PAUSE

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong knew it would be a disaster.

 

Taeyeon sat across from him, pretty and funny and yet, his mind is set on Dara.

 

Is she enjoying with Donghae more than he does with Taeyeon?

Did he order her favorite items on the menu?

Was she drinking? How many glasses of wine is she having?

Should he ask her if she needs a ride home?

Will Donghae drive her home?

Will he ask to stay the night?

Will she agree?

Will they be a couple?

 

“Jiyong?”

 

He looked up to see his date staring at him with a pitiful smile.

 

“We can cut this date early if you don’t feel it. I won’t mind.” She looked sincere and he felt like an .

 

“I’m sorry, Tae. There were just so many things happening at work right now. There’s this meeting with a client and Dara will be on her own and I can’t help but think if I should go with them.”

 

He stopped when he felt her hand touch his. “There you go. You were thinking about Dara, right?”

 

Jiyong couldn’t meet her gaze. He felt guilty that he was caught.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t want you to feel this way.” He told her.

 

As soon as he had the courage to look at her, Taeyeon winked at him. “It’s okay. But make sure to get her after this date or I’ll definitely ask for another one.”

 

He let out a sigh and realized maybe he would be taking her to a second date if Dara enjoyed her date with Donghae.

 

He paid for their meal and offered to drive Taeyeon home, but she declined.

 

“I think I’m gonna hang out at the bar next door for a while.”

 

Jiyong drove home and stopped to press his ears on Dara’s door. It sounded quiet. No movements. She wasn’t in yet.

 

-------

 

Mino was calling Jisoo for the fifth time and she wasn’t answering. He didn’t want to send her a message, because she might misinterpret it. 

 

He groaned as the line went to voicemail. 

 

“Hey Sooyah, sorry about the last-minute ditch. An old friend called and I really just had to meet him. Please don’t get mad at me. I’ll treat you lunch tomorrow. OK?”

 

Soon as he put down his phone, Jihoon came into view. He still has the same stupid grin in his face that spells trouble and Mino was glad he didn’t have to introduce Jisoo to him.

 

“You look different.” Jihoon told him as they went in for a man-hug.

 

“You look just as stupid.” He .

 

“Shut up!” Jihoon punched his arm and the night went on.

 

Mino didn’t want to bring up Jiho and Jieun, but his friend can be a little inquisitive.

 

“So, would you be interested to join Jiho’s dinner this Saturday?”

 

He finished his drink and scoffed at him. “ no.”

 

“Come on, Mino. You guys were friends before you even met Jieun.” Jihoon whined over him.

 

“Yet he had the guts to steal my girlfriend away from me.” He spat out. 

 

Jihoon nodded. “Have you considered maybe it was Jieun who approached him first?”

 

“Have you been talking to him?” Mino asked him accusingly.

 

“No. I haven’t, just until recently when he got back. It’s just that I know Jihoon, Mino. The same way I know you. He wouldn’t do this knowing it will hurt you.”

 

“Well, it already happened and I got hurt. Maybe you didn’t know him like you thought.” He answered his friend.

 

Mino then decided to end the night. He just wants to sleep this mess in his friend. Jieun and Jiho has been in his head since the weekend, and he just can’t let them invade his mind again.

 

--------

 

It’s already 11:00 and Jiyong is still waiting for Dara to come home.

 

As every minute passes by, he grew more worried if she would be coming home. Donghae and Dara have shared a lot of moments and he wouldn’t be surprised if the friendly date would turn into a serious one.

 

He wasn’t giving up, still.

 

When he heard the elevator door opened outside, Jiyong froze in his seat. He didn’t want to surprise her by waiting outside the door. 

 

He felt stupid for lurking by the doorway. Maybe he can just call her, and interrupt whatever is supposed to happen.

 

But then he heard his door unlocked, and his palms started sweating. Dara has a key to his place, and so did he on hers.

 

Is she going to tell him directly that they’ve decided to be a couple? 

 

He stepped back and braced himself as the door opened, but it was just Mino.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter