The Game

She's a Demon

Jay took in a shallow breath, turning and walking through the crowd to the DJ booth, oblivious to the gyrating bodies around him. The night passed by quickly, Jay working on autopilot as he absorbed what he'd seen. At his apartment, Jay sat with a glass of beer and his dog Peatry's head in his lap as he remembered the days he and Kiyeon had first met. It was one of his nights off, and he'd been dancing with a few of his friends when he spotted a girl whose body flowed like water. He still remembered the exact part of the song he saw her dance to. He lost himself in that memory.

there aint no need to go
I wanna take it slow
i ba me ku chi wa do
u ri ni yo ga ja go
just meet on the floor
i will give u a show
il dan i rum bu to
ma re jwo ooh

He hadn't noticed the slow grin forming on his lips as he moved closer to the center of the crowd to watch her dance to the song. He'd tried to buy her a drink at the bar, but she was a bit of a tease - a y one. He hadn't even gotten her name before she downed the drink and disappeared into the crowd, eluding him all night. It was the same way every night he looked for her. She'd appear in the middle of the crowd, dancing alone or sometimes with a guy right on her, her eyes gazing straight at him as she danced. She almost dared him to come down and pull her away, and he rose to the dare every time. But just when he approached, she'd disappear. He'd almost given up on finding her again, settling for capturing her with his camera, but again, she surprised him.

Jay looked around, his camera up to his eye as he searched for Her. He resisted the push of the jumping bodies around him, when he felt arms around his waist. Startled, he turned to see just who he'd been searching for. He looked at her, shocked and elated to see her so close. "Hey!"

She gave him a sultry grin, pointing to his camera, "Looking for someone?"

He shook his head, snapping a picture of her as she stood with a hand still loosely holding his arm. "I found what I was looking for." 

Her grin grew wider as her eyebrows shot up in fake surprise. She pointed to herself. "You couldn't mean little old me?"

He'd thought she was... not innocent, but more reliable than what he'd seen earlier that night. It made him question everything about her, about them. 'Did she ever even consider us in a relationship?' He chuckled darkly to himself.

Weeks passed, and his routine went back to how it was before he met her, which was relatively empty. He could almost convince himself it hadn't happened until he saw her again. As if it was their first meeting all over again, she was dancing on a guy, a different guy from the one she'd been cheating on him with. He mentally corrected himself, 'The guy she'd been making out with.' The look on his face said he thought he was the luckiest guy in existence as she gyrated on him. Jay remembered that feeling just as she looked up at him. Even from far away, she still gazed right into his eyes, into his soul as if she knew exactly what had been going through his mind those few weeks. She smirked at him, as if she'd won some kind of game. With a sick feeling growing in his gut, he averted his eyes, looking anywhere but at her for the rest of the night, and every other night she showed up, always with a different guy, always gazing at him victoriously. He began dreading going to work, resisting the urge to call in sick just to avoid seeing her. He felt that every night, until he met Ji Na.

A/N- Stopping here! I felt it was a good stopping point, since I don't really know how long this is XD The next chapter will introduce a new girl! Possible love interest for Jay? I'm excited myself!