Chapter 10

1004

 

[Peniel’s POV]

Kiseop Hyung, im sorry to betray you but I have to do this. You have to tell her yourself. I will give you support Hyung. And you Hwayoung, I hope you are strong enough to overcome this.”

“Errrm, Peniel, why are we at the…. Hospital?”

“Wait here.”

“Excuse me miss may I know Lee Kiseop is at which ward?”

“Oh he is at Ward 13”

“Thank you.”

“Hwayoung! Kaja”

Peniel asked Hwayoung to wait outside ward 13 while he went inside to look for Kiseop.

“Hyung? Kiseop Hyung?”

Suddenly, Peniel’s phone rang.

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Is this Shin Peniel?”

“Nae, nugu sae yo?”

“This is from Incheon Hospital. I am calling regarding Lee Kiseop’s condition.”

“Nae, what is wrong with him? Im at Incheon Hospital now.”

“That’s great, you might want to see him now. His condition is really bad. This may be your last chance to see him.”

“Which ward?”

“ICU”

“Thank you sir”

Peniel rushed out of ward 13, he pulled Hwayoung’s wrist and they ran to ICU.

“Ya! what gotten into you? Yah!”

“Just follow me. Im doing this for your own good.”

They reached the ICU and went to look for the doctor in charge.

“Excuse me, are you Shin Peniel?”

“Yes, yes I am? Which room is he in now?”

“This room. The both of you need to go to the other room to wear the needed attire then you both can enter this room.”

The both of them wore the necessary attire and went inside.

“Peniel, who is this?”

Peniel ignored her question and went straight to the bed.

“Hyung, Hwayoung is here. You explain to her everything. I’ll wait ouside. Hwayoung, come here. Talk to him while you have the time to”

Hwayoung walk towards Peniel and sat down at the chair. Kiseop grabbed her hand and said

“Hwayoung ah. Happy Birthday and I’m sorry for not telling you the truth.”

“KISEOP OPPA? OPPA WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?”

“Hwayoung im sorry, Im am suffering from lung cancer and I don’t know till when I can see you again. I was planning to avoid you and disappear but Peniel interrupt my plan and brought you here instead. Peniel found out about my illness when he saw me coughing blood the other day and we went to have some drinks so I told him everything.”

“Oppa, why ? Are you leaving me?”

“Im sorry…“ Kiseop closes his eyes before finishing his sentence.

“Op..pa…oppa… oppa… irona..” Hwayoung shakes Kiseop’s shoulder with never ending tears

“Oppa, irona ragu!! I said get up. Its not funny anymore. Ppali irona!”

Peniel entered the room after he heard Hwayoung shouting out loud. He pulled Hwayoung aside and called the doctor. Hwayoung stepped back and broke down, she leaned against the wall and squat down, crying endlessly. Peniel kept pressing the button until the doctor and nurse arrived.

The doctor came in and he asked Peniel and Hwayoung to wait outside. Peniel supported Hwayoung to stand and walk outside. They both sat down, not talking but crying. After a few minutes, the doctor came out and called Peniel.

“Doctor, Kiseop hyung is fine right? Right?”

“Peniel…. Im sorry but he didn’t make it.”

“What? Why? What kind of doctor are you?!”

“Peniel! think straight Peniel! You have to be strong for Hwayoung! She wouldn’t want to see you like this. It’ll make the situation much much worse.”

Peniel ignored what the doctor said and walked towards Hwayoung who was staring into space.

“Hwayoung ah..”

-SILENCE-

“Hwayoung ah..mianhae..”

“He is gone right? Its not your fault, theres no need to apologize. It was my fault for being too self-centred and did not take a look at my surroundings, not knowing what is happening. I was only thinking of myself, my own life. I should have just died with my parents’ back then. Why am I even alive? Im not even supposed to be alive. Im just a burned to everyone I met. Im a jinx”

“Hwayoung, are you thinking? Did you give any thoughts about what you just said? Are you?!”

“Just think about it, I was born then when I was 5, my parents died then I met Kiseop Oppa and now he left me, leave me in this nasty world. Are you going to leave me like they did?” Hwayoung turned to Peniel’s face with a sad face.

“Hwayoung ah…”

“If you are, then go. Im not gonna hold you back.”

“I wont leave, I promise”

Hwayoung chuckled. “Promise?” “Tch.. Kiseop Oppa did the same thing to, he promised but he left me.”

“Ryu Hwayoung, you have to face the fact that he left not because he want to. He left because God loves him more than we do. You have to be strong. You can turn to me if you want to. I’ll accept you with open arms. If you want Kiseop to be happy up there, you have to be happy first.”

“Are you doing this because you like me or are you feeling sympathy for me?”

“Feelings aside and no its not about sympathy. Im doing this because I am responsible for everything. Kiseop hyung gave me a big responsibility. Please Hwayoung, be strong.. for Kiseop Hyung”

 

 

Author's note.

JAJANGGGG~ Hows the story going so far? Comments pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee~ >_<