Chapter Twenty-Three

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

“The reason we called you all into the meeting today is because you all are going to have a pre-debut photo shoot, it’s a treat for the fans, since we haven’t gotten you all debuted yet – or close to it.” stated the CEO, “Also, we wanted to let you all know personally how the planning of your debut is going, seeing as how it is now early-June, nearly mid-June and we have yet to get you all debuted.”

The boys hummed and the man spoke up.

“The reason for the photo shoot is to help you all get more modeling experience, sure, some of you,” his eyes fell on Jhun, Min, and WooJung, “Have done it quite a bit and are well known for you skills as a model, but there are also some,” the man looked at Xue and Shin, “Who’ve done it but haven’t had a lot of experience, and then there are some of you who have no experience in it what so ever.” The man eyes’ fell onto Sora, “Well, at least that is what I’ve come to understand.”

The boys hummed in response again.

“Anyway, before we get into more details about your photo shoot, we’re going to discuss what we currently have decided for your debut mini album,” stated the man, peering at all the male’s expressions, “The songs we’ve chosen are ‘Baby, Don’t Cry,’ ‘Romantically’, ‘U Hoo Hoo’, ‘Honesty’, ‘The Reason’, and ‘Voicemail’. The reason these six songs were chosen is because we’re going to have you all debut with a softer image – it’s just to experiment, considering that we had Teen Top and 100% debut with rather similar concepts, plus both haven’t really done any ballads. Yes, they’ve had some, but they haven’t really used them to promote. The two didn’t really get popular until their second singles due to that – or else we think that that was the problem. Anyway, that’s beside the point. We were looking at the boy bands debuting this year and they’re debuting with more hip hop like concept – then again there were a couple that debuted with more ballad-like songs but they aren’t really that big – they aren’t really the big competition…”

Minhyun looked at Woo Jung as the man babbled on and whispered, “It this making any sense to you?”

The younger male shook his head and they looked towards the oldest who was sitting closest to the CEO, both tried stifling back their laughter as they saw that the oldest was sitting with his head resting on his palm – fighting against his heavy eyelids to stay awake. The duo then looked at the trio sitting across the table from them to see Sora taking selcas, Xue nodding off as well, and Shin looking at their two managers in confusion – the duo was looking just as confused as the boys were.

“Anyway,” stated the man, clearing his throat – glaring at Min Hyun and Woo Jung seeing as how the were the only two he had caught not paying attention due to their laughter, “That is beside the point, we are debuting you with a more gentler concept than we did with Teen Top and 100%, we’re still debating on whether or not to take Voicemail out since it isn’t as much of a ballad as the other songs, but hey, you need one interesting song to pull people in right? Also, we were debating on whether or not we should put in a rapping song or just wait until the follow up album – well, second mini album.”

The boys looked at the man, acting as if they knew what he was talking about.

“Anyway, onto something I am positive about,” stated the CEO, “We started a fan site for you all, already, since you have fans from your previous show, your current show, and your showcase and to apologize for not having you all even getting ready to debut yet – we’re going to be posting photos from today’s shoot up onto the site…to treat them we’re going to pair you up into the most popular fan pairings – at least they seem to be the most popular fan pairings.”

The six looked at him with interest; curious of whom the fans were shipping at the current moment.

 “Jhun and Min,” as soon as the words left the man’s lips they heard a groan from the two named members, “Sora and Woo Jung, then there is Shin and Xue – there are quite a few who are shipping Min and Woo Jung and then Jhun with Xue. The fans said they’ve come to ship the JMin couple – I think that is what they all are calling you two – although they originally shipped Jhun and Xue, they all commented: I like the magnae with a leader like person, but I’ve started to ship Jhun and Min too much to pair Jhun with Xue, so I guess we’ll have to stick Xue with Shin.”

Jhun groaned, not liking the fact people were trying to pair him with the other members – he wasn’t gay, well, that was what he was telling himself. Min laughed a bit at the fans’ crazy imaginations, Woo Jung shifted in discomfort in his chair, Xue stared at the man in horror at the fact the fans were pairing him with his hyungs, Sora didn’t seemed bothered at all, and Shin simply hummed in response.

