Chapter Two

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

 

AN: The final ten are announced in this chapter, if you are not chosen - do not get discouraged because I have plans on them making cameos later on in the story. All the applications were good, but these were the ones who I like the most - I already have most of the group chosen there just two spots that I'm trying to fill. 


 

Andy sat alone in the room with Hyun Soo and the other manager who had finally come to meet the two after getting out of his previous meeting – which Andy had sent him to, the two managers looked towards the Shinhwa member, whose expression showed just how amused he was at how uncomfortable the ten were in his presence – or possibly each other’s, he was content with his choice in members because he was sure that it was going to be pretty entertaining.

“You all must be wondering why you all were called here,” stated Andy, finally breaking the silence that had hung over the room – the ten boys twenty and younger nodded, “Well, you all are the ten we’re allowing to participate in the final audition. You all should get to know each other; after all you all will be working together from here on until we choose the final six – some of you will be working together after that point as well.” The boys all nodded and Andy smiled, “I guess you all aren’t going to take the initiative to introduce yourselves so I’ll choose who goes first. We’ll start with the oldest out of you all, Jung Younghun.”

The attention turned to the tallest of the males who sat up straight in his chair, an aura around him drawing their attention towards him – who all the boys recognized from the minor roles he played in the pretty popular dramas. The boy cleared his throat, surprising most of the younger males in the room at how deep his voice was as he spoke, “I’m Jung Younghun, I’m twenty years old – born February 13, 1993.”

“We’ll go to the right, alright?” stated Andy.

The boys nodded and the male beside Younghun spoke, a broad smile dressing his face, “I’m Kim Minseok. I’m nineteen, born March 3, 1994.”

The attention then turned to the next male who had an arrogant air around him, making some of the other males around the table feel a little uncomfortable, “I’m Dong Minhyun, born October 31, 1993.”

The male to his right let off a cold air – continuing to make the other males a little uncomfortable, “Song Woojung – born December 20, 1994.”

“Minami Sora,” stated the male sitting to the right of Woojung, smiling widely – practically erasing the tense atmosphere that had risen because of the two males who had introduced themselves before him, “I was born July 7, 1994.”

“I’m Bang Minki, born December 8, 1995,” stated the following male, smiling widely – however, he looked a little awkward as he introduced himself.

The following boy was more timid than the others and spoke out rather quietly, “I’m Kang HaJoon, born April 15, 1996.”

With Hajoon’s chaste introduction, the attention towards the boy who looked the youngest amongst the boys, introducing himself cheekily, “I’m Kim Jayden; I was born June 21, 1998.”

“He’s just a kid,” stated Younghun, turning towards Andy – he was the only one who knew the Shinhwa member well out of the ten and was the only one who wasn’t uncomfortable around him.

“He has potential to grow and he has the skills to make it in the industry, although it’s going to be difficult for someone his age,” stated Andy, he then turned his attention back to the other boys, “Continue on.”

“I’m Wu Christopher,” stated the next boy shyly – the atmosphere that surrounded the boy made him seem a little awkward, however, he kept his smile on his face, “I was born May 15, 1994.”

The attention then settled on the final of the ten to introduce himself, the male seemed to have a lot of charisma, especially as he spoke, “I’m Nam Moo Shin; born May 6, 1993.”

“Now that our introductions are complete, I feel as though it is only right to tell you all that you all will be moving into a dorm with each other – it’ll be the dorm the six share when they are chosen, so make do with the space you have, since it’s not going to be a lot.” Andy then changed the subject, “I also feel that it is only right if I alert you all that you all will be participating in a variety show. The show is a way for fans to get to know you all better, plus the final six will be chosen through the show – after we see how the viewers’, your fans, react to your all’s talents and personalities, as well as your chemistry with those around you.”

The males nodded in understanding, really nervous about the variety show.

“The show will start up in two weeks,” stated Andy, “No sooner than that because we want you all to be familiar with each other, otherwise your awkwardness with each other will make the viewers feel just as awkward and will make it so they don’t want to tune in again. Also, we’re going to what we did with 100% last year and include Teen Top in the show.”

The boys nodded in understanding.

Andy looked towards the two managers, “I trust that the two of you will have them all moved in by tomorrow.”

The two men nodded.

 

As promised, the following day the boys found themselves in their new dorm, however – they all were just standing in the living with their luggage around their feet. The two managers flipped on the light and the boys were surprised at the fact that once you got out of the area of the room with all the shoe closest by the front door, the room opened up into a big one where the living room and dining room area was visible, if your turned towards the right side of the room you had the options of going into various doors – one of which was a door way, but had no door and it lead into the kitchen which was a decent size for six people, but was a little small for ten boys.  The other doors lead to a bathroom, and the other two led to bedrooms, both of which had double beds. Then on the left side of the living room there was also a door, which led to a bedroom where three bunk beds sat along the perimeter of the room, within the decent sized room sat two doors, one that lead to a closet like area and the other to a bathroom.

“This dorm is a little small,” stated Minseok, a smile still on his face as he and the others returned to the living room so that they could decide who was sleeping where.

“It’s meant for eight people, not ten,” stated Hyun Soo, “Apparently they expected the two of us to live with the final six of you.”

The boys nodded in understanding, but they still couldn’t help but to feel a little uncomfortable with small the dorm was – aside from the living room.

“We’re going to talk to Andy, about changing the furniture around as well as the sleeping arrangements – we’ve already talked to him a bit and he said that’ll only change when six of you boys are chosen.”

The boys again nodded in understanding.

“Anyway, for sleeping arrangements, Andy’s already decided on them,” stated Jong Suk, choosing to change the subject, “You all don’t get to choose your room mates.”

“Minhyun, Woojung – he put you two in a room with a double bed. The reason being, you two are friends with each other and he thinks that you two will handle sharing a bed better than some of the others who are meeting each other for the first time,” stated Hyun Soo, “If there are any problems, we’ll change the sleeping arrangements.”

The two boys mentioned looked at each other, before looking back at the managers before shrugging.

“Then that brings us to the next room, Younghun and Minseok – you will be sharing the other room with a double bed. Younghun is being stuck in the room because he’ll be leaving quite early in the mornings and sometimes he’ll be returning late due to his modeling career kicking up as well as his acting career and we want him to disturb as little of you as he can,” stated Jong Suk, “The reason Minseok is in the room with him is because Andy wants him to be the next one of you to appear on a drama and he’ll probably be forced to go along with Younghun and get some experience on the set of the dramas.”

The two soon to be roommates looked at each other, Minseok smiled brightly at his roommate and Younghun smiled shyly towards the male that would be sharing a room and bed with – silently wishing that the other didn’t cuddle due to his dislike towards skinship, however, he’d later find out luck wasn’t on his side.

“The rest of you get your own bed in the room with the three bunk beds,” stated Hyun Soo, “So, get your things into the rooms.”

The boys all nodded and slowly began to move all their things into their designated rooms without much complaint, the only sounds came from the boys talking to their new roommates and groupmates, all trying to get to know each other better since they would be spending a lot of time together from here on out.

 

A couple hours later, the boys found themselves sitting in the dining room, food sitting at the table they were all sitting at – silence had fallen over them as they ate the food the managers had dropped off to them before disappearing. As the food slowly dwindled down into nothing, the boys sat in a slightly awkward silence.

Younghun spoke up finally cutting the silence, “Hyun Soo-hyung, told me when I got the food to make sure we get to know each other better…so I guess this would be a good time to talk more about ourselves?”

The others nodded, all silently agreeing.

“Who wants to start off?” muttered Younghun, no one really spoke up because the ones who were the most outgoing were finishing up the last bit of their food since they had talked quite a bit as they all ate. When he was greeted by silence he spoke again, “I guess I’ll start off…I was born in Jeju, where I lived with my family and was involved in a lot of different sports. I moved to Seoul with my sister when I was fourteen – so about six years ago and I ended up joining SM Entertainment before I transferred to Top Media in early 2010. That’s about it…I guess you can go next.”

