Chapter Fifty-Six

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

The following morning, the five members still present at the dorms sat happily in the living room, two of the three happily enjoying their first bout of free time in a good while as Sora and Woojung and Xue fought with each other over who was better at the game they were playing, ignoring the results of their previous play throughs of the game as well as the results of their previous matches. Shin sat beside Xue on the couch, distracting the younger as he was supposed to be battling it out with Sora – who Woojung obviously sided with.

“You guys aren’t helping at all,” muttered Xue.

“Neither of you are good at the damn game,” muttered Minhyun grumpily from where he sat in the arm chair, glaring at the two couples on the floor, “Now; get the hell out of this apartment before I kill all four of you…”

“I’m older than you,” stated Shin, “Plus, the managers placed me in charge.”

“I don’t give a ,” muttered Minhyun, “Get out of here or else I will force you out of here myself…”

“I’d like to see you try,” muttered Woojung.

“Shut up,” muttered Minhyun, “I may not be the strongest out of us, but at least I don’t dress like a—”

“Okay, Minhyun, Sora and I are leaving,” muttered Woojung, pulling the controller out of his lover’s hands and pulling the barely older male towards their room and then out of the apartment when they were dressed in more appropriate clothes rather than their pajamas.

“That was the quickest I’ve seen Sora get ready,” muttered Xue.

“It’s the skill of being a scary and threatening person,” stated Shin, “It is a skill that only Minhyun posesses.”

Minhyun glowered at Shin, “Get out of here…”

“Did your fight with Younghun really get that bad last night?” questioned Shin, laughing as Minhyun raised his hand as if he was going to punch the older male. Shin grabbed Xue’s hand and pulled him towards the front door as well, since the duo had already changed and washed up and were ready for the day, “We’re leaving, we’re leaving.”

Minhyun glared at the barely older male as Shin pulled Xue out of the apartment, loudly stating, “Let’s go enjoy that date now, Xue.”

Minhyun scowled and threw a pillow towards the front door, “Damn you all and your damn relationships…”

The third oldest sighed and curled up in the reclining arm chair, turning on some random channel and using the boring show as a means to fall asleep, mentally cursing his group mates as he did so.

 

“What was he going to say that made you pull me out of there so quickly?” questioned Sora, “Is it the same thing as before, you know – when Younghun was involved in a situation similar to this one?”

“Don’t worry about it Sora,” stated Woojung, trying hard to turn his lover’s attention away from the secret that Minhyun had almost let spill - that the bastard had already let his not-lover in on.

“What is it and why are you hiding it from me?” questioned Sora, cocking his head to the side.

“Don’t worry about it Sora, it’s nothing important.”

Sora frowned, “If it’s nothing, then tell me what it is…”

“Sora, can we please just drop it?” questioned Woojung as they finally made it down to the lobby of the apartment complex.

Sora sighed but nodded, pulling out his phone as it vibrated, “Could we possibly stop by Mi Young-noona’s apartment before we go where ever we’re going now that we’ve been kicked out of the dorms?”

Woojung chuckled and nodded, “Why? Are you alright?”

Sora nodded, “I’m fine, it’s just that she wanted to move my appointment to half an hour from now since she had something come up this evening. It’s just a minor thing…”

Relaxing at the older male’s words, Woojung nodded, “Alright, let’s go then go where ever you feel like you want to go after the appointment.”

Sora smiled and nodded, happily smiling at his lover.

 

Shin smiled at Xue, “So, where do you want to go? It’ll be my treat.”

After a moment of thinking, Xue smiled and stated, “I want to go out to eat since Minhyun kicked us out before we got the opportunity to make food…”

“In other words before he cooked breakfast,” muttered Shin, earning a nod from Xue. The older of the two males cracked up laughing, “That’s the typical Xue way.”

Ha Joon smiled and nodded, “And everyone knows it.”

“Sorry, but Younghun pissed him off last night,” stated Shin, “even if he hadn’t kicked us out I can guarantee that he wouldn’t have made food for any of us, you especially after the sass you gave him last night.”

Xue chuckled, “What did Younghun do that pissed him off so much?”