“Anyway, get going to the shoot, we don’t have all day,” stated the man, shooing the six out of the meeting room.

The managers laughed as they lead the boys back to the van where they all squeezed in and headed to the photo shoot.

 

The boys were in the dressing room, all of them were dressed in simple white v-neck tee-shirts and were in either black skinny jeans or black jeans – some had other accessories, like a hat or a jacket of some sort. Anyway, the dressing room was buzzing as the stylists worked on the males’ hair and makeup – covering up the ‘flaws’ that they saw on the male’s skin. As they sat in the chairs in front of the mirrors in the dressing room, they were doing a variety of things Sora was back to taking selcas after being told to be quiet by four of the other five members. Xue was sitting quietly in the corner nearest to the door – staring into the mirror and zoning out at the thought about the photo shoot. Shin, Min Hyun, and Woo Jung were talking with each other about the photo shoot – Shin attempting to help the younger male get more comfortable with it while Min was purposely trying to make it worse (in other words: trying to make the younger feel uncomfortable). Jhun sat in his chair, wincing every now and then as the stylist rubbed makeup – rather harshly – on the bags under his eyes; the woman griped to him about how bad they were and about how even with the makeup caked on them they were visible. The six had completely forgotten about the cameras filming them for their show on MTV until Min and Jhun started to randomly bicker.

“Do they ever get along?” questioned the VJ, watching the two 93ers bicker – Min smirking about something, Woo Jung was guessing that he successfully made the elder male uncomfortable.

“As hard as it is to believe,” stated Woo Jung, “This is them getting along.”

The VJ looked at Woo Jung in slight surprise, “Really?”

Shin nodded, agreeing with Woo Jung’s words – the duo watched the two 93ers continue to bicker.

“Min, Jhun – it’s your time to shoot!” called the photographer, pulling the duo out of the room and plunging it into silence – in which Sora quickly filled, talking with both Shin and Woo Jung. Both Shin and Sora were pleased to see that they had Woo Jung actually putting effort into keeping their conversation going for once instead of just letting it drop off. Xue continued to sit in the corner in deep thought, lightly swaying back and forwards in his seat.

 

On the set, the photographer was trying hard not to laugh at the duo that were posing before him – the two looked like they wanted to wring each other’s necks, but the man could tell that they were on good terms with each other; he was guessing they were acting this way with each other because either their personalities clashed – which he could tell that they did – and/or there was a reason no one had discovered yet causing the two to act the way they are.

He took pictures as the two continued to bicker – in the photos, despite how it looked in real life, they actually looked like they were just simply talking with each other while in some of the others, and they looked like they were actually flirting. He wasn’t in anyway surprised by the photos, because it’s not the first time he’s worked with boy bands that had members that flirted with each other – he had seen some flirt intentionally before and he had seen some that weren’t intentionally flirting. Whether this was intentional flirting or not, he wasn’t too sure – from what he was seeing he was guessing that one side was doing it intentionally while the other wasn’t.  

“Alright, boys,” stated the man, “We’re done.”

The two looked at him in shock, the older speaking up, “We didn’t even pose.”

The man smiled, “It’s alright, the photos of you two talking is good enough – you look like you two are flirting in most of them, so they’ll do – they’re more believable than any of the other photos I could shoot of you two – plus, it’s not like we could go through this photo shoot without you two flirt – I mean bickering.”

The two looked at him with rather pointed gazes.

The man looked at the monitor before him and at the shots he had taken, he pretty much ignored the two as he spoke, “Go a head back in and send out the next two.”

The duo nodded, moving into the dressing room. Shin and Xue were the next two to emerge from the room. The photographer peered at the duo as they walked towards the set – he could already tell that this duo were opposites in some way, he smiled towards the two and waved them onto the set. The duo stood in front of the camera, the younger 94er talked to the older about posing naturally and not to worry too much about what he was going to do.

