Chapter 36: Seoul, 2019

Skylight
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]36.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seoul, 2019[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”

― Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

[BREAKING NEWS] WAS SAMSUNG’S HEIRESS LEE JIHYE THE REASON BEHIND EXO’S BAEKHYUN AND SNSD’S TAEYEON BREAKS UP?

 

 

lilyxxB08 150 pts

 28 (+37 / -9) I saw a few people who claimed to be her friends posted their photo with her and from what they said, she was in the US around the time BaekYeon dated. The timeline didn’t match.

Hannah0479 203 pts

 22 (+13 / -2) But nothing is confirmed yet. 

QueenYeon 78 pts

 15 (+10 / -5) Just because you are rich, it doesn’t mean you can do anything you like and ruin people’s relationships. 

kimsummer03 564 pts

 14 (+9 / -4) i don’t like that couple but if this true then miss heiress is really ed up.

Lunafrey45 65 pts

 10 (+10 / -1) we don’t know anything. How can you assume that BaekYeon broke up because of her? 

unbeatableBaekhyun 110 pts

 5 (+0 / -0) Do you believe that BaekYeon is real? They used our Baekhyun to divert the attention from the C-line. BaekYeon is fake.

 

 

 

Baekhyun feels more nervous than on the day of Exo debut. He is sitting inside the CEO office. He’s kind of glad that the CEO is no longer Kim Young Min. It’s been ten minutes or so since he sat there with heart drumming hard and butterflies in his stomach. The new CEO, Nam Soyoung, has been scrolling through social media to see how it’s going in the fandom. 

From what he heard, the PR team said that the majority of the fans and netizens still doubt the news is true. So it’s quite positive. Jihye’s friend from the US already posted many photos with Jihye so it helps a lot to prove that she wasn’t even in Korea at that time. But of course there are still many who believe the news. 

“We don't know how the public will react, it could be positive if we ONLY deny the news.” Nam Soyoung said. She puts down the tab on the coffee table in front of her. “There’s still a big risk that people will dig around about your relationship with Miss Lee. If we announce your relationship too, it can cause confusion in public. They will still think that she was the reason why you and Kim Taeyeon-ssi broke up.” 

Jihye did mention it to him before. By doing this, Baekhhyun is really ready to receive all the consequences and all the hate he surely receives. He won’t back down. He needs to do this sooner or later. “I will give them a detailed explanation by myself. I already talked about this with Mr. Lee and my members.” 

Nam Soyoung nods. “Samsung also just confirmed to us and said that they won’t release any statement about this because this matter doesn’t have anything to do with their business.” She adds. Samsung won’t release a statement? Jihye doesn't say anything about this to him. Knowing her, she won’t want to involve her family in this matter. 

“So you still want to announce your relationship?” Nam Soyoung asks once again. Baekhyun nods firmly. “Yes. Please help me just this once.” He pleads as he bows his head. “But we are going to make it as if you just got into the relationship. Our PR will take care of it and contact Miss Lee directly. You can leave now.” 

Baekhyun stands up and bows to her. “Thank you very much Mrs. Nam.” With that Baekhyun leaves the room. Once outside he let out a sigh of relief. Now he just needs to prepare what he’d tell his fans. He knows that everything will become chaotic but he has Jihye. They’ll get through this together. It’ll be fine.

***

“I STILL THINK THAT YOU SHOULD ASK OUR PR TO DENY THE NEWS FOR YOU!” Jisung yells from outside of her room. Jihye turns up the volume of her speaker. This morning, she came to her father's house to discuss the ridiculous news. She already prepared herself to receive her father's wrath but surprisingly, he offered to help her. Of course Jihye refused it but Jisung still thinks that she should use Samsung PR to deny the news. Like what for? It’s her problem and has nothing to do with  Samsung.

And after discussing the news with the family, her mom asked her to stay the night because it’s been a long time since the last time she visited there. Jihye agreed because she was too lazy to drive back to her apartment. But she kind of regrets it now. Jisung keeps bugging her about the matter. She really wants to send him back to California. Afterall, she already told the SM’s PR team that she won’t involve Samsung in this.

With a sigh, Jihye returns her attention to her laptop screen. Jihye is tracing the source of rumors. It’s weird no matter how she thinks about it. How can the news about her being Exo’s friend evolve into the news of her being the third wheel in BaekYeon’s relationship? It’s really odd. 

After more than two hours of searching, she finds the first portal who posts the news. There’s one similarity of the news, they said that the info is from the idol’s close friend. Who? Who is that person?

She had talked about this matter with Baekhyun earlier when he called to tell her about their plan tomorrow.

Gosh…

It’s tomorrow. 

For over seven years, Jihye often imagined what she’d say if she ever dated him and the public finds out. She already had the perfect speech inside her head but now that it really happened… Boom. Everything is gone. Jihye sighs tiredly as she closes her laptop. She should sleep so that she can think clearly tomorrow.

Jihye walks towards her bed and plops down. She stares at the sky painted ceiling of her room. Inside her head, she tries to imagine how tomorrow will go. Baekhyun told her that SM will release their statement at eight in the morning so she should wake earlier than that. The statement will deny about her being the third person in Baekhyun and Taeyeon's past relationship and they will also announce their relationship. Then half an hour later, Baekhyun will post his apology letter for his fans.

How awful. They need to write an apology letter for dating. She didn’t think about how weird all of this was before but now that she needs to face it, it becomes so weird that they need to apologize to a complete stranger for dating. No matter how close the idols and fans' relationship are, in reality, they are still strangers. 

Another thing in her mind that she can’t stop thinking about is how SM suddenly agreed to announce their relation

Please log in to read the full chapter