Mutual

Sweet moments with you..

 

You and Kris were really good friends since the freshmen in high school until now that you are both sophomores in college. You were taking Architecture while he’s on Engineering in Seoul University. Kris never fails to be sweet to you even if the two of you had a fight. You were as understanding as any ideal girlfriend a guy could ever have. You two always go together even if it’s going to parties, mountain climbing and the likes. You only have few things in common and the rest are already the opposites as simple as he’s tall and you’re not ‘that’ tall, he’s into being neat and order while you like to mess around and be dirty. Quite a cute couple right? But there’s one tiny problem here. The two of you were never EVER been couples even for just one second. But the closeness that the two of you have was beyond just ordinary friends, but less than lovers.

“So what do you call yourselves then?” Yoochun-oppa asked me as he cleans the counter. “You’re closeness were more than just best friends but you don’t consider each other as best friends. You don’t consider him to be your boyfriend and he didn’t consider you as girlfriend since the both of you were never been a couple. So, from the high school ‘till now, what kind of relationship does the two of you have?”

“We’re friends, we have a mutual relationship. That’s about it.” I said as I get the food in the counter and serve it to the costumers. Just as I turn around, the doorbell rings and Kris came in dressed up with his usual black long-sleeved v-neck shirt and pants. He wave at me and I just smile back since both of my hands are busy.

“Need a help?” He asked me as he walks toward me.

“Nope. I can handle it.” I said and pass by him so I can serve the food to the customers. After serving the customers, I went back to the counter where my brother and Kris were talking to each other.

“What are you guys talking about?” I asked as I in to their conversation.

“Just the question that I asked you earlier.” Oppa smirks as he looks at me and Kris. I could feel my cheeks burning in embarrassment then try to change the topic.

“Yah! You really are curious huh? Again, were just friends, no more no less. Plus, Kris likes someone else. Right?” As soon as I said it and turn to Kris, I realized that I should’ve not said it. Kris was flaming red and I could feel he’s not pleased with my answer.

“Uhm.. Yeah,the feeling is mutual. We’re just..friends.” He manage to answer then look at oppa. “Hyung, do you mind if I borrow you  for a while? We’ll have a date.”

“But I can’t just go. This is my shift.” I try to protest but Yoochun-oppa cuts me off.

“You’re not a worker here, you don’t have a shift.” Oppa smirk again then look at Kris. “Sure, you can have my sister for the whole day. Just make sure that ..”

“She comes home safe and in one piece. No bruises and whatsoever in her body or else I’m dead. Got it!”  Kris finishes what my brother was about to say and drag me out of the shop.

 

We were walking to the street of busy Seoul when all of the sudden he stops. I look at him, he’s looking at the shop beside him. I at through the shop if there’s something interesting inside when my eyes landed on Seohyun. Suddenly my chest feels pain. Seohyun was the prettiest girl in Seoul University, there was a rumour how Seohyun likes Kris and that Kris like her back. Of course, I’m not sure about it yet since I didn’t ask him yet but judging from what I’m seeing now, I think the rumour is true.

“What are you doing there? You go inside and greet her.” I casually said and tap Kris’ back.

“What? Greet who?” He asked as he looks at me.

“Seohyun’s there. She’s your crush right?” I asked coolly but instead of the cute ‘rubbing-the-neck-because-I’m-shy’ type of answer, he just looks away and starts to walk again. So, maybe then the rumour is not true.

We continue to walk and this time, I was the one who stops. I see a cute Tony Tony Chopper necklace hanging on the window and I just can’t help to go fangirling about it. I love Tony Tony Chopper. I went inside the boutique immediately with Kris tailing me.

“How much is that Chopper necklace?” I asked as I pointed the one I saw in the window.

“That’s 100 dollars miss.” The lady said as she gets a necklace similar to the one in the window from the glass closet. I look at it in awe and hold it. “It’s too cute! But I don’t have…”

“We’ll take it.”  Kris said out of the blue and gives the money to the saleslady. The lady gets a plastic and put the necklace inside and handed it to me.

 

“Yah! Why did you buy this one?” I asked as I keep holding the bag with the necklace inside it.

“Remember the girl that I like? She likes Tony Tony Chopper also and it seems you two like the similar necklace.” He said to me and starts on walking.

So this is not for me then? I don’t know but at some point I feel a bit of jealousy. But why will I be jealous? We’re not even a couple to begin with. I look at the box again and ran towards Kris so I could catch up with him.

“This is cute!” “I’ll take it.”

