Chapter 31: Seoul 2018

Skylight
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]31.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seoul, 2018[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

thank you to myself

for making it this far

despite wanting to give up

every single day.

-Zack Grey-

[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

Baekhyun hasn't stopped smiling since last night. He finally has a day off and he’s going to spend it with his girlfriend. Yes, a real girlfriend. It’s still unbelievable to him. Even after a month, he still can’t believe it that they are finally together officially. Baekhyun punches in the password of her new apartment. Her password is her parent anniversary. Who would’ve thought really? 

“Jihye I’m here.”

Baekhyun changes his shoes with the white fluffy slipper that fits his feet perfectly. He assumes that she bought it for him. He smiles at the thought. With a big smile on his face, he starts to look for Jihye. She doesn’t seem to hear him coming. Baekhyun walks down the short hall that leads him to the living room; but no signs of Jihye there. He goes to the kitchen but she’s not there either. He explores every corner of her apartment but he doesn’t find her anywhere. 

“Where is she?” He mumbles to himself. Baekhyun enters the last room on the second floor that must be her bedroom. He sighs in relief when he sees her curls up and fast asleep on the carpeted floor. She must be very tired and only wants to take a short break but ends up sleeping for real. Baekhyun softly chuckles. He closed the door slowly and lay down beside her. 

Jihye is sleeping without any pillow on the floor. Her neck will be hurt when she wakes up. Baekhyun slowly slides his right arm under her hand and pulls her closer. She really smells like cleaning products. But Jihye is always a light sleeper so even a little sounds and movement can wake her up. “Hmmm… Baek?” she mumbles with a voice heavily laced with sleep. “You’re here.” 

“Sorry I woke you up.” He whispers. Jihye snuggles to his chest and puts her right arm around his waist. “It’s okay. I need to wake up anyway.” Jihye yawns and blinks a few times. She looks up at him with a sleepy smile. Baekhyun can see the prominent dark circle under her eyes. 

“My Princess has worked very hard.” He cooes and pecks her lips. “Are you hungry? Kyungsoo made you something.” Baekhyun says. Her sleepy eyes turn bright at the mention of food. “Yeah, I’m starving.” She says. But Jihye moves closer to Baekhyun and buries her face on his chest. “But let’s stay like this for a while. I miss you.” She mumbles against his chest. Baekhyun can feel his face redden. Why is she so cute? Baekhyun grins widely then tightens his arms around her smaller frame. “Miss you too princess…”

***

Jihye glares at her boyfriend. He said that he wanted to help her today but he fell asleep right after having a late lunch with her. She sighs in defeat when she hears him snoring softly as he sprawls out on her new sofa. Jihye sits on the floor and watches him quietly. His downturn lips are parting slightly. He must be really tired. 

“How can somehow doesn’t change a bit after years?”

“I love you…”Jihye whisper quietly. To be honest, she didn’ think at all when she asked him to be her boyfriend. But she doesn’t regret it at all. She wants to be with him. Jihye realizes it a long time ago but she wasn’t ready for the consequences. Whether it was four years ago or now, his fans won’t ever accept him having a girlfriend. People will say nasty things about them and she doesn’t want him to experience something like that. 

When Baekhyun and Taeyeon’s dating news came out to the public, people didn’t accept it well. That was what she always wanted to avoid. She doesn’t want him to experience something like that ever again but now she thoughtlessly let her heart take the lead. 

Jihye gently caresses his soft cheeks. A chuckle escaped her lips. How can a 26 years old man be as cute as a baby? Slowly she leans forward and places a soft peck on his parting lips. 

“Rest well darling…”

***

Jisung presses the doorbell of his sister's new apartment. He feels bad for her because he’s been so busy and can’t help her move out of the mansion. He wants to surprise his sis

Please log in to read the full chapter