Rumors aren't real

Sweet moments with you..

 

 

“Annyeong Haseyo!” I merrily greeted the people especially the workers of the café as I went inside. The café is packed with people, mainly students. It’s almost dinner and people might still be in the mood to lodge at my brother’s café. I immediately went in my brother’s office and saw him talking over the phone. I just wave at him when he saw me as I lay my bag on the couch and immediately went out to help.

“Good evening, Eunji, Bomi!” I happily greeted the girls on the counter as I wear my apron and get a cup to make a frappe when Kai immediately took it from me.

“What are you doing?” Kai asked as he looks at me from head to toe. “You aren’t supposed to be here.”

“Well, you guys are packed up so I need to be here.” I reasoned out and take the cup from him and started making the order.

“But Manager hyung said you can’t help this week.” He said but I didn’t mind.

“Relax! It’s the second to the last day of exam. I’m free as a bird!” I answered and put the drink on the counter and call for the name of the owner. “Now would you just stay there on the spot and lecture me or accept a helping hand for the sake of the mob?”

Turns out, he didn’t talk anymore and let me do the job. After the peak hours, the café ran smoothly and the most of the baristas are taking their breaks.

“You sure you’re okay with here alone?” They asked me and I just nod.

“Relax, take it from the pro!” I replied as I shove them all away to have their decent break. Minutes after, my best friend, Jieun, came in and order a    white mocha. After making her order while doing some chitchat, she settled on the seat nearby the bar. As soon as my brother saw me on the counter with the other baristas, he told me to take off my apron and go sit beside Jieun or to the office.

“But oppa! The university exams are done!” I whined but he didn’t listen.

“ALMOST young lady. You still have Physics tomorrow morning and English in the afternoon.” Leeteuk-oppa said as he pushed me outside the bar and takes away my apron.

“But-“

“No buts. Now, you can stay in the office to study or sit beside Jieun. Off limits to the bar until tomorrow.” After kicking me out, I went to the office and get my bag and settled in front of Jieun.

“Let me guess,” Jieun started teasing as I glare at her.

“Don’t even think about it.”

 

After a massive two hours of studying, I decided to relax and take a break. I went to the counter and lined up when a group of guys went in café and being too noisy. The group splits up, leaving three boys lining up while others might be looking for a table to settle in. They were blabbering things that I didn’t pay attention when I suddenly hear one of them mentioned Jieun’s name.

“She really is pretty and cute!”

“It must be lucky to be her boyfriend.”

“Beauty, brains and talent. What more can you asked for?”

I smiled from their admiration to my best friend. Truly, she is one talented girl and one of the popular girls in their university, especially that she’s an Engineering major. I was about to have my orders taken when I hear another comment they gave, but this time it’s not about Jieun.

 

“I heard her best friend is at the IT Department.”

“Wrong, it’s a combination of Math and IT I think. I’m not sure, but they say she’s a nerd.”

“Hey! Don’t talk about her like that.” One of the guy said “She’s a varsity too.”

“Of what? Pingpong or computer games?”

“I think her name was Jaejin or Jimin or something.”

“Guys, just stop it.” The guys laugh and I’m in the verge of tearing them apart as they talk offensive stuff about me when I get back to my senses as I see Eunji in front of me. 

 

“What’s your order Jae?”

“Green Tea Frappe and a Ham and Cheese Sandwich please.” I immediately pay my bill and asked Eunji nicely to bring my orders to the table. I think she got the idea that I’m pissed as she just smiled at me and gave me the look.

 

“Big binoculars, messy bun and a huge fan of Math and Computer like those are the ones existed. Just admit that your crush is a nerd -,”

“Actually it’s Mathematics with computer applications and you mistook my reading glasses for Big binoculars and don’t you think it’s kind of exaggerating to add big to binoculars when plainly speaking binoculars are already big? Although I admit that I am a huge fan of online games, but I’m also a striker in soccer who happen to beat your college during the University Sports Fest. And for the record, It’s JAEMIN!” I rant to them that made the three speechless as well as the people on the line and the other baristas. I look at each one of them and noticed they’re the popular guys from the Business Department. One of them that happen to be my classmate in English, his name was Peniel if I’m not mistaken. I rolled my eyes and marched towards my table.