The person sitting to his right, Chris, was chosen to speak next, the boy spoke up shyly, “I was born in Qingdao, China and am not Korean but Chinese and French, however my family now lives in Busan and own a flower shop. I joined Woolim Entertainment about six years ago, but then transferred over to Top Media in 2011.”

“I was born in Tokyo and am Japanese-Korean,” stated Minseok, smiling widely from where he sat to Chris’ right, “I moved to Bucheon with my younger sister and brother to stay and live with my aunt. In 2007 I joined TS Entertainment and in 2009 went into SM Entertainment before finally joining Top Media in 2010.”

The next person to speak was Sora, who smiled widely, “I was born in Kanagawa, Japan and am half Japanese and half Korean. I trained under Cube entertainment for two years before finally joining Top Media in 2010.”

“You like to talk too,” stated one of the other members in a low whisper so no one could really deem who had spoken.

“I do like to talk,” stated Sora, smiling, like how I like Chocolate – and food in general.”

“Alright, we’re going to go to the next member,” stated Younghun, cutting of the male before he continued to talk, “Minki.”

“I was born in Busan, I’m fully Korean,” stated Minki politely, “I came from a long line of business man and I have a younger sister. I trained in SM Entertainment for four years and joined Top Media late 2011.”

“I was born in Sacramento, California,” stated Jayden, smiling widely from where he sat in his seat,” I’m fully Korean and I have a twin brother, who is ten minutes older than me. I moved to Gangnam-gu, Seoul in 2004 and my appa let me audition for JYP Entertainment in 2009 and then in 2011, I transferred to Top Media.”

The attention then turned to Shin, who smiled warmly, speaking with confidence, “I was born in Busan and am fully Korean and have one younger brother.  I’ve only trained in Top Media and have been here since 2010.”

Ha Joon then took the attention onto himself, “I was born in Beijing, and am half Korean and half Chinese. I have two younger siblings, both of which are quite a bit younger than me. My family is pretty wealthy. I was raised in Beijing, but my father’s job required us to move to Bucheon and it is where my family still lives today. I was under NH Media for two years before transferring over to Top Media in 2010.”

With Ha Joon’s introduction, the attention turned towards the two who knew each other before they were put into the group. Neither of the two seemed to want to speak, however, Minhyun spoke up.

“I was born in Pyongyang, North Korea. I’m Korean,” stated Minhyun, giving off a cocky aura, “I trained under YG, because this idiot wanted to be a rapper and all this other stuff and dragged me to an audition with him.” Minhyun motioned towards Woojung, “I ended up leaving YG on my own free will for a reason I’m not sure this idiot wants you to know. Anyway, I joined Top Media in 2011 and I ended up here.”

“I was born in Busan, and am fully Korean,” stated Woojung a little awkwardly, his tone of voice a little cold, “I live with my grandma and ended up moving to Seoul not too long ago. Like Minhyun said, I dragged him to an YG audition and we got in and were in the company for a year. I was dropped from the company – for a reason you all don’t need to know – and ended up auditioning and getting into Top Media in 2011.”

The others all hummed and they fell back into a slight silence before Sora and Minseok broke out into a rather loud conversation – eventually dragging the others into it. The loud conversation carried on for most of the night and until they went to be that night – all feeling as if they knew each other a little better than they did before.

 

That night as they settled into their beds, the thought that the following day the boys would be starting training for their final audition appeared in all their minds and they all remembered they have to be friends but at the same time be rivals fighting for the same six or so positions. 

 

Sorry for the chapter being a bit boring, the following chapter should be more interesting - I just had to get the introductions and their moving into the dorms out of the way. 

Anyway, congraulations to the nine I have chosen to be in the final ten: KimMiYa (Shin), -dreamingatdawn- (Minseok), AyoWhatUpKrease (Minhyun), HwangMimi (Woojung), Jooniemoon (Sora), cat-turtle (Minki), Royeolty (Ha Joon), Miko675 (Jayden), and Maximumj (Chris).