: Changed plans~

Minhyuk's Noona~ 

 

“…and one and two, three, four, five and six, seven, eight…” I landed in the floor as planned and then looked at Wooyoung and EunSung, “is it okay?” I asked. They both nodded, looking speechless.

“Was that something you just came up with?” EunSung asked, “or something you’ve practiced before?” I smiled and got back on my legs.

“I knew the moves but I just mixed them together,” I said, “but I can’t deny that I’ve played with the thought of this kind of choreography before…” The dance me and Wooyoung had to do was a mix between pair-dance and solo stage. Like, we danced together and then one of us would go forward and show of something. The idea sounded good and both of us were ready for it.

“Can you dance… uhm, like b-boy?” Wooyoung asked curious. I nodded.

“I know some basics of it. A classmate of Julliard was awesome at it,” I smiled, remembering the times we used to hang out and dance. He wasn’t a big talker so the music was always really loud. It was good times…

“Can you show us?” EunSung asked impressed, “I haven’t with my own eyes, seen a girl do b-boy moves…” I laughed. This was already comfortable.

“Well, I have to prepare a bit for it. Another time maybe,” I said and started stretching. It was already getting late.

“So, do you want to choreograph this yourself?” EunSung asked, “or do you want some help from me?” I looked at Wooyoung with a smile.

“Can we make the choreograph?” He tilted his head.

“A bit help from her maybe but I think we’ll be able to make the most of it us selves…” he smiled. I nodded.

 

“Where is it CN Blue are living?” EunSung asked when the practiced had finished that day. I smiled and told her the address. She nodded.

“You can live with them until it’s confirmed that you’ll be the new member… I mean, if you success, something I’m sure you will,” she smiled, “then you have to move in with your future band mates.” I nodded and took a sip of my water.

“Yeah…” then I came to think of something, “excuse me… but am I going to be a sub-vocal or rapper or something in the group? I mean, today you have to use your voice in some way on stage…” EunSung nodded.

“We’ll take a look at your voice abilities if you pass,” she winked, “don’t worry about it already…”

“I have to go,” Wooyoung announced and let us know that he actually still was here… he had been kind of quiet since we finished. EunSung looked at him.

“Okay. You have a practice again in two days,” she said, “come up with some ideas for the dance until then, okay?”

 

I took the bus home from practice. No one was home when I entered the dorm and since I wasn’t in the mood for making dinner I ordered a pizza after checking that the guys wouldn’t be home before late that night.

“I could do the laundry?” I mumbled to myself as I saw that big bunch of dirty clothes that was thrown in the corner of the living room. Then I shook my head. No. Not today… I yawned and went to my room to get my guitar. I could practice a bit until the pizza would be here.

Lately I had improved a lot! I was able to play a song without pause now and both do tabs and finger play. Just as I was getting started, my phone started calling. I found in my pocket and wondered. Why was JYP calling me? I had just left the building and now they were calling me? I answered it and put it on speakerphone, too lazy to lift it to my ear.

“Hello?” I said, “it’s Kang Minhee.”

“Kang Minhee-ssi? It’s Park Jinyoung,” the answer sounded. I widened my eyes. Why…?!

“Sunbaenim… hello,” I said, “why…”

“Am I calling? Something urgent came up,” he answered, “and I would like to tell you this as fast as possible since it’s a principe I have. To tell people things as soon as possible, I mean.” I bit my lip. What could it be?

“I… I’m listening,” I said, “please tell me…”

“Your stage got pushed two weeks forward since the group you’re going to debut with – if you pass – is going to debut before this year ends which gives us three months. That also means that 2PM won’t be here but in Japan and you have to do a solostage. Do you think you can do it?” I gaped. So much information! Okay, one by one…

  1. My stage got pushed two weeks forward.
  2. The group I was going to debut with was going to debut before year ends. Three months.
  3. No Wooyoung.

I pretty much got it now, didn’t I?

“I… am I going to do it alone?” I asked, “I… I’ll do my best!” I had promised myself this morning that I would do this no matter what and I was going to do it. No doubt. And two weeks? At Julliard we sometimes only had two days to prepare a dance!

“Ouh, great! Come by my office tomorrow at 10am then. I wanna talk to you,” he said. I bit my lip.

“Neh subaenim… and thanks for the trust,” I said, “lots of trainees must be disappointed in your decision of choosing me…” I heard him chuckle.

“Help me to prove that I made the right choice. 10am, Minhee-ssi. Goodbye.”

 

“HOME! Noona, are you sleeping?!” I opened my eyes and groaned. I just fell asleep. Stupid Minhyuk…

“I was,” I mumbled, loud enough for him to hear, “aish…” The four members entered the living room where I had fallen asleep.

“You were sleeping?” Jonghyun asked with a smile. I nodded.

“I was… until Minhyuk decided to wake me up,” I yawned and sat up, “how was your day?”

“Fine. But I’m more curious about yours!” Minhyuk sat down in front of me, “what are you going to dance?” I smiled a bit and rubbed my eyes.

“I… I was going to dance with 2PM’s Wooyoung-” I started but got interrupted.

“Wooyoung-ssi?! A hallyu-star?! But you haven’t even made your debut yet and you’re going to-” I threw a pillow after my brother. I was always a bit annoyed when I got woken up this way…

“Will shut up so I can finish?” I asked and rolled my eyes, “it got cancelled. I’m going to perform a solo stage in two weeks and if I succeeds we’re going to debut before this year end.”

 

“Park Jinyoung’s office?” I asked the lady in the receptionist. It wasn’t the same as my first day here, that was obvious. This one looked older, really snoppy – like those you see in American movies – and her voice was close to make me hit her.

“Who are you? Do you have an appointment?” she asked. I tried not to answer too harsh but this kind of lady… let’s just say that her existing wasn’t my pleasure.

“Kang Minhee. Park Jinyoung-ssi asked me to be here at 10am,” I send her a tiny ironic smile and she checked something on her computer.

“3rd floor, second door at left.” She then said. I looked at her.

“Mwo-”

“Take the elevator to the 3rd floor,” she now looked at me, “his office is second door at left. Do you think you can find it?” I clenched my fists and nodded.

“Yes.” I turned around and left without more words. I heard her mumble something behind, what I don’t know and really, I don’t care either.

“Minhee-ssi?” The door to the elevator opened and out stepped four guys. I recognized one of them as Jo Kwon. I bowed.

“Annyeonhaseyo,” I said, “it’s nice to meet you again.” Jo Kwon-ssi smiled to me.

“It’s nice to meet you too! How is it going?” I smiled back at him.

“Perfectly fine, thank you. I’m going to meet Park Jinyoung-ssi in,” I checked the time, “five minutes…”

“With Jinyoung hyung? Why?” He asked surprised. The three other guys seemed to listen too…

“My stage got changed. I have two weeks to prepare a solo-stage,” I said, smiling a bit, “he wanted to discuss the details or something…”

“Two weeks? Can you do it?” one of Jo Kwon’s friends asked, “I’m Im Seulong by the way. Nice to meet you,” he smiled. I bowed.

“Nice to meet you too Seulong-ssi,” I smiled, “and yes, I can do it. I can finish the dance for tomorrow if I want to. It shouldn’t be a big problem.”