 

“What happened there?” Jieun asked as she looks at me until I settled down on my seat.

“Just some douchebags.” I muttered and resume on studying.

 

_______________________________________________

“Finally done!” I happily yelled as I walked out from my Physics class and ran towards the next class, English, for my last exam for the day. I put my headphone on and blast some music as I walked there. When I was almost in my room, I saw some guys crowding the door. I was about to check on who were they when all of them look at me. I didn’t give a damn on them and resume on walking.

I was about to take another step when someone pulled me,

“what the---,” I immediately twisted the hand of the person as he pulled my headphones from my head.

“JAE!”

I widened my eyes as I saw Kai behind me and my hands on his arms. “What the heck is wrong with you?”

“You were drowned over the music again that’s why I did that.” Kai explained and I immediately released his arms from my grab. “You’re grip is really strong.”

“Don’t mention it. Now, why are you here again?” I asked as I looked at him.

“Manager hyung told me to give you this when I see you here. You left your lunch on the counter this morning.” Kai said and handed me the paper bag. “I need to go, I got Political Science by the next hour.”

With that, he rushed. I look over the bag and started eating my food while walking towards the door. As I look up, the guys were just staring and I just rolled my eyes as I passed them. I settled on my seat, put my music back as I busily munching over my food and waited for the professor.

 

“Last subject, and I’m done!” I muttered and smiled at myself as I look at the classroom. Around two-thirds of the class left already and I noticed that the guy from the café was not anymore on his seat. I took my bag and exam paper from the chair and passed it to the professor. I was then out when a guy blocked me.

“What do you want?” I asked in bored expression as I head up to look at the guy in front of me who’s indeed tall.

“About yesterday at your café, I’m sorry on how my friends acted.” He said and looks at me. I shifted my head and thought maybe he was the guy who keeps on telling them to stop it. “They didn’t mean it, Jaemin.”

“I didn’t know that I’m that popular.” I said sarcastically as I walked away from him. I was about to take another step when he blocked me.

“What do you want now?” I raised a brow at him and was just quiet. Around two minute passed as he didn’t muttered anything. “Whatever.”

 

By the time I came in the café, I immediately sit on the long table near the window. I was about to get something from my bag when someone placed a Green Tea Frappe in my front. I look up and saw Peniel again.

“What is this?” I questioned him and he responded me with a smile.

“Green Tea Frappucino, your favorite.” He answered and sits next to me, “a peace offering from yesterday.”

I took the drink and sip on it then look at him, “How’d—,”

“You like it best with Hazelnut syrup and chocolate chip,” Peniel answered me and then give me a cheesecake. “You like the one from the café near the school so I bought you one too.”

“Are you a stalker or something?” I asked him bluntly as I open the box of the sweet yummy cheesecake.

“That’s harsh. Why not an admirer?” He winked at me and I just laughed. “Yah! You keep one eating, am I forgiven?”

“Fine. But seriously, you guys were harsh.” I answered honestly while eating, “why making stuff like that when you don’t know the person?”

“They only hear it from the university, so don’t fully blame them. Plus, they don’t know you.” He answered as he looks at me and back to the window.

“And you know me?” I asked him, raising a brow.

“You’re my classmate in English, of course I know.” He replied but keeps on blabbering about knowing me when I caught something from his words. “I mean, aside from the looks and talents of yours, your really smart and down-to-earth, who wouldn’t like that kind of person right?”

“So are you saying that I’m likeable by people?”

“Yeah, why not?”

“Including you?”

“yeah.”

“Do you like me?”

“Of course.”

“Do you have a crush on me?”

“Since freshme.. YAH!” He immediately stopped and starts to get red, “You’re playing with me!”

“I did not! I was just asking you questions!” I answered back and more, “so since freshmen years?”

  

____________________________

It’s been a while since I last update this one.

Because I got this thing on Peniel <3 <3