Epilogue

The New Pack

"Aw, you guys are leaving," said Dongpyo as Seungwoo and Wooseok prepared to leave, waiting on their train to arrive at the station. "I wish we could stay a bit longer," said Wooseok as he scratched the back of his head. "But Seungwoo needs to get back to his pack," he said. "We'll keep things going here," said Yohan. "Stay safe yeah?" He asked. Wooseok nodded. "I had a good time, being here," he said. "Good luck to you then," he said. Yohan nodded.

"Time to go," said Seungwoo as he walked over, a horn sounding as their train arrived. "Have a safe trip," said Yohan as he looked at Seungwoo. The corners of Seungwoo's lips went up in a smile as he nodded. "Yeah, good luck here," he said. "We'll come visit soon," he said. "Whoa!" Gasped Dongpyo. "Stone faced Seungwoo finally smiled," he said with wide eyes, earning a chuckle from Wooseok. "Bye then," he said. Yohan nodded, waving them off as Wooseok and Seungwoo got on the train to leave. Yohan and Dongpyo waved to them again as the train left the station a few minutes later.

"I'm going to miss them," said Dongpyo. "Yeah, me too," said Yohan as he shook his head. "Well, let's go wait on Minhee and Hyeongjun," he said, turning to Dongpyo. Dongpyo nodded, and left with Yohan, going to wait on one more train by sitting on one of the benches.

 

~



"Oi, did you forget about us?" Asked Minhee as he and Hyeongjun stepped onto the platform an hour after Wooseok's train left. "Hey you two," said Yohan as he got up and walked over with Dongpyo. "You just missed Wooseok and Seungwoo leaving," he said. "Aw," said Hyeongjun. "If you had gotten here probably like an hour and a half ago you would've been able to say goodbye," said Yohan. "Ah well, I know we'll see them again," said Minhee. Hyeongjun nodded.

"Did Dohyun start changing yet?" Asked Minhee. "He's a lynx," said Yohan. "He wanted to become a fighter, but he found himself being better off as a messenger so he's being taught by Seungyoun who is still teaching Eunsang," he said. "I got to skip out today, because I did well on yesterday's stealth mission," Dongpyo said, puffing his chest out in pride. "Good job," Hyeongjun said with a chuckle.

"Did Junho ever get to spar against Wooseok before he left?" Asked Minhee as Yohan drove them home. "He did," said Yohan. "Managed to win too, the kid's a natural fighter," he said. "Nice, not too shabby for him," said Minhee. "He's been wanting to fight Wooseok in a spar for a long time now," he said.

"What about Seungwoo?" Asked Hyeongjun. "Seungwoo still refuses," said Yohan. "But he did fight Mingi once," he said. "Really?" Asked Hyeongjun. "How'd that go?" He asked. "As horrible as one would expect," said Dongpyo. "He tried," he said. "But Mingi just swiped him off to the side like he was made of paper," he said. "Mingi's perfect for spars apparently," said Yohan. "He doesn't take any damage so he just sits there and becomes a training dummy," he said.

When they got home everyone welcomed Hyeongjun and Minhee back, and life returned to normal for the most part. Wooseok and Seungwoo's room became a guest room, since no one wanted to stop being roommates. The younger members of the pack worked to make the older members proud of them, and Yohan worked hard to gain the respect of everyone, including those in the alliance that he was now a part of.

 

~



Yohan leaned against the railing on the dock, enjoying a quiet afternoon by himself as he took a break from everything for an hour or two. He felt proud of the way things had gone for his pack and the territory in general. Being a young alpha of a pack this large was hard, but he made it work by making sure everyone was doing fine, and taking care of the new information network he managed to gain from interacting with neighboring packs around the country.

"You're alone," came a voice, causing Yohan to turn towards it, spotting Yeosang walking onto the dock. "Yeah, for now," said Yohan as he nodded. "And I was alone before you showed up," he said. Yeosang shook his head in amusement, going to stand beside Yohan and lean against the railing.

"What brings you here?" Asked Yohan. "Mingi's here for another spar with Junho," said Yeosang. "Ah, I see," said Yohan. "Not going to watch the fight?" He asked. "Seonghwa is with him," said Yeosang. "I see," hummed Yohan.

"So," said Yeosang. "How long do you think it'll be before Seonghwa realizes that his mate is one of your 'shifters?" He asked. "Hangyul is cold as hell towards everyone, it'll be a while," said Yohan as he shrugged. "He'll ignore it until Seonghwa says something," he said. "So good luck with that," he said with a chuckle.

"Who has the contract now?" Asked Yohan. "I do, it's on my wrist," said Yeosang. "How did that transfer work anyway?" Asked Yohan. "He just let me touch the area the tattoo was in with my wrist and it transferred," Yeosang said, shrugging. "I see," said Yohan.

 

~



"Seonghwa's staying here for a bit," called Mingi as he walked over to the dock after his spar with Junho. "He wants to work things out with Hangyul," he said. "Cool," said Yeosang. "I need to hunt, so talk with Yohan here," he said, before rushing off to hunt.

"How long did he know?" Asked Mingi as he went to stand beside Yohan. "Ever since we met you guys," Yohan said, shrugging. "Welp," said Mingi. "I guess Seonghwa is staying then, it explains why he asked to transfer contracts," he said. Yohan hummed in response.

"Well," said Mingi as he looked off towards the forest. "I am going now, keep Seonghwa out of trouble yeah?" He asked. "Sure sure," Yohan said with a chuckle. Mingi chuckled lightly before sprinting off.