Date

She's a Demon

 

When the two woke the next morning, it was the day of the party. Ji Na woke before Jay, since she was a morning person. She sat with her head resting in her hands as she watched him snore silently, wondering if she should disturb his sleep to wake him up for food. She smiled to herself and shook her head, deciding to make breakfast instead. Ji Na hummed to herself, patting Peatry’s head as he trotted along with her to the kitchen. She pulled pots and pans from the cabinets, looking in the pantry to see what there was to cook.

“Let’s see… Pancakes and eggs?” Ji Na tapped a spatula against her chin, nodding to herself. She pulled pancake mix from the pantry, and eggs out of the fridge. She hummed to herself while she mixed the pancakes, unaware of another person watching her. She was flipping pancakes on the skillet when she felt warm arms wrap tightly around her waist. She grinned, blushing slightly as Jay rested his head on her shoulder and mumbled, “Good morning.” She giggled as he yawned lightly.

“Good morning~ I decided to make breakfast!” She turned to him and held up the spatula.

He smiled softly, his eyes alight, “How about I help?” He squeezed her waist lightly before he cracked a few eggs and poured them in a pan on the stove. They cooked side by side, their arms brushing against each other occasionally. When they finished, the two ate in the living room, sitting next to each other on Jay’s couch while they ate, Peatry rolling around and gnawing on a bone. Ji Na frequently snuck glances at Jay next to her, watching him eat. She looked away when he met her eyes, a smug smirk on his lips. She pouted knowing he would . To her surprise, he kissed her cheek instead, taking her empty plate and going to the kitchen.

Ji Na jumped up to follow him, “I’ll wash my plate!” She skidded to a stop next to him, crossing her arms when she saw he was already washing them.

He shook his head, “I’ll wash. You cooked anyway.” When Ji Na opened to protest, Jay shook his head again, “I know where everything goes anyway~” Since he was right, Ji Na sighed, defeated. She perked up when she noticed a radio, and went to turn it on. Without embarrassment, Ji Na danced to 2NE1’s “I Am the Best” right in Jay’s kitchen. Jay turned around to watch until the end of the song, clapping and cheering like a fanboy. Ji Na blushed and bowed quickly, giggling behind her hands. Jay hugged her and looked at her in mock disappointment.

“All the nights we were at the club and you never said anything about being an undercover idol,” he shook his head at her, trying to suppress his grin.

She laughed, straightening up and giving Jay an innocent look, “Well you never asked~ But you’ll see plenty tonight.” Ji Na placed her hands on her hips, “That’s a promise!” Immediately after the words left her lips, she gasped, her eyes growing wide. “What time is it?!” Her hair flew as she looked at the clock on the radio, and she squealed loudly.

Jay chuckled, placing a hand on her shoulder, “What’s wrong, Ji Na? I thought you said the party was tonight?” He was surprised to see her turn back to him teary eyed.

“I don’t know what to wear!!!!!” Ji Na’s arms flailed as she squealed, suddenly flying out of the room. Jay followed behind her, shaking his head. He would never understand girls and their obsession over what to wear. He pouted slightly when he found Ji Na already in her own clothes again.

He sighed, leaning against the doorframe, “Do you really have to go now?” She looked up, surprised at the disappointment in Jay’s voice. She blushed, nodding slowly.

“But…” she twiddled her thumbs, looking at beneath her long lashes in that seductive way of hers, “you could come with me..? I could use a second opinion on what to wear, and I was thinking of buying something new..” Her eyes pleaded to him to say yes, and Jay was definitely not about to refuse. Her eyes lit up as Jay nodded, and she bounced over to hug him. “Thank you!” She jumped away from him and pushed him into his room, closing the door behind her. “Now get dressed in something nice! I might take a while~” Ji Na giggled, skipping to the living room to wait.

Jay didn’t keep her waiting long. Ten minutes later, he came out in dark jeans and a sleeveless hoodie that showed his muscled arms and his many tattoos. Ji Na blushed slightly and averted her eyes so she wouldn’t stare. She quickly in a breath and jumped off of the couch to grab Jay’s hand and pull him out of the door, giving Peatry a short wave and blowing him a kiss. Jay chuckled at her as he locked his door, “Are you always this hyper?”

Ji Na ducked her head in embarrassment, “No… “ She walked slightly ahead of him, trying to calm herself. She stopped when they reached the parking lot, looking back and forth between their two cars. “Umm…” she turned to look at Jay.

He smiled, “I’ll drive. Come on,” he took her hand and led her to his car, unaware of Ji Na’s blush as she stared at their joined hands. In the car, Jay started the engine and looked at her, “Where to, Angel?”

She blushed and laughed a little. She pointed at the gate and exclaimed, “To the mall!”

 


A/N: Sorry for the long wait >< I'm writing the party chapter right after this, since it took me forever to update u_u I'm noticing that this story is very fluffy.. but I guess that's just my style?