Shin shrugged, “Who knows with those two… It’s Minhyun, everything Younghun does seems to piss him off.”

“Maybe Minhyun wanted something that Younghun wasn’t willing to give since he was too tired,” muttered Xue, earning a smack to the back of the head from Shin.

“Is that really all you think about?” questioned Shin.

“First off, I’m a teen age boy,” stated Xue, “We have no promotions and I have no school, plus I’ve finished all my summer work, what else is there for me to think about?”

Shin face palmed, shaking his head in disbelief, “You brat.”

Xue smiled, “You know you love me for my wit.”

Shin laughed, “What happened to the sweet little Ha Joon we used to know before debut – or at debut – the one that hardly ever spoke?”

“He died and I replaced him,” stated Xue, cheekily smiling at his hyung, “You know that you’d miss this side of me too if I reverted back to how I was before.”

“I don’t really know if I would,” muttered Shin, “since the other side of you is easier to handle and far cuter.”

Xue made an expression of disgust, causing Shin to laugh.

“I like you as you are right now,” stated Shin, making Xue’s expression brighten significantly.

“But seriously though hyung,” stated Xue, “I think that if the two did get rid of their ual frustration, they’d be getting along more.”

Shin laughed, “Alright Xue, have fun telling that to one of the two hot-headed idiots.”

“Younghun-hyung isn’t hot-headed though, he just chooses to be ignorant…well, it’s more like stubborn, but still, they are two very different people but they are still practically doing the same thing,” rambled Xue, causing Shin to shake his head.

“I did not understand a word you just said,” muttered Shin, laughing, “Anyhow; this is our date Xue, so, stop talking about other people and focus on us.”

Xue blushed and pouted muttering, “You’re just trying to change the topic because you know I’m right, but whatever…how are you feeling today? You look better, you still look like you could fall over any second now, but you’re looking better than you were last night.”

Shin laughed, “Thanks for the confidence boosting words, magnae-nim.”

“You’re welcome,” stated Xue cheekily, ducking away from Shin’s hand as he raised it.

“Aishi…this brat,” muttered Shin, chasing after the magnae as the younger happily ran away.

 

“You’re showing signs of improvement mentally,” stated Mi Young, smiling happily at Sora, “I know it’s probably still hard for you to think like how you used to, but slowly it’ll get easier. Plus, Sora, I’m pretty sure that we’ve come out of the more difficult times of your recover, I’m sure that if you keep doing what you are, you’ll continue to get better until it seems like this never happened.”

Sora smiled widely, thanking the woman as he stood up.

“I think the worst is over, but I can’t be too sure since the road to recovery with this disorder is a long one…” stated Mi Young, smiling at the male, “I’ll see you on Friday.”

Sora smiled and nodded, “I’ll see you noona! I’ll go ahead and let myself out.”

Mi Young smiled and nodded, “Alright, enjoy your date and get this crap off your mind for a little bit.”

Again, Sora smiled and nodded, “Neh, noona.”

With that Sora stood up and spun on his heel, heading towards the door happily. He moved towards Woojung with a skip in his step, happily grabbing the younger’s hand and pulling him up off the couch and pulling the male’s attention away from his phone and back onto him.

“You done here?” questioned Woojung in slight shock, not expecting the appointment to be so quick since one usually took hours.

Sora smiled and nodded, “Let’s go grab something to eat since Minhyun-hyung didn’t cook us any breakfast like we all predicted him to.”

Woojung chuckled and nodded, happily leading the younger out of the apartment he had come to get too familiar with.

 

Xue stretched happily, patting his filled stomach as Shin solemnly pulled out his wallet – pulling out enough money to pay for both his meal and the magnae’s.

“You really are becoming a food monster,” muttered Shin.

“Are you saying I’m fat?” muttered Xue, unintentionally making a joke that would possibly offend one of their fellow members had they been in his presence.

“No, I’m just saying you eat...a lot.”

Xue laughed, “I know, but it’s only because I’m spoiled.”

Shin laughed, sarcastically stating, “By who? Sora and Woojung...No, it's Minhyun spoiling you, isn't it?”