“Awe!” “How much is it? Give me a pair.”

Necklace, bracelet, couple rings, stuff bear, cap, flower, chocolates… All the things I like he bought it. You want to know the reason? Because of that freaking girl again! Why does it happen that what I like she like it also?

I stomp my foot as I see Kris pay for the Tony Tony Chopper stuff toy in the counter. Because of my frustration, I walk towards Kris and handed him all the bags that has all the merchandise that her ‘girl’ likes.

“What is this?” Kris asked me as he looks at the bags I handed him.

“These are the merchandise that you bought for that ‘girlfriend’ of yours. You should’ve told me earlier that you’ll be buying gifts for her than telling my brother we’re going on a date because obviously this is not a date.” I simply said and walk away. Stupid Chinese guy!

I went out from the boutique and decided to go back to “Timeout Gelato” to help my brother run his business. I take a cab and immediately ask the driver to go back to the café.

 

you, stop doing that. The café will close already. You don’t need to clean all the dishes in there. Let the crew in-charge do it.” Yoochun-oppa tries to let me stop working since I came back because he finds it weird for me to work in a bad mood. He asked me about the ‘date’ that Kris and I have but instead of good response, I just wear the apron and start on working. No answer from me. I’m already on the 6th batch of dishes to wash and I’ve been doing this one as well as cleaning the kitchen since I came back. Umma was a little worried to but I assure her I’m fine.

 

“Finally done!” I exclaimed as oppa close the shop.

“What you were doing earlier is not valid. What happened and you became a neat monster all of the sudden? Did you and Kris fight?” He tries to ask but I ignore him. “Yah! Don’t you ignore me here young lady!”

“I’m sleepy! Let’s go home.” I just replied and start on walking, oppa tailing from my behind. Just as I was about to have my third step, I hear a strum of guitar. I look up and saw Kris standing in front of me.

“Park you, I’m sorry for being stupid and made you look stupid earlier.” Kris said as he looks at me. I roll my eyes and told oppa that we should get going. I pass through Kris but he holds my hand.

“I know what happened earlier is unreasonable and invalid. I’m sorry you,”

“No need to be sorry. There’s nothing to explain since we’re not a couple.” I plainly said and try to let go from his grasp but he held it tighter. “What the heck?”

‘”Just because were not a couple doesn’t imply that I don’t need to feel sorry from what I’ve done earlier. We’re still friends.” Kris said and looks at me.

The last three words hit me. Were still friends, were still friends, were still friends.. I feel my body tremble as the those words continue to play in my head, a strike of pain hit inside me, I feel like I’m burning and my eyes became watery. I try to look at him but in a poker face.

“Exactly. We’re JUST friends.” I finally let go from his hold and walk in a fast pace. I keep on walking and walking until I reach back in Hongdae. I went to the park and sits at the vacant bench. I stare at the ground as tears flows in my eyes. Why do I have this weird feeling? I was jealous and selfish, I didn’t mind about the feelings of Kris back there. We’re supposed to be friends but I walk away. ‘I turn him down’, I muttered as I recollect the feelings I have. But do you know what makes it more depressing? “we’re still friends,” “Exactly, we’re JUST friends.” At one way or another, I admit that I don’t like that word.

 

“There you are.” I hear someone says it and when I look up I saw Kris patting. “I’ve been looking for you.”

I just went dead silence and casually wipe my tears. “What are you doing here?”

“I don’t want to end this day without seeing my girl happy.” Kris said as he looks at me straight in the eyes.

“Your girl? Since when did I became YOUR GIRL?” I asked, trying my best to go away with his gaze.

“Since you wore the ring that I gave you in high school.” He said and shows the pair of the ring in his hand. “We made a vow and I’m just waiting for the right time to ask you this.”

“What?” I mockingly said as I stand up.

“This is a lot harder than I thought.” He made a side comment and takes another step towards me until he’s practically standing beside me. He kneels down and tries to get something from his pocket.

“OHMYFREAKINGGOSH! THERE’S NO WAAAAY THAT YOU ARE PROPOSING FOR MARRIAGE TO ME!” I automatically say it as I put my hands away.

“You’re silly. I’m not gonna marry you so don’t make any side comments.” he said and stands up, showing a bracelet. “See? Park you, will you be my girlfriend?”

I chuckle from the simple gesture and made another side comment. I look back at him and make a slightly punch his chest. “I hate you.”

“I love you too.”

 

---------------------------------------------------

Another post! Sorry for typo errors and making it lame.. 

I hope you like it!