Hints of change

Love square.

Narrator pov

"Hey cuz." The guy took his sunglasses off and looked at Hyunjoo. He went closer to her and gave her a huge bear hug.

He let loose and smelled the air.

"What's that smell cuz? You can cook now?" He .

Hyunjoo glared at him and put her hands on her waist.

"Yah! for your information, I've been knowing how to cook and that's my friend cooking for me." She snorted back.

"Friend?! IS IT A BOY?!" He snarled at her.

"Pft. No, it's my best friend and roomate that I told you about... Aish, why are you so protective when you're just being mean to me?" She pouted.

"Because I LOOOOOOVE YOU! Duhhh." He gave her a dorky smile and walked passed her, inside the apartment.

He looked around, checking every corner of the living room. *It's decent enough* He thought.

"Hyunjoo! Who was at the door?" Jangmi yelled from the kitchen.

Hyunjoo took a breath to calm herself and then grabbed her cousins wrist. She dragged him to the kitchen. Jangmi turned around and looked at him.

"Is he your 'new boyfriend of the week'?" Jangmi turned around and stole a peek of him for maybe half a second before going back to cooking.

Hyunjoo and her cousin looked at each other and gave each other a puking face.

"Uhmm.. Actually, he's the cousin I was talking about.. You know, the one that's gonna be living with us." Hyunjoo stressfully said.

"Yah! Why do you say it like it's a bad thing?" her cousin pouted.

"Eww, don't do that.. It's not adorable at all." She shook her head in disgust.

He glared at her for a good second and then turned to pay his full attention to his cousin's best friend.

"Annyeong! I'm Lee Byunghun or L.joe.. The one and only favorite cousin of Hyunjoo." He smiled.

Jangmi finished cooking and wiped her hands on her apron. She turned around and saw a very handsome, young, and attractive boy standing in front of her.

"Annyeong-haseyo. My name is Kim Jangmi... The one and only favorite friend of Hyunjoo." Jangmi giggled and walked towards him to shake his hand.

They both laughed and shook each other's hand while Hyunjoo was just looking at them.

"You guys are so stupid." Hyunjoo shook her head. 

"Anyways, I'm gonna go and show L.joe around, then we'll come and sit with you to eat." Hyunjoo grabbed L.joe wrist.

"YAH! Can you stop with the dragging. I can surely assure you that I will follow you, I'm not a lost dog or anything." L.joe complained.

"Pft. You look like a dog." Hyunjoo mumbled to herself while letting go of his wrist.

"YAHHHHH! I heard you!" L.joe screeched.

~~~~~

L.joe and Hyunjoo came back to the kitchen in a split second after telling L.joe that he'll be sleeping on the couch. He kind of got disappointed with what his cousin had said, but he still thanked her for the great hospitality.

They sat down on the table and thanked Jangmi for the great food. It was silent and awkward for a couple minutes when suddenly..

"So, Where are you from again?" Jangmi broke the awkward silence.

L.joe looked up with his mouth full. He swallowed as fast as he could then grabbed a napkin to wipe his mouth.

"I used to live here, but I moved to the U.S when I was 12 and then came back here when I was 17. My parents wanted to see which place was better, and they thought U.S was a lot better than over her. So, we moved back to the U.S when I was 18.." L.joe explained.

"Ooooooh, So then why did you decide to come back here?" Jangmi asked.

L.joe looked down and smiled. 

"I just wanted to get out... I just couldn't handle it over there, you know.. Very Suffocating. So I came here to refresh myself from all the problems back at home. Well, not really home, Korea is actually my home. Let's say I'm trying to get out of hell." L.joe smiled to himself.

Jangmi was a bit taken back, while Hyunjoo just patted his back. Jangmi thought for a second then smiled.

"Well, If you ever need someone to talk to. Hyunjoo and I are always here." Jangmi reached over and patted his hand.

After that emotional moment, Jangmi decided to break the sentimental atmosphere with some random questions that is in need of knowing.

"Uhhhm. How old are you?" Jangmi asked.

"I'm 19, how about you?" L.joe looked up and replied.

"Oh, so you're the same age as Hyunjoo and I?" Jangmi asked.

"Mmmmmm, I guess I am." L.joe smiled.

"Are you going to school here?" Jangmi asked.

"Yeah. I'm actually gonna go to the same school as Hyunjoo. Uhmmm, What is it called again? SNU?" L.joe contemplated in his head if it was right or wrong.

"Oh, yeah. I go there with Hyunjoo too. What major are you taking?" Jangmi asked.

"I'm taking Art History and Dance." L.joe smiled.

"Ayyyye. I take Dance and Physics. We'll probably see each other." Jangmi smiled

Then the night went on..

But one person in the room was just plain astounded and that one person was sitting right there with the name Hyunjoo.

~~~~~

After they had dinner, they all went to their rooms while L.joe went to the couch.

Hyunjoo laid on her bed, thinking of reasons why.

This is the first time she had seen L.joe like that. The way he would nicely reply to Jangmi, the way he would smile, and the way he would gladly listen to Jangmi without being irritated by her.

It was a big surprise and she's glad that he's changing.

And changing for the better, not the worst.


a/n

I think today, I'm going to be doing a double update jk maybe... And it's because I LOVE YOU GUYS! ahahahah!

support & thanks