

With all the words and lines he wrote for Jieun. For the girl who broke his heart.

 

--------

 

"That was interesting." Dara said as they closed the door.

 

"Mino is going to be in trouble. I mean the good kind. Is it too early to declare that I approve of Jisoo for my brother?" Jiyong hugged Dara after putting down their luggage just outside their bedroom.

 

"Do not meddle on this, Ji." Dara pinched his arm playfully.

 

"I'm not meddling. I just want to see my brother with a girl who actually has things sorted out in her head." He kissed her neck as they moved to the kitchen.

 

"Well, let's just see where this thing goes. Mino still has to work with Jieun and he needs to close that chapter soon." She opened the bag her mom gave them and brought out the breakfast kimbap she made for them. 

 

Jiyong was already boiling water for their chicken noodle soup when they heard a faint knock on the door.

 

Mino entered Dara's place while yawning.

 

"Had a long night?" Jiyong asked his brother.

 

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter