Rivals

Sweet moments with you..

 

 

 

“Yah! Yow fatty, how’s it going?” Ugh! Guess who’s calling that? Right, none other than the one and only Lee Donghae, my mortal enemy and rival since middle school. From academics to clubbing until Student Body President in High School.

The never ending bickering that leads up ‘till now. Can you believe that? I’ve been working at the marvellous place called City Hall as a Civil Servant and here comes the fish from the East Sea interrogating my territory. After few days, my boss told me I have a partner during field work and it’s none other than the biggest fish in the sea: LEE DONGHAE.

“What do you want? And stop calling me fatty, I’m not even fat AT ALL.” I said as I type my work on the computer.

“Middle School: 250 pounds. High School: 255 pounds, college: 200 pounds… And now: a hundred and ninety-five pounds. Yeap, you are still fat.” Donghae tease me as he put his hands on my shoulders and starts to be clingy. “Listen you, we’ve been rivals since middle school and it’s obvious that you know me and I know you and you know that I know that no one knows me better than the Ms. Kwon you..”

“What do you want from me aside from the never-ending food that you keep on stealing?” I muttered, not minding the arms and his presence as I continue encoding my work.

“You know Park Dara of the finance department right? Can you…” I think I know what this fish wants. Before he continues what he’s saying, I already cut him off.

“When, where, time?” I muttered again and get my notepad.

“What for?” He asked and looks at me, still making the weird skin ship.

“You want to check him out and since I’m your worst rival and a colleague slash friend slash not really close friend but ‘kinda close because were on the same career and department’, you want me to help you out to score the hot chick over there like what you do most of the time. Am I right Mr. LEE DONGHAE?” I said in satisfaction as I face him. I know where this thing goes. “And besides, you don’t even care at one point if he’s a noona or a donsaeng when it comes to your ‘need’.”

“I…ah..well…” He said and rubs his neck. “You can say that but …”

“Then it’s settle, let’s see..  Tomorrow night, 7pm at Seoul Tower, got it.” I said and write it on my notepad. “You can go now.”

“Okay. You make sure on that one. Oh, and bring GD too.” He said and taps my back.

“What does that supposed to mean?” I asked, raising a brow as I look at him.

“Double date. You and GD should be there and that’s final. Gotta go! Make sure of it.” Donghae said and went back to his table.

Seriously? A double date? The blue whale and Dara… then me and my big brother? ‘Isn’t that weird?’ I thought and take a glimpse of Donghae before I stand and walk out from the office to go to the finance department.

 

“Come on you! We’ll be late if you won’t go out this instance!” Jiyong-oppa called as he continue to knock on my door. “Kwon you!”

Can’t anymore take the never-ending knock of my brother, I immediately open the door and walk out from my room. “Let’s go.” I said and take a step when my brother holds my right arm.

“What are you wearing>” Oppa asked as he raised his eyebrow while looking at me in my olive-green cargo, white printed shirt and supra shoes.

“To their date.” I said and was about to take another step when he tightens the grip. “Oppa!”

“Get back inside and wear something decent.” He pushes me to my room and walks inside after pushing me. He rummages through my closet and saw a dress and throws it at me. “I’ll give a minute, change into this one and go downstairs. I’ll wait there.” He said and immediately went out, leaving the door close. What’s with him and dating? It’s still weird to date my older brother.

 

After I change, we went inside his car and drive off to Seoul Tower. When we got there, Donghae and Dara are already there waiting for us. We had a simple introduction wherein Dara and Jiyong introduce themselves to each other since they are the only ones who really don’t know each other. Not later than that, oppa immediately grabs Dara’s hand and they lead the way leaving me and Donghae behind.

We settle in a restaurant near Seoul Tower and had our dinner. After which, we went to the amusement park wherein Jiyong-oppa and Dara were nowhere to be found.

 

“Looking for your brother?” Donghae asked as we walk around.

“Duh? He sabotages your date.” I dryly said and look around. “Sorry for my brother. It’s your fault why he’s here in the first place.”

“No worries. Everything’s according to plan.” I hear Donghae said it and I immediately look at him.

“What plan?” I asked.

“Nothing. Let’s go ride to the Seoul Eye. Come on!” Just before I could protest, he already grabs my hand and immediately ran to the ride.

When we got there, we were the only ones who were in the room.

“Isn’t it quite weird why there’s only the two of us here in this cabin while there are a lot of people trying their best to at least breath on the cabins?” I said as I look to the other cabins through the window. Just as I scan through the crowd to the cabins and other rides, I found my brother and Dara riding a Ferris Wheels. “There they are!”

“Who?” Donghae asked and looks through the window.

‘”My evil brother and Dara.” I said pointing them. “I can call him for you to stop this stealing thing.”

“No need. Leave them as it is.” Donghae said as he turns back. “Like I said, everything is according to plan.”

“What plan?” I asked as I keep my eye on the two.

“Your brother has a huge crush on Dara since college and since I mention to him were of the same workplace, I help him look for ways to ask her out.” He said as he stands up and stand beside me. “Thanks to you, it’s a lot easier to set a date on that one.”

“You mean the date was intended for the two of them rather than the two of you?” He nods with my question. “Thank goodness! I really thought your being crazy letting me go on a date with my oppa.”

“That’s the first plan; now let’s move on to the next plan.” He said and I suddenly feel him grabs my hand.

“Yah fish, what are you doing?” I asked as I look at our hands. “This is getting awkward.” I pull out my hand but he holds it tighter. “Seriously man, you’re giving me a creep.”

“No I’m not.” He said and let me face him. “Kwon you, did I ever tell you that even though your my rival enemy, you are beautiful?”

“Nope. The only word that comes out from your mouth when you see me is fatty.” I replied and look at him. “What’s with the drama?”

“Then Ms. Kwon you, you are beautiful even if you become  bigger or not.” Donghae said as he takes a grip with my hands. “The attributes we see from the other girls are no doubt the ideals of almost all the male species. But unfortunately, I am not from that kind of fate. My ideals is the one I see in front of me.”

“Wh..what do you mean?” I’m shuttering as I look at our hands. Don’t tell me, it’s impossible, completely..”

“If you’re thinking that I, Lee Donghae, Prince of all the fishes in the sea, the mr.hottie of the Campus and Seoul City Hall,  liking you is impossible, I’m sorry to say but it is completely POSSIBLE.” Donghae said as he takes a moment to breath and I could feel he’s staring at me. “Your eyes, your cheeks, your nose, your lips, your face is like an angel to me. Ever since I met you in 7th grade, I can’t take my eyes off you. I didn’t fall from that pretty face of your but for who are you inside that body.”

“You fell in love with my… uh, internal organs?” I asked and earned a smack on the head. “Ouch! What was that for?”

“For being dumb and not using the brain correctly. How did they even pick you as class valedictorian and summa laude with that brain?” Donghae made a sigh and face me again. “A simply confession and you didn’t get it?”

“That was a….?” I trailed off and look at him. I was quite not into the idea for a minute or two. A simply confession? No freaking waaaaay! He just confessed to me? “HAHAHAHAH! Did you just confess to me? Like freakingly confess all the love in the world to me? HAHAHAHAH! Oh my gosh! This is sooo hilarious! Omo..oh my..oh my..” I still keep on laughing and then it hit me. “OHMYFREAKINGGOSH!” I yell and widen my eyes as I look at Donghae and pointed at me. He nods and I just tilt my head and hit my head. “This is sooo freaking weird. You really, then that means…oh my golly goosh!” I facepalm myself. “But I’m fat.”

“Yes. And for the record, I don’t give a damn about that weight of yours. For these fats..” He said and slaps my tummy and arms. “Is what makes me fall the most. I know this is too soon for you, but not for me. I’ve been saving all my years just to make this confession and to show your importance in this plan,” He said as he takes a very deep breath this time. “Kwon you, will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Without a doubt, I immediately gave a chase kiss to him in the lips. “Does that answer your question?”

 

_________________________________________

Do you like it you? I hope you do..

Dedicated to one of my friends who loves my hae-oppa and to whom I promise 

to make her a oneshot: kibumluvsme

..more oneshots to come!

Subscribe and Comment! 

 

<3baboiefrelin