“No,” stated Xue, smirking, “By you and Younghun.”

“I know you mischievous brat,” muttered Shin, “It’s called sarcasm.”

“You know you love me…” sang Xue.

Shin glowered at the younger, who chuckled and stood up from the table, happily moving towards the door of the café and leaving Shin behind without second thoughts.

“I’ll wait for you outside hyung,” called Xue, escaping from the older male’s grasp yet again.

“Aishi, I can see why Younghun always claims that you and the rest of the magnae line are going to be the death of him,” muttered Shin, shaking his head but smiling widely as he followed after Xue, leaving the money on the table with the bill for their brunch.

 

Sora happily walked around with Woojung, talking casually and for the time being forgetting that the two of them were members of an idol group – for the first time in a while, he felt like a normal person again, he felt as though he had never debuted in an idol group and that Woojung and he were like the normal people. Sure, idols were normal people as well – they had two arms, two legs, ten fingers, ten toes, and ect, but idols carried burdens that normal people can’t feel – don’t carry. They don’t have the pressure of the industry on their shoulders twenty-four hours seven days a week; they don’t have the pressure to be the perfect human beings everyone expects them to be constantly, on and off camera – sometimes even in the safety of their own homes.

So, his perfect day was ruined as people began to gather around and stare at Woojung and him – finally recognizing him from the various different things they had been featured on in the past year. The harsh reality that he was no longer a normal person, that he had to constantly be concerned about his image, was brought back to his attention and seemed to hit him ten times harder than normal as he stood amidst a crowd of what seemed to be fans that were gathering upon learning that he and Woojung were spending a day together on the town. Fear appeared in the depth of his mind as he looked at them shyly, forcing on that perfect mask and smile for the fans as to not worry them – the people that had gotten him to where he was both in a good and bad way. The good way being the success of Spectrum – the growing success of Spectrum - and the bad being the decrease in his health and mental state, the burden that he was placing on his hyungs and dongseangs' shoulders, the worry he was instilling on all those around him and all those important to him.

“Sora,” called Woojung in an attempt to snap the older male out of his thoughts, watching in silence as the elder put the walls back up around him, slipping on the I'm-a-idol mask and hiding his true state away from the crowding fans that were surprisingly, slowly growing in number.

Sora stayed unresponsive, leading to Woojung bowing to the fans and waving before grabbing a hold of Sora’s upper arm and pulling him away from where the fans had begun together and moving towards the road, calling a taxi.

Once the duo were in the safety of the cab, Woojung made sure the driver kept his attention on the road before cupping his lover’s cheeks and forcing the male to look him in the eyes.

“Sora,” called Woojung again, sighing in relief as the elder looked at him with curious eyes before glancing around the cab.

“Why are we here?”

“You froze up,” stated Woojung, “I-I thought you were going to go into a panic attack so I pulled you away from the crowd.”

Sora nodded in graditude, “Thanks…”

Woojung smiled gently towards his lover, “I’m just doing what all friends and loved ones would do for you if they had been in my place, and so, there is no reason for thanks. However, Sora, I’m curious…what did you think? Why do you think they were staring at you? Why were you so panicked?”

“I thought they were scrutinizing me,” muttered Sora, “I didn’t think it, I knew it. I knew they were looking at me the way they were because I’m back to being the fat person they saw in me before. I’m back to being the person they hated because I’m so…”

“You’re not fat,” muttered Woojung, caressing Sora’s cheek, “You’re not fat.”

Sora pouted, but nodded, smiling at his lover weakly, “I am fat though, and you don’t need to lie Woojung-ah.”

Woojung frowned, whispering, “Maybe this outing wasn’t as good of an idea as I thought.”

Sora cocked his head to the side, regretting the words he spoke but he had promised Woojung that he wouldn’t lie anymore – that he’d be honest about what he was thinking.

Despite his disappointment, Woojung smiled towards his lover and whispered, “I’m sorry for putting you through these thoughts again…I thought you’d feel better and get your mind off of it by going out, but I was clearly wrong.” He paused before whispering, “You were doing so well…and t-this outing ruined it...”

“I’m sorry,” muttered Sora.

