Chapter 17

The New Pack

Hangyul looked around the meadow he found himself in, having followed the instructions that Seungwoo had given him. For some reason, he had expected a completely different place, but he was fine with this. He walked until he saw his animal form up ahead, waiting for him. "Waiting for me huh?" He asked, pushing himself to run ahead, coming to a stop in front of his wolf form.

"I guess this is us reconnecting," he hummed, reaching out to pet the wolf on the head. Said wolf merely let out a low growl like sound, causing Hangyul to chuckle. "We are one in the same, you and I," said Hangyul. "Will you let me sleep now?" He asked. "I promise, we aren't in those times anymore," he said. "Will you let me become one with you?" He asked. When the wolf bumped Hangyul's hand Hangyul smiled a genuine smile. "Thank you," said Hangyul as he went to hug the wolf, everything fading to white around them both.

 

~



Hangyul opened his eyes, blinking a few times to come back to the world. Seungwoo was sitting on the bed beside him, a hint of concern in his eyes. "Did it work?" He asked. Hangyul propped up on his elbows, nodding. "How long was I out?" He asked. "Just a few minutes," said Seungwoo as he moved away, standing up. "Ah," hummed Hangyul as he fully sat up.

"Your wet dog smell became stronger," Seungwoo said, shaking his head. "I guess it worked then," Hangyul said with a small chuckle. Seungwoo managed to crack a small smile, nodding. "Wow, stone faced Seungwoo smiling? What?!" Hangyul asked, laughing lightly as he got up. "I do show emotions, sometimes," Seungwoo said with a scowl.

"No hard feelings yeah?" Asked Hangyul, earning a confused look from Seungwoo. "I mean, about before, during the war," he added. Seungwoo shook his head. "I've moved on," he said. "If we met on friendly terms, I'm sure we'd be better friends," he said. "But yes, no hard feelings," he said. Hangyul nodded, and left the room with Seungwoo following after him.

 

~



Wooseok flopped down on the porch swing with a sigh, being careful to not let it hit the wall behind the swing. Seungwoo went to sit at the opposite end of the swing, leaning against the arm of the swing.

"I am afraid to do this," confessed Wooseok. "Don't worry," said Seungwoo. "I'm here for you, as I always have been," he said. "Does that mean you finally admit that we are mates?" Asked Wooseok. "I never denied it," said Seungwoo. "But, you know that I still have my pure blood mate to find," he said. "I know," Wooseok said with a sigh. "Let's get this over with then," he said.

Seungwoo turned to Wooseok, who was staring at the forest on the left side of their property. He shook his head and reached out, taking Wooseok's hand and giving it an encouraging squeeze before taking a deep breath. Wooseok didn't move, but Seungwoo could tell that he was comforted by the gesture.

"Okay," said Seungwoo. "Relax, as much as you can," he said. "Close your eyes and imagine yourself in a meadow, or a snowy tundra or something, whatever is more comfortable for you," he said. "Now, imagine yourself in your animal form and you're surrounded by everyone you know," he said, once he saw Wooseok close his eyes. "Start running, leave your fears behind you," he said. "Encourage everyone to run with you, whatever it takes to leave the darkness behind you," he said. He heard Wooseok hum, before he fully relaxed in his seat.

Seungwoo allowed a rare gentle smile to appear as he gently moved Wooseok to lay down, laying his head in his lap. He shifted slightly to get more comfortable, propping his feet on the railing of the porch and gently moving the swing back and forth.

 

~



Yohan came outside to see how things went in the morning, spotting the two of them sleeping. He shook his head before turning and going back inside. "It worked then?" Asked Seungyoun as he met Yohan in the livingroom as he was going to start on breakfast. "Yeah," said Yohan. "And those two finally admitted they were mates it looks like," he said. Seungyoun shook his head in exasperation. "Those two, I swear," he said, going into the kitchen. Yohan went to let the others know to leave the two alone, before joining Seungyoun in the kitchen to help with breakfast.

Everyone stumbled into the kitchen a few minutes later, except for Wooseok and Seungwoo. It didn't go unnoticed by the others as Yohan told them to be quiet, his alpha's voice ringing loud and clear and causing even Dohyun to pause in his playful banter with Eunsang.

"Leave them be for today okay?" Asked Yohan. "Wooseok especially," he said. "Those two need to work things out between them, but leave them be," he said. Everyone nodded to the order, and Yohan smiled lightly, turning back to the coffee maker to get everyone's drinks made.

 

~



Wooseok returned to the waking world a few hours later, blinking as he noticed where he was. He sat up, turning when he heard Seungwoo chuckle. "Comfortable eh?" Asked Seungwoo as a teasing glint showed in his eyes. "Oh shut up," grumbled Wooseok as he moved back to sitting at the other side of the swing.

"So," said Seungwoo. "We have a lot to think about don't we?" He asked. Wooseok hummed in response. "You heard him," said Seungwoo. "His alpha's voice seemed to be what woke you," he said. "He has that affect on people," said Wooseok. "Remember what you said," said Seungwoo.

"Yeah, that I'd leave when his alpha's voice activated," said Wooseok. "Would you leave though?" Asked Seungwoo. "I've given it a lot of thought," said Wooseok. "I think I may stay a little longer," he said. "But I know I have to return the old pack," he added. "To prepare for my permanent departure," he said.

"I can't stay here forever," said Seungwoo. "I know," said Wooseok. "Which, is why I think when the time comes I will go back with you," he said. "If you will let me," he said. Seungwoo nodded. "I'm fine with that," he said. Wooseok hummed, nodding.