Childhood Memories

This I Promise You

 

1956781w772bje82l.gif

 

"Sungmin, when I reach 18, promise me that I'll be your girlfriend, okay?"

"Of course, Sunny. You're my first girlfriend when that time comes."

 

I remember the conversation between me and Sunny back then. We were both 8 years old that time and it sure was a long time ago. Sunny is my first love, and no one except her lingered in my heart. Ten years have passed and the feeling stays the same. I've waited so long for this and I think this it the right time. A few weeks from now and she'll turn 18. I wanted to make that day special, I really do.

By the way, let me tell you about myself. I am Lee Sungmin, 18 years old. I have a best friend named Sunny and we've been friends since birth. I like her, and I know she likes me too. Haha. Who wouldn't wanna be in love with me? Just kidding. My mom and I are friends with her parents and they live next to our house. I know everything about her, from her favorite foods to her Math grades. I know she likes sweets and milk and she knows that I love hamburgers. We know everything about each other. The only thing she doesn't know is my plan for her birthday. 2 weeks from now and she'll be 18. Time passes swiftly. Little did I know that my little princess will turn into a beautiful lady soon.

I remember when we were still kids. We used to climb trees and watch the sunset together. During summer, we go to the beach, collect seashells and make our sandcastles together. She even cries whenever I take her shells away from her. I really missed this. And during winter, we would go outside and make snow angels. One thing I like about our friendship is that it never fades. Well you see, as we reach puberty, most guys and girls feel awkward with each other and stereotyping begins. Good thing it didn't happen to us. The bottomline is, we're friends forever.

When I was 14, I had a strange feeling whenever she's around. I would smile and my eyes would light up! Seeing her.. Sunny with her dark brown eyes, cute face and fair complexion. Little did I know that this was love.