Woojung smiled and patted the elder’s shoulders, “Why? It’s my fault you had to go through those thoughts again.”

Sora smiled weakly before turning his attention towards the window, feeling guilty as he yet again disappointed Woojung – feeling like he yet again burdened the younger.

 

Minhyun sat boredly on the couch, his eyes trained to the television as he fought off sleep – guilt ate him up from the fight he and the leader had, had the previous night. He felt bad for what he had said, for him letting his insecurities getting the best of him – though he’d never admit that he felt bad or had insecurities...but at the same time he didn't regret his words because they needed to be said since the male was an idiot - a stupid idiot. 

He felt bad because he knew that there was a lot piling up on the leader’s shoulder’s especially since the elder had gone to the president secretly and asked for time off for Shin and Minhyun and while he got the two other 93ers time off, he got more put onto him.  Minhyun knew that though the leader was hardly around him, Shin, and the magnae-line he was aware of all that went on in the dorms, he was aware of how busy their schedules are - well, were - and he obviously knew how tired they were without them admitting it or even speak about it, but he was clearly tired too and from the looks of it in far worse condition than him and Shin.

Minhyun felt especially bad over the fact he had said such harsh and unnecessary things to the leader the previous night, he was just tired and angry - angry over the fact the idiot would go and do something like that. He felt guilty because he went and yelled at the leader, who was already not in good health and probably made him feel worse than he already was.

Minhyun’s attention turned towards the door as it flew open and smacked the wall, shocked to see the leader storming in.

“I thought you were in Busan,” muttered Minhyun, a bit colder than he meant.

Younghun looked at Minhyun blankly stating in a very hoarse voice, “I was supposed to be there filming for some CF, but the company canceled the schedule for me, deciding that it would be best if I stayed near by incase I was needed...”

“Why?” questioned Minhyun, a little nervously as the leader kicked off his shoes, the expression on Younghun’s face was the darkest that Minhyun had ever seen it.

Younghun didn’t respond at first, falling into a coughing fit as he bent over to pick up his shoes and put them in the shoe closet.

Minhyun watched in worry, finally realizing just how ty the elder looked - how bad the leader's condition truly was. He had really dark eye bags under his eyes that made it look as if he had been in a fight and had gotten punched. Not to mention, the male’s eyes were cloudy – sure it could be from being tired, but it look as if the leader wasn’t fully there. On top of all that, the male looked very pale and his arms and legs appeared to be noticeably trembling – as if they were too weak to support the rest of his body.

Feeling concerned as the leader stayed doubled over coughing; Minhyun stood up and walked towards the leader – who had his eyes closed tightly as he coughed, as if he was in pain. Gently grabbing the leader’s forearm, he was shocked to see some sort of liquid in the leader’s hand, as the coughing subsided, Minhyun became all too aware of the quiet, fast, shallow breaths the leader took.

“Younghun,” stated Minhyun in worry.

“It’s nothing serious it's a cold, the stuff in my hand...it's just mucus,” muttered Younghun, clearing his throat and forcing himself to stand up straight, trying hard to show that he was fine, not wanting to worry Minhyun any farther.

“This looks pretty serious,” muttered Minhyun, “Considering that there is blood in your mucus.”

“I’ll go to the doctor later,” muttered Younghun, his voice hardly there anymore as he attempted to clear his throat again. 

“Why are you back?” muttered Minhyun, seeing that he wasn’t getting anywhere with the leader as he let his hand drop down to the elder’s wrist, feeling that the elder's hear was beating faster than usual, "You're supposed to be in Busan not Seoul."

“This,” muttered Younghun, his voice raspy and hardly audible, raising his hand and showing the cover of a magazine to Minhyun who stared at one of the headlines in shock. 

 

Bum, bum, bum...MORE DRAMA TO COME! 

I kind of feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot with writing all this drama, but oh well...

Also, you all can thank SS501 for being my muse to write this (not the chapter, but rather writing in general), for some reason listening to their music is putting me into a writing sort of mood. I don't know why I'm saying this, I just felt like I should...

So...

Yeah...

I'm back to writing relatively short, babbling AN's again. ^^