Chapter 28: 2017

Skylight
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]28.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]World, 2017[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

We are products of our past 

but we don’t have to be 

prisoners of it.

-Rick Warren-

[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

After five minutes standing with a box of pizza and a bottle of cola in her hand in front of Yoongi’s hotel room, Jihye is 100% sure that he is a snail in disguise. What took him so long to just open this damn door and let her in? He’s not trying to hide a woman, is he?

Another minute passes and finally the door creek opens. Jihye sends a murderous glare to her friend behind the door. “What took you so long Min?” she asks him; annoyed. Yoongi only shrugs. “I was in the bathroom.” He moves away from the door and lets her in. Jihye enters his room with pout and turns on all the lights in the room. 

As expected from Min Yoongi, he turns off all the lights in his room. From his bed hair and yawn, she knows that he just woke up from his nap. Jihye puts the pizza and cola on the table. She pops herself to the chair and Yoongi soon follows.

He looks at the pizza sleepily. “Pizza? I thought you’re gonna cook me real food or something.” He protests but still opens the box and takes a slice. “Dude, I also stay at a hotel. Where can I cook?” Yoongi seems to just realize that she only visits him and attends his concert in Newark. “Well, too bad. I miss your cooking.” He says.

Jihye beams. She opens her bag and takes out a jar of cookies. She put it on the empty space on the table. “I bring cookies though.” She says cheerfully. Yoongi's eyes widen in surprise and then his famous gummy smile shows itself. He grins as he takes the jar of cookies. “Lee Jihye is the best.” He mutters. Yoongi quickly opens the jar lid and takes one piece. 

It’s been a while since she baked something and she hopes that she hasn’t lost her touch. By Yoongi's happy and delightful face, it seems that she still has it in her. “Is it good?” She asks him. Yoongi nods as he takes another cookie. “As always.” A smile forms on her pink lips. “I’m glad.” She says.    

They spend another hour catching up and joking around like the old time. To be honest, she really misses him a lot. He’s been so busy and she’s also busy with college. They barely have time to talk and they live so far away from each other. Jihye has always had Yoongi for most of her life so being away from him really affects her. Even though she has Allen and Neil, it is still not the same.

So when Yoongi finally pops the question, she has difficulty answering. “When are you going back to Seoul?” Jihye looks down. Suddenly her fidgeting hand looks interesting. Yoongi pokes her cheeks. “Look at me Ji.” He softly asks. Jihye slowly raises her head. She meets Yoongi with soft and warm eyes. His lips curve up into a really gentle smile; something that rarely appears. “We all miss you. We’ll be happy to have you back.” Then he wraps his big veiny hands around her smaller one. “But if you are happier here, then stay. I won’t force you to come back.” 

“I only want you to be happy.” He finishes. Jihye squeezed his hand. “I am happy. It’s been good here. But I miss Seoul too. I miss you, I miss Sehun, hell, and I even miss my parents.” Jihye chuckles. “I want to go back to oppa. I really do. But sometimes, it frightens me.” She admits. There’s always this reason in the back of her head that makes her hesitant to go back there. 

“Is it because of him?” Yoongi shoots. As expected from the blunt Yoongi. “Partly yes. I think it’s more on me though.” Jihye looks at the empty space in front of her. “It’s complicated oppa. It’s not something I can sort out just in a second. I still need time for myself.” 

Jihye sips her cola. “On one hand, I choose to follow my parents just so that they’ll leave me alone and it is actually the right choice. They st

Please log in to read the full chapter