Sora simply nodded in response to the barely younger male. The photographer just told the duo to be natural which ended up with Sora being the normal loud and cheerful person he was – bringing a small smile onto Woo Jung’s lips as he did so. The photographer smiled at the interaction between the two, it was slightly awkward and all, but it made it rather cute. He observed the two and couldn’t resist the smile that spread on his face. Seeing the two’s interaction, he could believe why the fans had put the two together – they showed chemistry together on camera, whether or not they knew that he didn’t know.

The photographer took quite a few photos of the two before being joined by the last duo, who in his opinion looked more like brothers than anything else, however, he wasn’t going to fight with the fans because every now and then, they’d show a little spark of something that could possibly be interrupted as something else.

After the final duo, the six all came out together and had a shoot together – after that, they got to return to the practice room where they received notice that they all were going to be quite busy with individual schedules up until their debut – which was still yet to be confirmed – while also preparing for said debut.

“Jhun will be withdrawing from the filming of the show for MTV due to his schedules and also since he is showing up quite a bit more than you all, and actually want you all to get more screen time,” stated Hyun Soo, “He’ll appear a little bit in the show, but for the most part will be busy filming the two different dramas he’s managed to get cast into – one as a main character and the other as a minor character.”

Jong Suk then continued off of what the head manager had stated, “Shin – who has become quite popular since the showcase and the first broadcast of the show on MTV – has started to draw attention into the group through his past experiences in the underground scene as a rapper, plus Inspirits are recognizing him from his with work Infinite H, as well as his past modeling jobs. In the next couple of weeks, Shin, you will be busy filming a drama that you’ve been casted into as a supporting character. Also, you’ve been chosen to be a special MC for M!Countdown for the next four weeks with Niel and Chunji of Teen Top.”

“Min, you’ve been recognized by the fans for you past job as a model and have drawn attention in that way and you will be busy with being an endorsement model for quite a few different clothing brands,” stated Hyun Soo, “Sora, you’ve landed a job with Woo Jung in a drama, both of you are supporting characters, but both play a big part in the drama.”

“Woo Jung, that takes us to you,” stated Jong Suk, “You’ve become recognized through your past modeling jobs and have drawn quite a bit of attention to the group though them, as Hyun Soo previously stated, you’ve been casted in a drama, and you’ve gotten a job as an endorsement model for the clothing companies that hired Min, so you two will be working together.”

Hyun Soo then turned his attention to the magnae, “You’ve also been recognized for your past jobs as a model and you’ve been hired by one of the companies to be an endorsement model with Min and Woo Jung. You don’t have many jobs as the others because you are younger.” Xue nodded in understanding and Hyun Soo then continued on, “Although this might be a little stressful for you all, having these crap loaded schedules, it’s a way to help you all gain attention prior to you debut, so your debut promotions do pretty well – the company wants one group to at least pretty popular from their debut. Sure, both Teen Top and 100% are pretty popular now-a-days, but they both had rather…disappointing debuts – according to the company.”

The six hummed in understanding.

“Plus, this is a test for the company’s future groups,” stated Hyun Soo.

The boys hummed in understanding, all getting themselves mentally prepared for what was to come in the weeks leading to their still undecided debut. 

 

Hope you all enjoyed the rather boring chapter...

I hope it made sense - my mind has been all over the place recently and it took quite a few days to actually complete this chapter. 

On another, completely random note; I've been plagued by yet another addiction...first it was 2PM's "A.D.T.O.Y", now it's Wonder Boyz "Tarzan". Yes, I know it's been a couple of months since both came out, but still - I keep coming back to both songs and falling into relaspes. However, I think more addicted to "Tarzan" than "A.D.T.O.Y." It may just randomly pop up as Spectrum's debut song - if I don't get it out of my head soon.

Anyway, back to something for the story - please choose ONE field rapping/dancing/singing for your character to improve in. Also, I'm taking scene suggestions, since my mind isn't coming up with any for some reason (makes me sad). T~T