Chapter 6

The New Pack

Hyeongjun often wondered why he was put into the same room as Minhee. It wasn't like he didn't mind being in the same room as the vampire hunter, but it made him wonder what was going through Yohan's head when he decided to make them roommates. He guessed that it had to do with them being gone a lot, as missions had them gone for most of the year depending on where they both went.

"How are you doing?" Asked Yohan as he went grocery shopping with Hyeongjun. "Doing fine," said Hyeongjun. "I've been wondering," he said. "Why did you group Minhee and I together?" He asked.

"I figured why not," said Yohan as he shrugged. "You two are the hunters in the group," he said. "Since the others are roommates and all," he added. "Everyone chose who their roommates would be while you two were gone so," he said, shrugging again. "Oh," said Hyeongjun.

"Are you unhappy with the arrangement?" Asked Yohan. "No no," said Hyeongjun as he shook his head no. "I'm fine with it," he said. "I assumed you were doing it because it was easier to group the hunters together," he said. Yohan shook his head. "Everyone chose their roommates, you can even ask the others to get a confirmation," he said. "We gave you the third biggest room in the house for compensation though," he said. "Right," said Hyeongjun.

"You said you were a veteran?" Asked Yohan as they went through the checkout line to pay for the food. "Yeah," said Hyeongjun. "How have missions been?" Asked Yohan. "I go for the more violent wolves," said Hyeongjun. "And I'm more needed when Wontak needs me," he said. "We work pretty well together, considering that it's just us in the faction," he said. "If I get missions it's usually by myself but I do find myself working with him," he added. "I see," said Yohan.

 

~



Eunsang was still undecided on what he would end up changing into. It was still quite a while before he would feel the first signs of the change according to Wooseok so he figured that he still had some time before he would begin to think about his animal form. He did have a lot of options to choose from, so he took his time to figure out what to change into.

"How are you doing?" Asked Yohan as he went to stand beside Eunsang as he was standing on the dock overlooking the small lake on their property. "I'm fine," said Eunsang. "Why do you ask?" He asked. "You've been avoiding everyone lately," said Yohan as he shrugged. "I thought I'd check on you, since even Dohyun couldn't get a conclusive answer from you," he said.

"Sometimes I feel like the outsider," said Eunsang. "Because of my family's history," he added. "My family got to choose their animal forms so that leaves a burden on me," he said. "I don't know what I'll end up being," he said. "So it makes it harder for me to expect it," he said.

"Well," Yohan said after contemplating what to say. "I'm not sure what you'll end up being either," he said. "But whatever you do end up being, I'm sure will be the right choice for you," he said. Eunsang hummed in response.

"Did you even know of your family being shapeshifters?" Asked Eunsang. "No," said Yohan. "I'm pretty sure I'm the first," he said. "A recessive gene maybe? I dunno why no one before me started changing," he said. "But my parents knew of our world, so I'm sure they were understanding when Seungyoun showed up at their house to explain that I would be changing very soon," he said.

"How Seungyoun found all of us I don't know," said Eunsang as he leaned against the railing. "I thought he was crazy to do this at first, but I like being in this pack," he said. "I don't have to face my parents when they ask when I'll start changing," he said. "You'll get there," said Yohan. "Take your time, when the time comes I'm sure you'll make the right decision," he said. Eunsang nodded.

 

~



Minhee found that walking around their giant property brought a sense of calmness. He wasn't sure why, but he chalked it up to having so much land thanks to Seungyoun's old pack. The younger ones would start changing soon, and ever since Dongpyo started changing everyone had kept a closer eye on Eunsang and Dohyun.

Training with Junho was going well, and his animal form's size was getting bigger every week it seemed so Wooseok was positive that Junho wouldn't need a partner when it came to fighting larger opponents. It was too early for him to face larger opponents like Wooseok, but Minhee would have to talk to Wooseok about letting Junho try his hand at fighting someone like Hyeongjun or Hangyul soon.

"Junho's been looking for you you know," called Yohan as he walked over after following the trail that Minhee took when he did his daily walks. "Ah, sorry," said Minhee as he turned to look at Yohan. "What did he need me for?" He asked. "He wants to try and fight someone bigger than you," said Yohan, earning a snort from Minhee.

"Yeah, and let him get squished?" Asked Minhee. "Not happening yet," he said. "I can see him fighting Hangyul and winning, but someone like you or Wooseok? Not happening," he said. "I told him that," said Yohan. "He wants to try and fight Seungwoo," he said.

"...Come again?" Asked Minhee as he blinked. "He wants to try and fight Seungwoo," Yohan said, scratching the back of his head. "Ah..." Said Minhee as he blinked several times. "I don't think he's ready to take on a werewolf yet," he said. "What does Seungwoo say?" He asked. "I haven't talked to him about it yet," said Yohan as he sighed. "But I'll ask him," he said. Minhee nodded.

"Anyway," said Yohan. "I wanted to know how you were doing," he said, as he and Minhee continued walking. "I'm doing fine," said Minhee as he shrugged, putting his hands in his pockets. "Missions aren't wearing me down, I do like having these long breaks inbetween missions," he said.

"Dongmyeong's a good faction leader," hummed Yohan. "He tries his best," said Minhee as he nodded. "Now that there's more than just him, Hwanhee and Xion he tries to divide missions between the four of us," he said.

"What do you think of the roommate situation?" Asked Yohan. "I'm fine with it," said Minhee. "Hyeongjun and I make sure to keep our rooms clean, and such," he said, shrugging. "He once asked me what you were thinking when you made us roommates, but I figured that everyone else had their roommates already so it just left us to one room," he said. "Yeah," said Yohan. "Sorry about that," he said, scratching the back of his head. "It's okay," said Minhee, shaking his head.