Chapter 30: Seoul 2018

Skylight
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]30.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seoul,2018[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Even if you’ll burn my soul

I’ll love you the same with my ashes.

-Wewake-

[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

It feels like a dream. Having her so close to him like this is like a dream. Baekhyun can’t hold himself. Quietly he moves closer to her and stands behind her. He slips his arms around her waist and buries his face on her shoulder. Baekhyun wants to keep holding her like this. He gently sways their body while humming some random song.

“Oppa stop moving. I can cut myself.” Jihye protests. Baekhyun stops moving but still humming quietly. Jihye is in his apartment right now. She is making some dinner right now. She said that he’s too thin and now she’s on a mission to feed him. Baekhyun tightens his hold on her and presses his body closer; if that even possible. 

He loves this feeling. “I miss you.” He mumbles. Jihye chuckles. “That’s the nth time you say that to me.” She comments. Baekhyun raises his face from her shoulder. “But I do miss you.” He pouts. Jihye puts down the knife on her hand. She turns her body around to face him. Seeing her so close like this makes his cheeks turn pink involuntary. Why has she become even prettier than before? 

Jihye puts her hands on each of his shoulders. She stands on her toes and presses her lips on his cheeks. Baekhyun freezes. His eyes wide, his jaw hanging open. The ginger haired girl grins cutely at him and pats his cheeks. “Now just wait somewhere and stop bothering me.” Jihye says with a smile before pushing him out from the kitchen.

Baekhyun still tries to process everything. He stands in front of his kitchen with stupid face. “D-did she just k-kiss me?” He asks himself. He touches his left cheek. His face feels so hot. Baekhyun bites his lips to suppress his grin. But in the end, he can’t help it. He looks back to the kitchen and her pretty figure comes to his view. Baekhyun returns to the kitchen. With lightning speed he puts a big smooch on her right cheeks and bolts out before Jihye can even react. 

“BYUN BAEKHYUN!!!!”

***

Baekhyun dries the last plate he just washes and puts it on the rack. He can’t stop smiling this whole evening. When is the last time he feels this happy? He feels so light today. Baekhyun walks out from his kitchen and goes searching for Jihye. She is not in the living room anymore. He searches around his house and finds her standing alone on the balcony in his room. Baekhyun closes his room door. The sound of the door attracts her attention. Jihye turns around and smiles at him. 

Baekhyun mimics her smile. Baekhyun walks toward her. Seoul night air feels a little bit chilly today. “Hey.” She greets him softly. Baekhyun bites his lips. “Hey princess.” He greets her back. Baekhyun cups her cheeks with both of his hands. “Let me look at you Ji.” He whispers. He caresses her reddened cheeks with his thumbs. How he misses her. 

Baekhyun takes his time looking at her. His eyes slowly scan every feature of her face. She has grown up. The cute baby fat on her cheeks has gone. Jihye has changed but somehow the looks in her gray eyes are still the same as before. She has a smile on her lips but why do her eyes look so lonely? And he realizes how her eyes always look so lonely even if she always smiles around everyone.

From all those years he has known her, why does he never realize the lonely gaze she always had? He always thinks how beautiful her eyes are and always says how much he loves her eyes. But never realize the hidden emotion behind those stormy eyes. And it embarrasses him so much to say he knows her like t

Please log in to read the full chapter