Last Dance

Sweet moments with you..

 

 

Everyone’s having a great time in the dance hall. Some were complimenting their looks, others doing chitchats with their friends. Some were fooling around on mostly everyone while others try their very best to be look good and be picked as lord and lady of the night. Well, most of them feel it that way except for two students of Seoul High.

“Come on you! Let’s dance!” Jiyeon keeps on pulling me you  to dance but the girl won’t even budge.

“Don’t want to.” you said as you get another piece of the food in the food aisle. “Besides, the dance floor are for people like you who’s popular in this batch. The queenkas and kingkas at school are even dominating it.” You said as you keep on stuffing food in your mouth.

“You’re so pessimistic and you keep that ‘insecurity’ of yours dominating your brain.” Your best friend says as she tries to pull you again. Still, nothing happens. “This is the last dance of the night!”

“You’re just wasting your energy.” You said and drink your soda. “You can’t force me to dance.”

“Really?” Jiyeon says as she smirks.

“Yeah.” You sarcastically reply and continue eating.

“Not even Kai?” You hear Jiyeon said and you sigh.

“Not even that cute senior..” You keep on saying as I turn my head to Jiyeon. You immediately shut up as I see Kai standing beside Jiyeon. “uhmmmm…”

“Not even me?” Kai asked and smile at her. “you-sshi, can I have this last dance with you?”

“I…” You trailed off as I look at Kai’s right hand on my front.

“I won’t take no for an answer.” He says as he looks at you straight in the eyes. “Please you?”

 

---Earlier---

“Come on man! It’s been freaking six hours already! When will you stand up and go to her?” Chanyeol asked as he ruffles his hair.

“You’re so sloooow.” D.O teased and taps Kai’s back.

“I’m shy.” Kai finally said and rub his neck. “She’s too pretty! Look!” She points at you whose having talking to Jiyeon.

“Yeah, we know. It’s now or never man! We’ll be graduating and we can’t see you at least talk to you.” Suho said and looks at Kris. “Right Kris?”

“Yeah. Stand up and be a man.” Kris said and ruffles Kai’s hair.

“I can’t.” Kai said and tries to hide himself.

“This is the last dance of the night!” They all hear Jiyeon said as he pulls you.

“You’re just wasting your energy. You can’t force me to dance.” They all hear and look at Kai.

“It’s now or never Kai.” Xiumin said as he keeps on eating. Kai quickly stand up and take a deep breath.

“You go there lover boy!” Kris and Suho yell at him as he walks towards you and Jiyeon.

 

---Back to Present---

You place your hands on Kai’s shoulder but Kai grab it and put in behind his neck. He put his hands on your waist as you begin to dance ‘Marry U’ by Super Junior.

“This song is requested and dedicated to my good hyung Kai. Have fun bro!” Sehun happily said and waves at Kai.

“What a good choice of song.” You muttered and look around.

“I’m gonna kill you hyungs!” Kai muttered silently and tilt his head. “Sorry for Sehun, he just a little excited.”

“No worries.” You said and bite your lower lips. Silence dominates the area.

“So..” Both of you said in unison.

“You first..No you.,” You both said in unison and laugh at it.

“You go first.” Kai said and smiles at you.

“Did Jiyeon bet you to come to me and ask me to dance?” You asked and look at Kai. Kai looks at you straight in the eyes and you suddenly look the other way.

Kai smirk and pulls you closer. You got surprised and take a hold immediately of his neck which makes his face got closer to you. You widen your eyes and started to blush.

“You look so cute when your blush.” Kai smirk and holds you tighter. “Jiyeon didn’t tell me to approach you, it’s my freewill.”

“Oh..” You look around and saw your best friend with a big smile on her face. You look on the other side and saw the rest of the EXO boys making weird actions. “Are they playing charades?”

“Huh?” Kai follow your gaze and saw his hyungs making signals to him. He rolls his eyes and makes a signal that you were looking at them. They all look at you and immediately they stop doing those signals and waves at you.

“They’re weird.” You muttered as you keep looking at them.

“Don’t mind them. Let’s just focus on this moment.” Kai said and guide your head to rest in his shoulder. You on the other hand suddenly got shock after the sudden action. 

The music keeps on playing as the both of you sway to the music. You and Kai already thought that the song is not appropriate in this slow dance. Neither of you will be getting married and for the fact that the both of you are still in high school. But still, both of you like the song and were happy to be dancing with each other.

Kai suddenly let go of your waist and hug you tight. “I don’t want this moment to end.”

“What are you talking about?” You tilt your head from his shoulders.

“This may be sound weird and soon but I like you you. I really like you for a long time already and I thought of saying this before its too late.” He broke the hug and look at you thinking ahead that you might stomp his foot, slap him and walk away from the crowd. But neither made it, instead you just look at him like an innocent kid.

“Is that true?” You asked as your eyes still lock on his.

“Yeah. I’ve been eager to tell you that since the start of this school dance but I got cold feet.” Kai said and rub his nape. “You were too pretty and cute and I was thinking you might not like me I’m just nobody.”

“No you’re not.” You said and smile at him. “Since when did a campus heartthrob become Mr.Nobody?” You chuckle from that thought.

“I don’t want you to rush into things.  I just want to confess to you and let you know how I feel.” Kai suddenly panic and you just raise your eyebrow. “I mean, if you don’t want to be my girlfriend now, I can wait ‘till forever until you’re ready.” You tilt your head while still looking at him. “Ah, I’m so stupid. Sorry. You can just walk away and dance with anyone else.”

You can’t help but laugh at him. The EXO boys look at you and Kai, thinking maybe that you just rejected their donsaeng and just laugh at him. Jiyeon pouted from behind as she studied the both of you. ‘She might really find him adorable.’

Kai looks at you and found you laughing. ‘She’s so cute when she laughs.’ “Why are you laughing? Aren’t you supposed to be walking away from me because you reject me?”

“Who even gave that thought that I'll reject you?” You said as you try to stop yourself from laughing.

“You’re not rejecting my feelings?” You shook your head. “You’re not gonna ask another guy to dance with you?”

You immediately grab him and lock your hands in his neck. “Why would I if the guy that I want to be with is just in front of me?”