HIM

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara looked up to watch her friend talking about work, but she can’t understand a thing. She was busy trying to think how she missed all these revelations crashing down on her.

 

Jiyong was everything she could have ever wanted from any guy. He was sweet, caring, and honest. He’s funny but he’s serious when it comes to work. He makes her laugh, and tries his best not to see her cry. He’s attentive to her needs and doesn’t ask anything in return.

 

And that just makes her feel bad. He was nothing but the perfect guy, and yet she ignored him. She put him in a corner and labeled him her BEST FRIEND.

 

“Does your stomach still hurt? Maybe we should just go home.” Jiyong suddenly caught her attention. His eyes were filled with worry, and it’s crushing her heart.

 

“I’m fine. I was just thinking.”

 

Jiyong leaned closer. They were at a restaurant after work because he wanted to treat her with good food after getting sick.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

She put her hand on top of his and played with his thumb. His hand immediately curled on hers and she loved the feel of it. “I’m sure.”

 

He offered her a smile. “Let’s get you some good food then.”

 

But their hands remained clasped together until their food came. That’s when she realized she wanted more than his hand. She wanted his heart. She wanted him.

 

And certainly, she loves him.

 

--------

 

Mino was getting a beer on their fridge when someone buzzed outside. 

 

That couldn’t be his brother. Or maybe he forgot his keys? But he’s with Dara and she has a duplicate in her place.

 

His question was answered when he opened the door to Jieun.

 

“Hi, Mino.” She silently greeted him.

 

He couldn’t move, couldn’t say a word. He was frozen on the spot.

 

She looked back on the empty hallway. “Can I come in?”

 

“No.” The words flew from his mouth right away.

 

She looked down on her feet before trying again. “Mino, we need to talk. I just want to set things straight between us.”

 

He suddenly found his voice. “Whatever you will say won’t even change a thing, Jieun. You’ve already done it. You’ve left and hurt me. Both of you.”

 

Tears fell from her eyes and Mino had the urge to wipe it away. Why can’t he just stop feeling things like this for her?

 

“I’m sorry I hurt you. I never really meant to.”

 

Dara and Jiyong came into view. Mino knew how his brother feels about Jieun. He never really liked her. Jiyong knew right from the start that she was just using him, but knowing what she did with Jiho only made it worse.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jiyong asked, while Dara tried to hold him back.

 

“Good evening, oppa. I just want to talk to him.” Jieun said while wiping away her tears.

 

His brother looked at him. “Do you want to talk?” 

 

For what it’s worth, Mino knew that his brother never manipulated him about his opinions on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter