Chapter 9

The New Pack

"He wants to do what?" Asked Seungwoo as he turned to Yohan in confusion. "Junho wants to try fighting you," said Yohan. "Is he crazy?" Asked Seungwoo. "I'm one of Kris's top generals for a reason," he said. "The only other person that's stronger than me is Jinyoung," he said. "It's a spar," said Yohan. "So he thinks you won't take it too far," he said. Seungwoo's expression turned ice cold as he narrowed his eyes. "It's not happening," he said.

"Okay, that's fine," said Yohan. "Don't be alarmed when he still asks," he said. "He is still determined to try and spar with you," he said. Seungwoo nodded, his expression softening just a little bit. "Sorry," he said. "It's okay," said Yohan. "Do you need me for anything else?" Asked Seungwoo. "No, that's it," said Yohan. "I'm going for a run then," said Seungwoo. "Go ahead," said Yohan as he nodded. Seungwoo nodded and left, going to change and run around in his wolf form for a few hours.

 

~



"I told you it was a bad idea to ask Seungwoo," said Wooseok as he sat beside Yohan and Junho who were sitting on the couch watching a movie. "I just wanted to see if he would say yes," said Junho.

"Why are you so determined to spar against him?" Asked Yohan. "Out of everyone I haven't seen him fight yet," said Junho. "I know it's probably because he doesn't want to seriously injure any of us but," he said, shrugging. "You want to see what really makes him the top general," finished Wooseok. Junho nodded. "As a fighter I need to learn to fight other opponents, and well," he said, shrugging. "Makes some sense," hummed Wooseok.

Chan came downstairs with Minhee, causing Yohan to look towards the stairway. "Heading home?" Asked Yohan. "Yeah, I need to get back," said Chan. "Have a safe trip," said Wooseok. "I have missions," said Minhee. "Need someone to take you two to the airport?" Asked Yohan. "Please," said Minhee. "I got it," said Wooseok as he got up and went to grab his shoes and keys. He then went to take them to the airport.

 

~



"Kid," said Seungwoo as he stood in the doorway to Junho and Dongpyo's room, causing Junho to look towards the door. "Can we have a talk?" He asked. "Ah, sure?" Asked Junho as he went to grab his phone. "Don't be too harsh on him hyung," Dongpyo called from his spot on his bunk. "I'll try not to," said Seungwoo as Junho walked over. They left the room, going downstairs to put on their shoes before heading outside to sit on the porch swing.

"What kind of stupid idea was it to try and fight me, even in a spar?" Asked Seungwoo after a few minutes of silence. "I- I never saw you fight before," said Junho. "When everyone has their spars you just stay in the sidelines to make sure no one got too seriously hurt," he said.

"So you want a spar because you want to see how I fight?" Asked Seungwoo. "No no," said Junho. "Eventually I'm going to have to learn how to fight other species," he said. "I thought I'd see how you fight so I can learn how to fight against a werewolf," he said.

"Why not learn from Hyeongjun?" Asked Seungwoo. "He wouldn't be able to teach me anything," said Junho. "Hangyul would be the same way as his animal form is just a giant wolf, and Seungyoun isn't a fighter," he said. "And I can't learn from just watching, I need to do the fighting myself," he said.

"Tell you what," said Seungwoo as he shifted in his seat, sliding forward slightly as he crossed his left leg over his right knee. "I'm not going to fight against you, but I can ask a pack member of mine to come over," he said. "If they're not busy anyway," he added. "If you seem so determined to spar with me, will you be alright with this compromise?" He asked. "Yes," said Junho. "I'm sorry for asking you," he said, sighing.

"It's alright," said Seungwoo. "I was anticipating when you were going to ask, but I didn't think you'd ask this soon," he said. "Who will I be fighting?" Asked Junho. "Someone I trust," said Seungwoo. "I'll need to get Yohan's permission to let them come over first but," he said, shrugging. "It won't be that hard," he said. Junho nodded.

"I want one thing though, before we proceed with this," said Seungwoo. "Wooseok, Hyeongjun and I observe the fight to make sure that nothing gets too crazy," he said. "I was going to ask Wooseok if he'd come watch the fight to make sure nothing happened," said Junho. "And I know that Hyeongjun would need to be there," he added. "So, that's fine," he said. Seungwoo nodded.

 

~



"A compromise?" Asked Yohan as he was making dinner with Seungwoo. "Yeah," said Seungwoo. "Do you really think you'd hurt him though?" Asked Yohan. "Believe me, I didn't become Kris's top general for the way I handle things," said Seungwoo.

"Hyeongjun's not going to be too pleased with more werewolves coming to visit," said Yohan. "I'll tell Subin to behave," said Seungwoo. "Besides, Seungsik's coming with him," he said. "They had to do a Europe run, so it was perfect timing," he said. Yohan hummed in response.

"Dinner," called Seungwoo, causing everyone to rush into the kitchen to get their share of food. Everyone then went to sit at the kitchen table to eat, having small chats here and there.

"So we're getting visitors huh?" Asked Hyeongjun. "Junho's determined," said Seungwoo. "So we made this compromise," he said. "You and your damn determination," Wooseok said with a shake of his head.

"When are they going to be here?" Asked Yohan. "Within the next couple days," said Seungwoo. "Subin's not going to be fighting however, Seungsik is," he said. "Out of everyone, he is the second strongest, with me being the strongest fighter," he said. "You think that's a good idea?" Asked Yohan. "Seungsik knows when to hold back," said Seungwoo. "If it was Hanse or Chan that was coming, that'd be a different story," he said. "There's a reason they rarely leave the territory," he said.

"You praise him well," remarked Yohan. "Seungsik's been one of the best betas I ever had," said Seungwoo. "In terms of experience as an alpha however, that title would go to Byungchan," he said. "It's why he became temporary general," he added. "I see," said Yohan.

"What are they like?" Asked Junho. "Subin's the youngest in my side of the pack," said Seungwoo. "Don't let that fool you though, Subin's a great fighter, and a medic on the side," he added. "Seungsik is a tracker by trade, but his ability as a fighter makes even me wary of pissing him off sometimes," he said.

"Sounds like a werewolf I'd get sent after," said Hyeongjun. "Unfortunately for you," said Seungwoo. "They are a part of Kris's pack, so be wary of that," he said. "I know I know," said Hyeongjun.