Chapter 16

The New Pack

Yohan's eyes snapped open as he heard Wooseok wake up from another nightmare a few nights later. He sat up, looking at the time on the clock sitting on the console table in front of his bed and sighed, flopping back down onto his bed and burying himself into the blankets. He could hear Seungwoo console Wooseok, and then footsteps going passed his door as Wooseok headed downstairs again. Once the front door opened and closed Yohan got up, going to put on a shirt before leaving the room and heading over to Seungwoo and Wooseok's room.

"Another bad one," said Seungwoo as he noticed Yohan standing in the doorway after going to sit down at the desk in their room. "What's this idea that you think might work?" Asked Yohan. "Because sometimes I hear Hangyul get up too, and he's closer to my room than you two are," he said.

"It's something I've learned from Doyoung, who learned to control his nightmares," said Seungwoo. "I was going to get Wooseok to try it before he left the room but he refused," he said, sighing. "I think it's best to try it," said Yohan. "He's afraid to," said Seungwoo. "Dreams can be controlled to a certain extent," he said."But Wooseok doesn't want to try it," he said, sighing.

"What if I talked to him?" Asked Yohan. "You can give it a shot," said Seungwoo. "And see what he says but," he added, shrugging. "Who knows, he may try it if you convince him," he said. "I'll talk to him in the morning," said Yohan, his voice changing slightly as he yawned, covering his mouth with the back of his head.

It didn't go unnoticed by Seungwoo as he raised an eyebrow. "Alright," he said. "I'll go check on him before the night is over," he said. Yohan nodded, turning and walking back to his room, closing the door behind him.

 

~



In the morning found Eunsang back in the house after finally feeling like he would be fine without changing uncontrollably. "Welcome back to the land of being semi human," said Seungyoun as he met Eunsang on the stairs going up to the bedrooms. "Hey," Eunsang said with a grin. "I see you found the spare clothes we left you," said Seungyoun. "Yeah, but I still need a shower," said Eunsang as he maneuvered around Seungyoun and ran straight for his and Dohyun's shared room. Seungyoun let out a small chuckle before heading downstairs to find Wooseok working on breakfast with Hangyul.

"No sleep for either of you huh?" Asked Seungyoun as he leaned against the kitchen island. "Apparently not," Hangyul said as he stood at the stove. "Coffee's in the machine," said Wooseok as he went to make hot chocolate for the younger members of their pack. "Get tea out of the cupboard too," said Hangyul. "Yohan finally asked if I could make some for him instead of coffee," he said. "On it," said Wooseok as he went to grab the tea.

Everyone else made their way downstairs, with Dohyun, Dongpyo and Eunsang getting their cups of hot chocolate from Wooseok and Yohan getting his cup of tea.

"Ah," said Yohan as he turned to Wooseok. "Can we have a talk?" He asked. "Another one of your talks huh?" Asked Wooseok as he turned to Yohan. "If you don't mind," said Yohan. "Sure," said Wooseok.

"When are our hunters coming back?" Asked Seungyoun. "I don't know," said Yohan. "I would've gotten something by now at least, they must be in a spot where they can't send a message to us quickly," he said. "Or their factions need them for something," said Wooseok. "Sometimes if they're gone for longer than usual their faction leader needs them for something important," he said.

"Ah," said Seungyoun. "Like the big Italy run that used to happen every year," he said. "Something like that, yeah," said Wooseok. "Those were fun," said Seungwoo. "I remember going to scout months before a planned run to see what was going on," he said. "Mashiho never trusted anyone else, maybe because of Byungchan and I's reputation for finding people," he said.

"I've always had this question on my mind," said Dongpyo as he leaned against the kitchen island. "If you were the general, why did it look like Byungchan was always in charge?" He asked.

"I kept the pack in line," said Seungwoo. "I do have experience leading a pack," he said. "But out in the field, Byungchan was usually the one to take charge because he had a friendly front that was easier for people to approach," he said. "Officially I was the general, but Byungchan took charge when we were in the field due to his friendly nature," he said. "Any big decisions he usually leaves to me," he said. "I see," said Dongpyo.

 

~



"What did you need to talk to me about?" Asked Wooseok as he and Yohan took a walk around the property after breakfast. "Ah, well," said Yohan as he scratched the back of his head. "I wanted to talk to you about your nightmares," he said, his voice changing slightly again. "...Oh," said Wooseok, as he noticed a different, more commanding tone from Yohan.

"Everyone's concerned about you, you know?" Asked Yohan as he stopped and turned to Wooseok. "Seungwoo says he has a solution that might work," he said. "Just... Just try it alright?" He asked. "You don't have to if you don't want to, but I think it'd be easier on everyone, if you tried it," he said.

A mix of emotions crossed Wooseok's face before he schooled his expression to be blank. "Sure," he said, his voice flat and expressionless. "I'll give it a shot," he said. Yohan smiled slightly. "Thank you," he said his voice returning to normal, turning and continuing their walk, with Wooseok following after him.

"By the way," said Wooseok. "Congrats on awakening your alpha's voice," he said. "Eh?!" Asked Yohan as he blinked, freezing mid stride and stumbling. Wooseok chuckled lightly as he continued their walk. "Wait!" Said Yohan as he quickly caught up to Wooseok. "Don't just tell me I did that and walk away!" He said.

 

~



"Hangyul," said Yohan as he walked into the livingroom. "You want to have the same chat as you did with Wooseok?" Asked Hangyul. "If you don't mind," said Yohan. "Let's go sit outside then," said Hangyul as he nodded, getting up from the couch and grabbing his phone. They both went to put on their shoes before heading outside, going to sit on the porch swing.

"I hear you get up at night too you know," said Yohan. "I don't mean to wake you up," said Hangyul as he sighed. "I know," said Yohan. "But most of the time I'm awake when you head out," he said. "It's getting to the point where it's become predictable," he said. "What's keeping you up at night?" He asked.

"I just need to run, is all," said Hangyul. "Part of me still has issues from the time during the war, it's why I never joined a pack until now," he said. "So your animal form just needs to run?" Asked Yohan. Hangyul nodded. "I'm strangely disconnected from that side of me, but I blame the war for that," he said. "I'm not out every night, but I'm out every other week," he said.

"Maybe you can try to meditate, try and get reconnected with that side of you again," said Yohan. "You know, I haven't tried that yet," hummed Hangyul. "I'll get around to it," he said. Yohan nodded.